War Cleric Lissa

Gone2Ground

She'll start getting more strength as a War Cleric because of that class's higher Strength cap and growth. She still can't compare with most physical units, but at least you can make her deliver some damage. Wait until she reaches Axe B.

The Avatar and Libra are the only characters worth using as a War Cleric in the first generation, at least during the campaign. Bolt Axes help a lot, sure, but you can't exactly depend on them.

Yes, if you give Lissa and Maribelle certain supports, they will eventually, after a really long time, start to do some decent damage. In the meanwhile, you'll find that their axes have actually made them more of a liability than a help by reducing their healing throughput and making it so that they're extra afraid whenever there's guys with swords around (which is most of the campaign; lances aren't rare, but they're definitely much less common.)

I'd really much rather have them as Tricksters but they can't pick up that class.

Edited by CinderSkye

In my opinion, she's better off as a Peg. Knight --> Falcon Knight because aside from Libra and Avatar, Battle Clerics / Monks are kind of "meh".

There's a lot of tricks and catchs with making Lissa a War Cleric:

The first one is that while Lissa has a surprisingly good Strength growth for a Magic User, her low base at said stat makes her a bit RNG-finicky.

The second one is that true point of the War Clergy is actually is to be capable of taking hits and surviving when healing in the frontlines, so care a bit less for their offensive (Strength and Axe Rank) and a bit more for their defensive stats (HP, Speed and Defense).

The third one is that the game actually hands out the tools to make Lissa and Maribelle into viable offensive War Clerics: intead of promoting them directly from Cleric/Troubadour, reclass them (early) as Pegasus Knights. Both Pegasus and Falcon Knights seem to share the same Strength Growth as War Clerics, so there's at least 20~30 extra levels where you can train their strength into something more acceptable to reclass from.

Of course, taking in account reclassing, the best axe-wielding War Cleric of the first generation would actually be Cherche (regardless of how mediocre she'd be with Staves).

Edited by AstraSage

I don't care about efficiency. Just the hilarity factor is enough for me.

Ewww Japanese voices! D:

War Cleric is cool, but in my second run, Lissa is gonna probably go Pegknight to Dark Flier because Galeforce is that awesome.

Ewww Japanese voices! D:

Ewww Japanese text.

I prefer the game that has the jokes and details not lost in localization. :P

Like how Chrom didn't know what the hell Tiki was talking about when they first met her when she was referring to the "Fire Emblem" which he knew by the name "Pedestal of Flames".

War Clerics are actually something I'd recommend doing after reclassing to a few other classes, preferably ones with a better strength growth. It's more of a question of WHEN you feel like doing it as I do recommend having a character become a War Cleric due to the Renewal skill. Plus it's just amusing as hell seeing a girl like Lissa swing around an ax like it was a toothpick

Edited by Aiddon

So, somehow my Lissa has 9STR at LV20 Cleric. Is it worth going War Cleric at this point?

On Normal; War Cleric or Falcoknight is good.

But on the hard and lunatic settings, she's better of being a Valkyrie for her better Speed, Luck, and Mag.

Making her into a war cleric was totally worth it. Turned out she could hold her own when she wasnt healing. Can't say the same for Maribelle though =_=

Maribelle's not so good str doesn't make her a lovely great canidate for it. Make her a Valkyrie and she'll be a moving laser tank. <3

3/4 game spoiler

(Thoron looks like Independance day. Dark Pegs with Thoron looking like UFO's in the process.).

Of course, taking in account reclassing, the best axe-wielding War Cleric of the first generation would actually be Cherche (regardless of how mediocre she'd be with Staves).

I shall try that in my next run. >=)

She needs to go war cleric to show people she's not delicate!

I actually did that in my first run because of that. =D

I prefer a game to be in my native language, thanks.

I only want to seek the truth to these games that Nintendo often leaves out of our copies. Plus Japanese will be second nature soon enough with enough studying.

War Clerics are actually something I'd recommend doing after reclassing to a few other classes, preferably ones with a better strength growth. It's more of a question of WHEN you feel like doing it as I do recommend having a character become a War Cleric due to the Renewal skill. Plus it's just amusing as hell seeing a girl like Lissa swing around an ax like it was a toothpick

Especially with all dat iron she wears beneath her dress. xP

Renewal is actually alot more considerable on Cherche.

Edited by Katarina

Sage is just better all around.

If you go War Cleric, do it for Renew, and that's it. Get in, get out.

Also, tip on Sage and Healing throughput.

Tomefaire, Valflame.

That's 10 Magic.

Guess what? That's 10 Magic that is ADDED to Staves.

You don't unequip your weapons to heal. Sage has upwards of 16 MAG over War Cleric. That's 8 on the range of Physic and healing output. It's a lot better.

Also, Thoron is back to it's FE4 "Lightning Laser" form.

Edited by Airship Canon