Frederick and Avatar = Most godly pair ever?

Anacybele

At the point in the game you're at on Hard, I found Chrom+Sumia to be an unstoppable team of destruction, now Sumia's getting rehab trips to DLC land to keep her relevant.

That's... really weird. Your Sumia should be, like, totally eclipsing your Chrom. You generally want her in the lead once she gets some levels because her speed is insane and every attack she does is a (eventually very high) chance for Chrom to dual-attack. (Also, you know, movement and such.)

I guess I don't know how to "make sure" they're "exceptional."

What he meant is, if they're not, then don't post it.

"exceptional" here means "unusually good". You find out if something is unusually good by comparing its goodness to the goodness of other things in its class. Try out other pairs.

Edited by zahlman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sumia's defence is her problem. While she has a great player phase, I find it's completely up to the RNG gods for her to be blessed enough to keep taking hits in the EP. Sometimes she ends up better than Cordelia, but other times Cordelia completely eclipses Sumia. I haven't really had a file where they are equals, strangely enough. Chrom gets a lot of durability help from Aether and Rightful King, plus he just has higher def growth in general.

Donnel is certified insane, except the first 10 levels make training Amelia seem like a cakewalk, since the enemies in general are much tougher than the bonewalkers and revenents of Sacred Stones. But as soon as he changes into a fighter or mercenary, he's starting with stats in his 20s....

No one in 1st gen will ever be as broken as the possibilities in 2nd gen though.

What he meant is, if they're not, then don't post it.

And I said I thought they were. Geez, why must I repeat myself so often?

Try out other pairs.

No thanks. I had intended to at first, but I ended up liking the female Avatar with Frederick too much to ever pass it up. xP

Yeah, I mean, now I'm actually at home and can actually load Serenes properly, here's how ridiculous Mag!Morgan is XD

Ricken!Laurent!Morgan has a base magic of 56 as a Sage before Limit Breaker. Add in Limit Breaker, Cries, Valflame and Tomefaire pushes it up by 30, so up to 86. S Rank him with Libra!Noire, who has a base magic of 51, apply all the same boosts to her, so up to 81. Then as they're Sages, they add 9 to each other when they're paired up, so 95 for Morgan when Noire's the support, and 90 for Noire when Morgan's the support.

And then Dual stuff, they should have a 92% chance of Dual Striking, 40% chance Dual Guard for magic, and 35% chance for physical attacks.

You can use temp items to boost up their stats further too XD

Edited by Wheels

No thanks. I had intended to at first, but I ended up liking the female Avatar with Frederick too much to ever pass it up. xP

It's great that you like the pairing to the extent that you do; enjoy it as much as you can! But with that said, not doing other pairings gives you pretty limited personal insights into how good Frederick+Avatar as a combo is in comparison to other possible combinations. Frederick+anyone is always going to be lackluster compared to other possibilities. To the point that calling it "good" even, let alone "godly" is quite inaccurate.

Plus, there might be a pairing with the female Avatar you like even better you won't know about.

It's great that you like the pairing to the extent that you do; enjoy it as much as you can! But with that said, not doing other pairings gives you pretty limited personal insights into how good Frederick+Avatar as a combo is in comparison to other possible combinations. Frederick+anyone is always going to be lackluster compared to other possibilities. To the point that calling it "good" even, let alone "godly" is quite inaccurate.

Doesn't matter to me. I've got a whole cast out there I could experiment with, so I don't see why I can't stick with one pairing I'll definitely be doing every playthrough while the rest will get different husbands/wives every time.

Plus, there might be a pairing with the female Avatar you like even better you won't know about.

I've seen a lot of the female Avatar's romantic supports so far thanks to the stickied thread in this section, and there isn't any yet that I like more than the one with Frederick. Plus, I love Freddy as a character, he's awesome. :3 But we'll see, I guess.

Edited by Anacybele

Pft! Please, the best pair for F!MU is Ricken or Henry Scratch that, keep Frederick, no problem. 8U

Really now, even I know Normal mode "greatness" is nothing to brag about, Hard or higher is where you can earn bragging rights.

That's... really weird. Your Sumia should be, like, totally eclipsing your Chrom. You generally want her in the lead once she gets some levels because her speed is insane and every attack she does is a (eventually very high) chance for Chrom to dual-attack. (Also, you know, movement and such.)

Sumia's Str growth was so bad that she was 0 and 1 hitting things on some of the paralogue maps when I still had a handful of people who could do one-rounds. And her Mag growth was non-existent to the point that her Mends were significantly weaker than everyone else's Heals.

I still use Fred like, every other battle. He's decent, but is far behind my numerous reclassed-at-least-once-then-promoted-units, and their OP children. He's at least better than the RNG-screwed wife he has (Cordelia).

Edited by Chidokyo

Are you even reading his post?

For one thing, your "evidence" isn't even special for their stats and levels. Another thing is, you're on NORMAL mode. Which is meant for newcomers/people who haven't played FE in a long while. The damn enemies don't even have their class skills.

Any pair could solo the hell out of the game.

Even Olivia x Donnel?

Also lol this topic.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

shadowofchaos, you are coming off as a bit harsh. Just relax and let people have their own opinions.

Listen to the FE master.

-----

And Rey is right about one thing....this attitute won't get you far in streetpass since most of the chapters are on Lunatic.

Listen to the FE master.

-----

And Rey is right about one thing....this attitute won't get you far in streetpass since most of the chapters are on Lunatic.

Please stop fanboying over me.

I admit, I was harsh. VERY harsh.

Who said I wanted to do any Streetpass stuff?

Also lol this topic.

Well excuse me for mistakenly thinking I had a statistically good pair. You don't have to make fun of me.

Who said I wanted to do any Streetpass stuff?

Well excuse me for mistakenly thinking I had a statistically good pair. You don't have to make fun of me.

Ah, don't mind 'em. Some people get a little too caught up in math to realize not everyone's on that page. It happens to the best of us.

Also, +1 for Freddy being a badass? "Pick a god, and pray" is the most awesome "feces got serious" line delivery in the game.

Ah, don't mind 'em. Some people get a little too caught up in math to realize not everyone's on that page. It happens to the best of us.

Also, +1 for Freddy being a badass? "Pick a god, and pray" is the most awesome "feces got serious" line delivery in the game.

I see. Sure, I'll just ignore them then. :)

And yes, I love that line too! I forgot about that, lol.

Maybe on stats he doesn't add up to past Jeigans, but he has something the others don't have : the pair up.

That +5 STR and DEF and +1 SPD and SKL on anyone right off the bat are godly. Anyone can become quite tanky while delivering extra punch and more important, getting the full exp. Also, with reclassing he is much more versatile and not useless or a burden later in the game like most Jeigans.

Story wise he doesn't give advices to the lord like Jeigan, Titania or Marcus. He is more like a bodyguard.

Edited by Lanko

Yeah, you're right about that, Lanko. Also, right now, Frederick can deal more damage in one blow than any of my other units and by far. He's still constantly triggering Luna and criticals and even BOTH at the same time. And when he does use both at once, I've seen him deal a friggin whopping NINETY points of damage!

Statistically? Yeah, Frederick just doesn't seem to match up to past Jagens. But I love him for his character, not his stats. ^^

I meant character-wise, not to bag on him. I was always extremely fond of Titania and Marcus, and Jagen made an impression on me. Seth I did not use except for his boss stats. Freddy... is mostly there to be married to girls who need to make me babies for my army of awesome.

I actually enjoy Fred's supports a lot. He ACTUALLY makes Maribelle's face flush completely red in frustration. Plus, you know, he hangs up all those nude posters of Chrom... I love Fred more than I have ever loved Seth or Marcus (I'm sorry, it's impossible for any earlygame paladin to exceed Titania in my heart). However, my Avatar is totally saved for Owain~

He does have some awesome supports but for some reason I just can't get Freddy-boy to glue together into a character I like. I don't know why. My brain is weird.

I haven't seen past his C-support with Maribelle though. This playthrough he'll top out at A at best since Ricken x Maribelle is going to be a thing this time. (Also, on related note, am trying out Kellam x Cherche first chance I get, it might be Kellam's one chance for a romance that doesn't revolve around how forgettable he is. Poor guy.)

Plus, you know, he hangs up all those nude posters of Chrom...

Wait, what? o.O I don't remember the support saying the posters were of a nude Chrom. Well...no wonder the guy was so embarrassed. ._.

But that's a hilarious support nonetheless. lol

Frederick gives +1 MOV to his attach partner. I fail to see any problems with this.

(this is about as far as my thoughts on frederick go atm)

Edited by Integrity

Wait, what? o.O I don't remember the support saying the posters were of a nude Chrom. Well...no wonder the guy was so embarrassed. ._.

But that's a hilarious support nonetheless. lol

From their C Support:

Frederick

Of course not, milord. I am here to serve. Ah, and one final thing: I've taken measures to raise troop numbers and morale. I had an artisan create posters emblazoned with your noble image. It's milord in a bold pose-naked, save a scale in one hand and a sword in the other. And at your feet, I scrawled our new recruiting motto: "Chrom Wants You!" I had them pinned inside each and every tent. Surely the troops will be thrilled to rally behind their common leader, milord.

Chrom

...Wait. You did what?! In whose... You hung this pict... In EVERYONE'S tent?!