General Fire Emblem fanart: what is hotlink???

Thunderfox

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Fredster

[spoiler=Large Image]

aZa9CNp.jpg

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=48013814

Freddy is so cute smiling like that! <3

Artist gave him weird fingers though. xP But I always love good Freddy art. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

yes it's altena and areone, minerva has short hair, michalis has red hair, and the page says they are altenna and aerone according to google translate

I get the confusion though, fire emblem can be so reductive sometimes (also altena also has brown hair in the game lol)

Edited by Axie

Um... isn't that Altenna and Arione from FE4/FE5?

Your right, my bad, I always get hung up on the armor (or coat in this case), which look similar, so my bad. anyway fixed the names... Even though I wonder how I could mess up that. Well, that happens.

Edit: somehow managed to write "fixed" wrong.

Edited by that one person

I've been working on making some labels for repro carts of the english translations of Mystery of the Emblem and Thracia 776 for the SNES. But I can't seem to find comparable artwork for Genealogy. I guess there's no remake of that one, so there wouldn't be art like this for it, but does anyone have anything similar that I can use? Or have a nice background I can slap the characters onto to make my own?

[spoiler=the labels I've made so far]

fireemblemlabel_zps39879c3d.png

fireemblemthracialabel1_zps7917da04.jpg

I've been working on making some labels for repro carts of the english translations of Mystery of the Emblem and Thracia 776 for the SNES. But I can't seem to find comparable artwork for Genealogy. I guess there's no remake of that one, so there wouldn't be art like this for it, but does anyone have anything similar that I can use? Or have a nice background I can slap the characters onto to make my own?

[spoiler=the labels I've made so far]

fireemblemlabel_zps39879c3d.png

fireemblemthracialabel1_zps7917da04.jpg

Lower one is from Binding Blade (or sword of seals) (Fe6), and no there is no remake of Genealogy, so far the only remade games are Fe 1 & 3.

Edited by that one person

Yeah, that's Roy, the protagonist of FE5, The Binding Blade hahaha.

While using New Mystery of the Emblem's art isn't a bad idea, be aware that that art contains characters that are exclusive to the remake.

Also, I really think you should change the font for the subtitles, as Mystery of the Emblem is hard to read, and the blue is honestly too saturated.

EDIT: one more thing, the current FE5 translation patch is kinda terrible, the storage menu is still a garbled mess, and there are units with corrupted names in a chapter or two that cause the game to freeze. Just letting you know the current translation has pretty big issues. Honestly, FE5 isn't really worth putting on a reproduction cart, in my opinion.

The main reason I'm assuming you don't know this is that if you didn't realize Roy wasn't in FE5, then I'm assuming you haven't played FE5. No offense. I haven't played the FE3 translation so I don't know much about that one.

Edited by L95

I've only played Mystery of the Emblem in English and it's pretty good, didn't see too many mistakes or bugs or anything (but I wasn't trying to break the game, LOL). I had heard that one or both of Thracia and Genealogy were not finished, but then again, I have seen them for sale as repro carts, so I figured my info on that was out-of-date. Guess I shouldn't assume! I think b/c Leif looks like he has red hair (sort of) in the Thracia box art that I assumed it was the same person as Roy. Sorry! Besides Mystery, I have played the two GBA games that came out in the U.S. and Path of Radiance, and that's it. (I never even beat Sacred Stones or Radiance.) I should really go back and play some more FE. XD

You're welcome.

If you need art in the future, Serenes forest has a lot of official art in the respective game sections.

(Here is Thracia's artwork)

(There are still some nice official pieces you can use, I like these two, or of course the actual box art, which was posted earlier.)

And yeah, I'd like to see the updated ones when you finish them :D

Edited by L95

I really like the third one you posted (under the link "two") but if I used it, I'd want to put something in the background. I'm probably just going to change the Monshou no Nazo one as well since it's from the remake. I think if I can find some good backgrounds, I can make some pretty nice labels out of em. I did see the link to official art in the Game section, but most of it wouldn't work for a label unless I did a ton of work on it - which I would if I had something like Photoshop on my computer. Funny enough, I used "Preview" to edit those two labels, which is why they're a bit pixely around the letters (and thus need to be cleaned up a bit). The magic wand tool in Preview is pretty primitive compared to the one in Photoshop (or most photo editing software).

That Altenna art is fantastic.

It always made me a littlle sad that Julius died. From what I remember seeing somewhere, he was a pretty nice kid before he got possessed by Lopto.

Also, is it just me or Leen is rather chesty in that pic. Regardless, it's gorgeous.

That Altenna art is fantastic.

It always made me a littlle sad that Julius died. From what I remember seeing somewhere, he was a pretty nice kid before he got possessed by Lopto.

Also, is it just me or Leen is rather chesty in that pic. Regardless, it's gorgeous.

Leen's pretty busty in FE Treasure too. Actually, all the girls are pretty busty in FE Treasure.

Anyways, images.

Ishtar:

[spoiler=Large]

s27alw5.jpg

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=48096319

Lucina with a Falchion that apparently went Super Saiyan

ikw2QsY.jpg

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=48076126