The Lunatic Club

Shinori

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah so you're like beating the game legitimately instead of doing it with just 4 characters.

But the real question is did you beat the rest of the game with no dlc/bonusbox features and 270 starting renown?! And did you kill the reinforcements!

(I'm looking for someone else in the world that's done this, though you lose points in my personal imagination since you didn't do it before Walhart.)

That one was done front-to-end under the constraints of no grinding, no Renown, no DLC, no Nos and no Spotpass. I'm not sure which reinforcements you're talking about, but I generally killed the majority of them during my run. After taking down Grima, that same run also went on to do all the Spotpass paralogues in order without picking up any extra resources (so no going to DLC or Risen skirmishes for more gold or EXP).

Tiki's paralogue still could've been the Robin and family show with different skill luck, though. I think I only really used Nowi because there was so much Pavise+. Doing it before Walhart with the full team probably would have been doable, since then the half of the team that sat mostly idle could've contributed. Done with just Robin's family, Olivia and two staffers would be iffier because the team would kill 8 enemies per turn at most. The lower levels would hurt, but I'm sure forges could make up for it.

I just did par 17 with the late-game chars at base stats and just Robin / Chrom trained. It's much easier if you just clear it in 2 turns with galeforce + dance. I had recruited Priam and Aversa and was on ch Endgame.

I need to find some single word to categorize actually completing this game that doesn't involve listing all the dlc crap. Maybe I'll go with 100% clear Vanilla Awakening, though that doesn't really address renown...

You might be thinking of Lunatic All Chapters and Paralogues no Wireless/DLC, though I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to.

That one was done front-to-end under the constraints of no grinding, no Renown, no DLC, no Nos and no Spotpass. I'm not sure which reinforcements you're talking about, but I generally killed the majority of them during my run. After taking down Grima, that same run also went on to do all the Spotpass paralogues in order without picking up any extra resources (so no going to DLC or Risen skirmishes for more gold or EXP).

Tiki's paralogue still could've been the Robin and family show with different skill luck, though. I think I only really used Nowi because there was so much Pavise+. Doing it before Walhart with the full team probably would have been doable, since then the half of the team that sat mostly idle could've contributed. Done with just Robin's family, Olivia and two staffers would be iffier because the team would kill 8 enemies per turn at most. The lower levels would hurt, but I'm sure forges could make up for it.

Nice, you're a beast.

Know anyone else that's done the game under similar circumstances? (Killed everything without wireless) I'm sure there are some in this thread but I'm not sure I have the willpower to dig that far.

I completed Tiki's paralogue with just training Avatar, Morgan, and Lon'qu.

Turn 1: Lucina Rally Movement, Gregor Pair up with Lon'qu, Lon'qu kills peg at 2 range. Olivia pair up with Cherche, Cordelia rescues Cherche, switch and dance Lon'qu so he can kill the Falcoknight. Libra rescues Avatar/Chrom south, Avatar kills the boss and Galeforces to kill another Griffon. Anna rescues Morgan east and he ORKOs a Wyvern with the Wyrmslayer.

Turn 2: Lon'qu kills the last peg, Olivia dances and he moves down to kill a griffon. Libra rescues Avatar/Chrom back up and she kills two griffons using Galeforce. Morgan kills another wyvern. Wyrmslayer!Say'ri and Anna finish off the last wyvern.

Nice, you're a beast.

Know anyone else that's done the game under similar circumstances? (Killed everything without wireless) I'm sure there are some in this thread but I'm not sure I have the willpower to dig that far.

I just did a speedrun on luna+ using no wireless. Renown up to 270, though. No grinding, no dlc, etc..

Whelp, I now know Anna hates me with a burning passion.

I had to reset in Ch. 2 on Lunatic+ thanks to my Avatar getting so RNG screwed there was literally no possible way to win the chapter. Now, going back and doing the Prologue... It's been utter and true hell.

I've spent upwards of 3 hours just on the Prologue. Enemies keep moving where they shouldn't be going, the top mage keeps getting Vantage+ Luna+, Chrom keeps getting crit by the one enemy who can possibly crit him, Frederick misses on the 2 barbarians at the start...

I just don't get it. The first time around it barely took me an hour.

Whelp, beat Prologue... Took ~4 hours...

Chapter 1 is gonna be so much fun, I can tell...

Avatar has 12 base defense and 23 health, any tips to make this take less than the rest of my days?

Well shucks, Chapter 1 wasn't half bad at all. The Avatar was RNG blessed in defense this time, so it hardly took me a half an hour, just a few resets because Hawkeye Luna+ hammer guy.

Edited by eclipse

Posted · Hidden by eclipse, March 1, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, March 1, 2015 - No reason given

Whelp, beat Prologue... Took ~4 hours...

Chapter 1 is gonna be so much fun, I can tell...

Avatar has 12 base defense and 23 health, any tips to make this take less than the rest of my days?

Posted · Hidden by eclipse, March 1, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, March 1, 2015 - No reason given

Well shucks, Chapter 1 wasn't half bad at all. The Avatar was RNG blessed in defense this time, so it hardly took me a half an hour, just a few resets because Hawkeye Luna+ hammer guy.

Well, I'm glad you got through it, but if you ever need to replay those parts, see the link in my sig. It has guides to reliable Prologue and Chapter 1 clears. There are certain benchmarks for fighting the worst enemy setup in Chapter 1 (Luna+ and Vantage+ Boss), but my setup worked for a Robin who went into the map with 9 Def and 21 HP (against a Boss who did not have that combo, but six of the other units had Luna+).

On one hand, +Def means you'll have a nice, tanky avatar. On the other hand, -Str means that he/she will have to rely on magic to get things done.

-Mag/+Lck is even more puzzling, IMO. Luck's great for dodging crits/Armsthrift/Miracle, but I don't see how else it helps, while -Mag screams "physical unit".

I Will Try, But It Probably Wont work.

Not only is that strat for Lunatic+ (so you've got plenty of spare room thanks to fewer skills), but it's designed for a run that would hypothetically be resetless. The only reason it wouldn't work is if you didn't follow it fully.

-Mag/+Lck is even more puzzling, IMO. Luck's great for dodging crits/Armsthrift/Miracle, but I don't see how else it helps, while -Mag screams "physical unit".

Well... THAT Asset/Flaw Is How I Really am.

Uhh. . .okay? More power to you if it works? I'd use +Luck if I want to make a super-gimmicky Miracle/Armsthrift build using Morgan with Nidhogg or something, but I can't think of much other practical uses for it. In-game, I see avatar as Just Another Character, not some extension to myself (it helps that exactly zero of the options look remotely like me).

Uhh. . .okay? More power to you if it works? I'd use +Luck if I want to make a super-gimmicky Miracle/Armsthrift build using Morgan with Nidhogg or something, but I can't think of much other practical uses for it. In-game, I see avatar as Just Another Character, not some extension to myself (it helps that exactly zero of the options look remotely like me).

Fun Fact: None of the options for MU look like me.

@ Waterwalking w/ -Res

Watertricking with -res is still doable, however (vantage/luna aside), though I did have to give up the first wave mage to Frederick because there's no way I could've baited both of them. My run was a while ago, but I remember I finagled a bit with positioning and may have let Lissa down once to heal or something. Also letting Fred at the first wave mage freed up both vulns to use for the second one, but at the expense of not getting to level 7.

Wasn't that big of a deal, though. Still did it. I mean yeah it's far from optimal but I was stubborn and HAD to do every mode with +Str -Res so :B

Edited by Thor Odinson