Etrian Odyssey IV

Xeroix

Well I have the Japanese art books for the first three games, three of the four Wave figurines because the Gunner girl is hard as hell to find anywhere and she's usually overpriced and other EO related things and I still want more.

I forget when EO4 is released. I THINK it's tomorrow?

If so I'll be getting it in the mail so I can look at it while I lament the fact that I lack a 3DS.

Whooo yeah, Etrian Odyssey. I only have the first and third games, could never find the second. I have plans to get the fourth game, I have my team prepped and ready in the demo.

Anyone you meet that says they like this series on this board is lying. :P:

Can't wait for it, but I live in a place where releases are delayed a bit. My poor 3DS~!

I should get around to defeating the 6th strat boss in EO3...

Can't say I've beaten the game until I do that.

I have some ideas for my EO4 party. I'm gonna use a Mystic for sure because they are funky people.

Anyone you meet that says they like this series on this board is lying. :P:

I LOVE DUNGEON CRAWLERS!

Goes off to play more Elminage ignoring his EO3 run

I haven't been keeping up with EO4 news, but what new funky features are being added to this installment?

I've only played the 3rd game. It was quite the arduous adventure but I did have a good time. Will be sure to pick this up when/if it arrives in Aus.

ihopesoihopesoihopesoihopesoihopesoihopesoihopesoihopesoihopesoihopesoihopesoihopeso

ihopesoihopesoihopesoihopesoihopesoihopesoihopesoihopesoihopesoihopesoireallyreallyhopeso

read as: I've heard absolutely nothing about EO4 being released in australia and it sucks (we got the first one for whatever reason but not the second of third, but I imported those two)

i don't even know if europe is getting it because we can import from europe and it'll still work because of the region lock mechanics

Europe was confirmed to be getting EO4 this Spring (I don't remember if I've seen an estimated date), I'd assume Australia will get their hands on the game eventually too.

I've had quite fun with the demo, I'll be downloading the full game as soon as I get a new SD card. =)

I played the first three games a while back and enjoyed them. They presented quite the challenge, but despite feeling overwhelmed I found them to be great games. I'll probably pick up the fourth one at some point after I finish with Awakening. From what I've seen of it, the graphics look amazing.

I just bought my copy today and a friend of mine who isn't really into rpgs or old school games suddenly says i might try this while i said see this is why you play a game before u criticize them

anyway i didn't pre order it and i still got a full game with Bonus CD and yes I'm still having trouble of what classes to use

All first copies or something of EO4 have the soundtrack.

My copy arrived today too.

*stares at it*

Oh yeah. The plastic case is inside a box and the booklet with some artwork has the CD.

It's nifty. Especially the EO4 comic. I feel bad for the EO1-3 characters that didn't make the cut.

Edited by Ein

All first copies or something of EO4 have the soundtrack.

My copy arrived today too.

*stares at it*

Oh yeah. The plastic case is inside a box and the booklet with some artwork has the CD.

It's nifty. Especially the EO4 comic. I feel bad for the EO1-3 characters that didn't make the cut.

I was hoping Zodiac to be in EQ4

Europe was confirmed to be getting EO4 this Spring (I don't remember if I've seen an estimated date), I'd assume Australia will get their hands on the game eventually too.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Just bought the game today and I'm loving it. It would be nice if your own characters as well as NPCs were just as animated as the monsters and not static images, but that's not a big deal. I was hoping to see some of the EO3 classes making a return (I especially loved the Prince/Princess and Farmer classes), but at the same time I'm not missing them terribly. My dungeon crawling desires are most happily satisfied.

I decided to do with a well-rounded party, not favoring offense or defense, though I may rearrange things as I unlock the later classes. My Runemaster seems pretty weak right now, but if RPGs say anything about mage-types, she'll become the most powerful member of my party later. I noticed that sublcassing is back, though like the last game it's unlocked later and I'm not that far yet (I just started). I've given it some thought however.

My guild consists of the following five members presently. You can see the naming scheme. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Ariel - Landsknecht / Nightseeker

Rapunzel - Fortress / Medic

Jasmine - Dancer / Bushi

Aurora - Medic / Runemaster

Belle - Runemaster / Arcanist

I'm currently doing a run, and my naming scheme is bananas, as usual.

Guild name: Grocery

Ship name: Basket inb4modforbadpun

Members:

Olive - Landesk. . .screw it, the thing that has shields and isn't a Fortress

Tomato - Dancer

---

Potato - Sniper

Eggplant - Medic

Celery - Runemaster

[spoiler=Pertinent battle thoughts]Tomato's job is to hand out buffs. Olive whomps stuff with her shield, which makes a lot of the more painful early monsters (Angry Baboons) manageable. Potato's Arm/Leg binding also helps a lot (go tell the Furyfawns to bite me). Eggplant's role is self-explanatory, and group heal after battle is awesome. Celery blasts elemental weaknesses, including those frogs that are weak to everything.

It's an extremely squishy team, but I like it. Olive's so going to subclass into Fortress for my tanking needs.

Did they change the Landskecht's class name? >_>

Any way.

I have the following in mind for my starting party who have the best names.

Guild Seraphim as always.

Front row:

Landskecht Ein

Fortress Kreutz

Back row:

Medic Soma

Sniper Zwei

Runemaster Drop

This will most likely change depending on what kind of parties fair the best in post game. -_-

No, they didn't. I'm just lazy. :P:

This game has a good mix of "OMG WHATARETHEYTHROWINGATME?!" and "Wow, that's a really cool idea." Currently in an area that scares the pants off of me.

USA has this and FE:Awakening. So jelly...

At least Luigi will be punctual in his arrival to PAL territories. Oh-yeah! itsame.gif

I'm currently doing a run, and my naming scheme is bananas, as usual.

Guild name: Grocery

Ship name: Basket inb4modforbadpun

Members:

Olive - Landesk. . .screw it, the thing that has shields and isn't a Fortress

Tomato - Dancer

---

Potato - Sniper

Eggplant - Medic

Celery - Runemaster

Love the names! Reminds me of the forges I make for Sothe in FE10, he was battling with a Tomato Knife and Cheese Knife. sweatdrop.gif

As for names, I will try to select classes and names based on my RL friends. Unfortunately that won't be enough to fill 5 slots...

QUESTION

can a demo save be transferred intact to the full game?

If by intact you mean your party and items and map data and progress then yes, to whichever version of the game you got (physical or digital).