Streetpass glitched?

someonewhodied

I have a bunch of friends with the digital version of the game and one friend with the physical copy.

We all have streetpass activated, but everyone only ever gets the team from the person with the physical copy. When I streetpass someone with the digital game, the team that appears is a randomly generated team. And when a physical copy streetpasses my digital version, the team on his game is randomly generated, the team I get is his team.

I do have streetpass activated (Settings>data management>streetpass, FE:A appears there)

any ideas what the issue is?

If anyone here who has successfully (or unsuccessfully) streetpassed can answer a few questions we might be able to pinpoint the problem since many people seem to consistently have issues while others are fine. I'm interested in this as well but don't have another 3DS or friend with FE:A to test my streetpass on.

Do you leave the game on while in sleep mode when streetpassing? Or do you exit to Home then, put it on sleep mode?

Do you even put it on sleep mode at all? If you don't, once again do you leave the FE:A game on or leave to the main menu?

I just leave FE:A on the entire time in sleep mode and when I get a streetpass, I play through a skirmish to refresh the map.

And I do get one of my friend's teams consistently, but he doesn't get mine. No one else seems to get mine either.

Edited by someonewhodied

I just leave FE:A on the entire time in sleep mode and when I get a streetpass, I play through a skirmish to refresh the map.

And I do get one of my friend's teams consistently, but he doesn't get mine. No one else seems to get mine either.

After setting up your streetpass team try exiting to the main menu instead, putting your 3DS on sleep mode and then go near your friends, and see if that makes any difference since streetpass for FE:A supposedly still works when not ingame. Also see if you still get the team from your friend consistently. Report your findings back here!

On the home menu... the top right does have that green streetpass bar icon thingy for the wireless appearing occasionally, right?

Yeah he gets my streetpass in all other titles, but for some reason, the team that appears instead of mine in FEA is a randomly generated one. I know for sure my character is not named "owend" or "rejeck"

I'm having this same issue. My brother and i have both completed the game on the same difficulty and on casual. I've received my brother's streetpass team successfully when his team was still weak and he would keep receiving a random team from me. After he got his team's levels to around my team's, i keep receiving random streetpass teams from him as well. Maybe there is a glitch and when your MU learns certain skills or when his/her stats reach a certain point, it causes an error in streetpassing so the other person's Fire Emblem registers a random team. Just a thought. I hope someone can bring light to this issue soon.

I'm having this same issue. My brother and i have both completed the game on the same difficulty and on casual. I've received my brother's streetpass team successfully when his team was still weak and he would keep receiving a random team from me. After he got his team's levels to around my team's, i keep receiving random streetpass teams from him as well. Maybe there is a glitch and when your MU learns certain skills or when his/her stats reach a certain point, it causes an error in streetpassing so the other person's Fire Emblem registers a random team. Just a thought. I hope someone can bring light to this issue soon.

At least with stats, that's not the case.

FamiryStreetpass1.png

My friends have had no problems whatsoever receiving this team:

FamiryStreetpass2.png

My friends have had no problems whatsoever receiving this team:

Huh, you can streetpass with other localized versions of the game? Neat. Oh, no, wait, you're seriously implying you've done that much grinding on the English version already... x.x

Edited by zahlman

@shadowofchaos

How do you typically streetpass? Do you exit to the Home Menu before putting your 3DS on sleep mode or vice versa? Does it not matter for you whether you exit the game or not? If people can try to simulate the same steps like you perhaps it'll help?

It's important that everyone knows exactly what they do when they try to Sortie, and try doing something different and seeing the result.

Even small things such as how you sortie your team, can have an impact. For example, there are a few ways to sortie your team:

1) You can simply press A over the big "Sortie" button in the Streetpass Team menu.

2) If you press B in an attempt to exit the Streetpass Team menu, the game asks you whether you want to sortie the current team anyways. You can press Yes to allow it.

3) The Start Button serves as a shortcut for Sortie.

It might be possible there's a bug or something with one of the ways you sortie. For example sortieing by pressing B to exit the menu might not actually work.

It might sound silly to consider such small things, but my experience with debugging has taught me even the most minor things, such as the order of lines of code can have a huge impact. Of course, in the end it may also be a hardware/software issues unrelated to the game/game cartridge itself. But pinpointing problems without the help of the developers tends to be like this, trials and tests.

Don't forget that there is already a weird bug involving the language voice changing option for this game (Japanese voices reset to English every time the game loads, with the exception of cut scenes). So I wouldn't be surprised if one of the buttons for confirming sortie doesn't actually work.

@shadowofchaos

How do you typically streetpass? Do you exit to the Home Menu before putting your 3DS on sleep mode or vice versa? Does it not matter for you whether you exit the game or not? If people can try to simulate the same steps like you perhaps it'll help?

It's important that everyone knows exactly what they do when they try to Sortie, and try doing something different and seeing the result.

Even small things such as how you sortie your team, can have an impact. For example, there are a few ways to sortie your team:

1) You can simply press A over the big "Sortie" button in the Streetpass Team menu.

2) If you press B in an attempt to exit the Streetpass Team menu, the game asks you whether you want to sortie the current team anyways. You can press Yes to allow it.

3) The Start Button serves as a shortcut for Sortie.

It might be possible there's a bug or something with one of the ways you sortie. For example sortieing by pressing B to exit the menu might not actually work.

It might sound silly to consider such small things, but my experience with debugging has taught me even the most minor things, such as the order of lines of code can have a huge impact. Of course, in the end it may also be a hardware/software issues unrelated to the game/game cartridge itself. But pinpointing problems without the help of the developers tends to be like this, trials and tests.

Don't forget that there is already a weird bug involving the language voice changing option for this game (Japanese voices reset to English every time the game loads, with the exception of cut scenes). So I wouldn't be surprised if one of the buttons for confirming sortie doesn't actually work.

I just close my 3DS. Sometimes I press the power button and then close it (which gets me to the home menu) and there hasn't been any failures in streetpassing.

I don't press start to sortie.

I think i've figured it out. When you go to "select units" before selecting "sortie", you will see your characters arrange in a certain order. I tried deselecting other characters until MU is in the upper left corner. It left me with only one other character on my team, but when i streetpassed my data, my brother received my team successfully for the first time after days of trying. I believe if your character isn't in that specific slot, it will cause an error and randomly generate a team. To be sure of this, i will now summon a unit to the map and select units for that battle with MU being the first unit. I will then save game and exit the battle to go back into streetpass and select units. MU should now permanently be the first unit in the upper left corner when i select other units to make up a full team of 10. Sortie is then selected. Next i wait for streetpass data to be sent with my brother. We both followed these procedures and if we are to received each other's team successfully then we have found our issue.

Spotpass characters on your streetpass team should not affect that.

Actually, my brother and i have both removed spotpass characters from our team and we were both able to receive each other's team successfully. We have found the issue. Spotpass characters cause a glitch. Once i removed Eliwood and Jaffar, my brother stopped receiving randomly generated teams from me.

It wouldn't be a bug, more like some people may not have downloaded characters. So when you streetpass with people and have dlc chars it is only natural that there's a failsafe to make sure it doesn't crash the receiving person's game. Makes a lot of sense actually