Year of Luigi!

Anacybele

Yeah, YEAR OF LUIGI, PEEPS!

We got plenty of our favorite green plumber today, didn't we? I've always loved Luigi more than any other Nintendo character (besides Ike from FE, who is also a number one fav), and I'm SO glad to see him finally getting the attention he deserves!

I'm even interested in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team just cause of the Luigi-ness, and I've never been a real fan of Mario RPGs. But I'm especially excited for Super Luigi U and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon! I'm also interested in Mario Golf World Tour since I loved Mario Golf 64 back in the day (but missed out on Toadstool Tour for GC, sadly, as well as the Wii game. I just never could get around to finding them).

Let's all talk about Luigi's year and all these games here! BRING ON THE LUIGI! ^^

This reminds me, I gotta get the online on my Wii U working so I can get that Super Luigi U. Aaaaah! xP

Year of Luigi, huh?

I think Luigi's alright, but personally I'd be more psyched for a Year of Wario. I absolutely loved Wario Land 3 and 4, and the WarioWare series has been really fun as well. :P

Back on topic, the games showed for Luigi during the conference look pretty good, but I probably won't get them since I don't have money for much games and already have a ton that I want. But if I do get one, it'll be Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. I had read that the original Luigi's Mansion was designed with 3D compatibility, but that it was eventually disabled and unsupported because the cost of 3D software back in the early part of the 2000's would have been too expensive for consumers back then, so we may be able to see some old features and ideas that were left out of the original in this new one!

I don't have a Wii U, and I probably won't for a few years since my family is tight on money and I am a simple unemployed college student, and considering I don't have the money for all the 3DS games I currently want, not to mention all the Dreamcast and PC games I want as well.....yeah, it'll be a while. So unfortunately I'll be missing out on New Super Mario Bros. Wii U for a few years, and in turn Super Luigi Bros. Wii U as well. :(

Wait, you haven't played the Mario & Luigi RPGs???

You've got to be kidding me.

They're HILARIOUS!!!

Super Star Saga was good.

Partner's in Time is... I can't really say. I'm still playing it.

Bowser's Inside Story was great, too.

I like SSS the best, though... (Nostalgia, maybe?)

I can't wait for Luigi's Mansion and Dream Team!!!

The sports games...? No. I don't like sports games.

I've been looking forward to a sequel to Luigi's mansion for years. This is truly awesome news. The original was a great parody of the survival horror genre, so I have very high hopes for this. Given that there's multiple mansions to explore in this game, I'm expecting Toad to say something like, "Thank you Luigi! But your brother is in another mansion!" gee_wiz_emoticon.gif The Mario and Luigi games have always been stellar in my opinion, and this shouldn't be an exception. I'm not expecting Fawful to return as the villain, but I'm still looking forward to this as well as Super Luigi U. It's great that Luigi's getting the attention he deserves and isn't living in the shadow of his brother. On a side note, I would have loved to see some spinoffs based on some of the other characters as well. Another Yoshi's Island/ Yoshi's story game perhaps, or even a sequel to Super Princess Peach.

I said I wasn't a big fan of Mario RPGs, not that I never played any. How can I not like a game I haven't played anyway? xP I've played Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story. They're pretty alright, but I still don't like the turn system in Mario RPGs.

And FiresparkFaerie, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon was actually first announced two E3s ago under the title Luigi's Mansion 2. lol

I (finally)glad that they did SOMETHING (else other than Luigi's Mansion; although, it's probably my favorite Mario franchise game)for Luigi.

He's my... something or other favoritest (that's not a word XD)Nintendo character (Fire Emblem holds the top... 15? XD)

I've never been the biggest Mario game fan, but now I'm excited for these cause it's Luigi.

I'll definitely be trying out all these games (at some point).

• 1 month later...

I hope this doesn't count as necro-ing the thread, but since a one month break sounds too short to make a new thread, I'll just post it here.

Shigeru Miyamoto (the man who created many Nintendo franchises and characters including Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, F-Zero, Star Fox, and Pikmin) went to New York to visit some fellow Nintendo staff and fans to celebrate the Year of Luigi. The Miiverse also has a new community dedicated to celebrating the Year of Luigi.

45569_434370293314096_838958551_n.jpg

734075_434370286647430_1596819898_n.jpg

208926_434370316647427_1449094589_n.jpg

525139_434370319980760_1259553495_n.jpg

658_434371103314015_229337738_n.jpg