Help with Gerome's skills

Ghostlander

Alright, I want gerome to have some really cool skills. Stats are whatever, as they can be obtained very easily through grinds.

Though, His father will be my avatar, who has Ignis and rally spectrum. I was thinking of making him a dark knight but would those skills be worth it for gerome?

Assuming I use Hero or War Monk instead of wyvern class that is.

What other class for avatar would give some cool abilities to Gerome?

Also, Cherche... Should I keep her going wyvern Lord? Would Gerome Inheret Canto? or would a different class be more suitable for his skill inherets?

Thanks

Edited by Ghostlander

I don't actually know what Canto is, but the kid'll inherit any two non-DLC skills as far as I know.

EDIT: I mean, I know what Canto is in general parlance but I don't know what you're referring to in FE13.

Edited by Integrity

Ignis is generally considered a very good skill to have. From what I've seen, the dark knights final skill (soul steal?) is very good as it allows a character to tank indefinitely as long as he's getting kills. If you have that, it should work pretty well with vengeance and/or wrath so you can kill more when your at low health. Gerome has access to all of these if avatar is his dad. Also, making him a mercenary and then a hero works out well because he gets armsthrift which is generally very useful, but war monk's renewal helps with tanking a lot.

Of course, I don't have the game yet, but this is true from what I've observed.