Pick My Unit playthrough

Lanko

How about a Pick My Unit run ?

I finished the game twice, in Normal and Hard Mode, and guess i will do a Pick My Unit run for this game for a different pace. Never played one, but this game is so fun i will get it a go!

This game is so versatile, i made some rules. Since characters can be a ton of classes, i think this needs to be explored in this run since it's one of the game's trademarks.

I don't know if there is any rules already for this, so i made my own :

- Will be played on Hard Mode.

- 12 characters, Chrom and Avatar will be used, so you can choose other 10.

- Choose the promoted class the character will end the game. Avatar will be a Grandmaster for this run.

- You may choose to give a reclass to the character, even for the same class they originally come, but they will only reclass once. So only reclass if their tier 1 class matches their chosen promoted one.

- If a character doesn't get a reclass, they will promote when they can.

- Reclassing only valid for tier 1 classes.

Examples : ''I choose Great Lord Chrom!'', so he will promote from Lord already.

Lord --> Great Lord

''Use Paladin Chrom!'', he needs an obrigatory reclass to Cavalier.

Lord --> Cavalier --> Paladin

''Great Lord Chrom, but reclass him again to Lord before promoting''.

Lord --> Lord --> Great Lord

- Pre-promoted characters MUST reclass to a tier 1 class, even if you choose their original promoted class.

- In the case of promotions like Great Knight, which can be acessed via Knight or Cavalier, specify.

- If you choose Taguel or Manakete, i may reclass them back to level 1 if they reach max level too early.

- I may use Anna or Gaius to open chests if character slots are available. They will be unequipped if they are not chosen.

- I guess one of Basilio or Flavia could be chosen and an exception to reclass to an already promoted one, but they come so late and for this run i will leave them out of the choices...

- Endgame SpotPass sidequest characters are also out.

- For this run, ONE of the children MAY be chosen, and if that happens their mother will be automatically included among the 10 as well.

- In the case of Lucina, one of the four possible mothers needs to be chosen.

- Children are a bit complicated, because you may want a class that will need a certain father...so for this run, if you choose a children, their chosen promoted class must be already included in their class set or from their mother's.

- Second Seals will mostly rely on luck from merchants until you can buy them regularly...so characters will receive an order priority to reclass :

- Highest level. If tied, most amount of EXP in the EXP bar. If still tied, the one with highest Rating. If all that is tied, i will choose.

- No Skirmishes, No DLC, no SpotPass shops, no Renown awards.

- Items from the Barracks and Event Tiles are allowed.

- Sidequests are allowed, including the SpotPass endgame ones. Children sidequests will only be played if their mothers are on the team and are able to reach S support with characters on the team.

Ex : A team with 8 females and 4 males will net 4 sidequests.

- Speaking of which, i will choose the pairings.

- I will try to refrain using Frederick and maybe Lissa early game as much as i can afford.

I think that's it ? Hope didn't forgot anything gamebreaking and really hope i'm not shooting myself in the feet with the reclass thing haha. So let's play it!

I may post screenshots but if i do they will be cellphone ones with not much quality...

1 - Chrom --> Lord --> Great Lord --> Paladin

2 - Avatar --> Tactician --> Grandmaster (*in the case he maxes level too early, depending on choices)

3 - Lucina --> Lord --> Lord --> Great Lord

4 - Olivia --> Dancer

5 - Tharja --> Dark Mage --> Knight --> General

6 - Stahl --> Cavalier --> Myrmidon --> Swordmaster

7 - Frederick --> Great Knight --> Wyvern Rider --> Wyvern Lord

8 - Say'ri --> Swordmaster --> Pegasus Knight --> Dark Flier

9 - Lon'qu --> Myrmidon --> Thief --> Assassin

10 - Gregor --> Mercenary --> Barbarian --> Berserker

11 - Henry --> Dark Mage --> Sorcerer

12 -Inigo --> Mercenary --> Barbarian --> Berserker

Edited by Lanko

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say use Lucina for sure.

Make her a Lord -> Great Lord. I think reclass her to Lord first for stats though.

As for her mother...Olivia!

EDIT: Oops, sorry, didn't see you were choosing the pairings, disregard the last part.

Edited by Swift sword

The only pair i don't choose are Lucina's parents =p so Olivia is in.

Oh, great! XD Ah, as for her class...hmm. Difficult. I guess keep her as a Dancer? My only experience with her is through numerous reclasses, so I'm not so sure how good she stays that way. I'll defer to someone else's better judgement there.

Just use inigo he's already available at this point. Not sure if we can chose twice.

I would, but i chose to only give the children one spot and that was taken by Lucina.

The idea of this limitation is since the children need a specific mother, she needed to be played as well and if someone wanted the kid with a class only available through a specific father, they would end up picking 3 characters at once.

Even tough Inigo is the second children of paired Chrom...hm...didn't thought about that possibility.

Edited by Lanko

No the point for the great lord part is to get him to level 15 get rightful king then reclass him to a paladin. By the try making this into a play log since you can do video or screenshot. Seems like a fun team.

Since nobody's had any ideas for two hours just go with inigo. You already said the reason you wanted one child character was because of the whole only want to make one mother neccesary. Which Olivia already is. Just imagine how broken that family would be.