Old FE games on the Nintendo e-Shop?

Firebreather

I'm interested as to whether Nintendo will ever make the older Fire Emblem games (or older GBA games in general) available on the Nintendo e-Shop. It's hard to get your hands on those games and the newer Nintendo systems don't even support GBA games.

I'm uninformed as to how difficult this may be, but wouldn't Nintendo just need to put the game's data on the e-Shop? I mean, I know that they probably wouldn't make much money off of them, but would it even cost anything to do it? After all, they have the 'Virtual Console' games on the e-Shop... so why not put GBA games on as well?

I'm fairly certain it's a bit more complex than just "putting the game's data" on the e-Shop. They would most likely have to develop some sort of emulation software so the game can actually be used.

It's not that difficult. In fact, it has already been done. Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light, the very first game, is already available on the Japanese eShop, while Sacred Stones was briefly available as part of the Ambassador Program when 3DS prices dropped.

But true, beyond that, there is currently no GBA stuff in there. But it's already proven that they can, so I guess it's just a matter of when if they feel to start releasing them for purchase to the general public.

They already have made Sacred Stones available on the eShop, at least for people with Ambassador access. I'm not sure if they ever made it available for non-Ambassadors. Whatever the case, it obviously shows that it's something they're capable of. I wouldn't be surprised if Blazing Sword someday pops up on there.

I'm sure it's possible for them to do it. I know a few of the older games are available on the Japanese eShop. Blazing Sword might be a likely candidate if they start selling virtual console GBA titles outside the Ambassador releases. Sword of Seals could see a Japanese release in this manner, but I find it (sadly) unlikely that Nintendo will invest in translating and localizing the NES and SNES era games for a niche market. However, if any of these games were to be remade for modern systems like Shadow Dragon, there's a much better chance that version will see an international release.

I hope Awakening puts out enough interest in the older games, at least Genealogy. The Wii U is supposed to have GBA games on the e-shop eventually.