What's up with Marth fighting at Regna Ferox? (major spoilers)

darkkfan

The same way we as players knew she's a woman even before the game was out?

Nintendo Dream's comic's explanation:[spoiler=Nintnedo Dream comic; read left-to-right]comic.jpg

Can somebody tell me what it's saying? I can't read japanese lol

middle: Fast!

right top: Y-you... can't be... (literally, "Y-you... by chance...")

right bottom: Now!! (literally, "There's a gap!!" where the gap in question is his weakness)

All other text not in dialog bubbles are sound effects.

...See, that's why I'm not big on translating stuff myself. Rewrite it to make it fit in English and the original, literal meaning may be lost.

Marth: "He's fast!"

Lon'qu: "Y-you... don't tell me..."

Marth: "An opening!!"

*crash sound*

If I'm reading it right (hard to see the last panel, and I'm at work so I don't have my normal dictionary on me).

*edit* Gah, ninja'd trying to read the kanji in the last panel.

Edited by GinRei

So I'm on my second playthrough and the part where lucina is fighting for basilio as khan. Having beat the game before, I don't really recall any explanation for why Lucina would be doing this. Does it have something to do with Basilio's death? Maybe there was an explanation and I just missed it, but this game seems to leave a lot of loose ends like that (I guess time travel will do that to a game) although some of the time travel stuff is explained really well, other parts they just kind of glossed over.

Might have been for personal reasons. Being Basilio's champion gave her an opportunity to test her skill against her father.

Or perhaps she was trying to prevent Chrom from winning. Preventing Ylisse from getting Feroxian support might have altered the course of events

Or it might be for other reasons. Basilio mentioned that "Marth" was a sellsword. So maybe Lucina was just trying to survive. She's human after all, person's gotta eat, stay warm, etc. And what better way to do that than be the top fighter for a nation's ruler?