FE Scripts for patch and hacks

Lord Kappos

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which FE most deserves a sequel?

• Sacred Stones
    • Blazing Sword, Sword of Seals
    • Shadow Dragon, Hero L&S
    • POR, Radiant Dawn

I am a completely ignorant soul when it comes to hacking and patching. As far as I can tell most FE hacking has fallen to the back burner since 2009 and I can't find much in the way of fan made mods and games that I could play on my emulator (Desmume). I have a lot of ideas for some patch and hack scripts but I don't really know where to start. Any suggestions? Or anyone want to do a collaborative project?

Uhh... you know that there are at least 10 active ROM hacks on this board alone, right...? You don't use Desmume to run GBA ROMs.

Edited by Agro

Uhh... you know that there are at least 10 active ROM hacks on this board alone, right...? You don't use Desmume to run GBA ROMs.

Right. Sorry, I use the Boycott Advance. Where are the links to the downloads and which games do they patch to? Most of them draw from multiple FE games so I got pretty confused and like I said I'm not finding much on the internets in the way of instruction.

These downloads won't format right on a mac will they. I've done most everything else just fine on it. I'm using multipatch to patch files and running the Boycott as well as PCSX and some other emulators just fine. So, is there something I'm missing or is it just not going to work?

I don't think NUPS works on a Mac, no. But you are extracting them from the RAR and all that, right? It isn't difficult to stick stuff on a USB and find someone that has a Windows computer, I guess...

I'm having trouble seeing your problem! I'm also using a Mac and Multipatch, which is an incredibly simple patcher.

A patch is a patch, regardless of whether your using Windows or Mac. :P There is also a Mac version of Visual Boy Advance (just google it and you'll find a download link).

Edited by eCut

VBA is more or less the best GBA emulator out there, it's suggested you use that.

Keep in mind stuff like OS, game version, etc. are all important in this. Unless you specify what you did and how you did there's not much people like us can really say or do but point you in a vague direction (ala linking you to resources). However, with not only NUPS but Multipatch and other patchers, patching should not be a problem, nor should emulation itself, so I believe that if you make a decent effort, the only thing barring you from succeeding is finding a good base ROM, which we cannot help you with (check out the rules for "why").

Anyhow, good luck...

I like how off-topic this has become. No, really, I just love it.<3

Guys, stop discussing cam, that's not what the thread is for.

Edited by eCut

Definitely wrong there, FE Hacking is only getting better, especially with Cedar's new tool looming on the horizon. And then there's FEXP.

/foreverfexpingalone/

I've been playing with some nightmare tools and there is a lot to learn but I did find some good resources on youtube. Anywhere else I could find some comprehensive tutorials?