I got Tales of Symphonia

sunshineYON

This game is indeed awesomtastic. I'm already addicted to its battle system.

my only complaint is the voice acting, they sound more like kid's out to play than warriors.

I wish there were a japanese audio selection...

my only complaint is the voice acting, they sound more like kid's out to play than warriors.

This is a shock comming from me but, I actually like the english voice actors. Although in japanese there are some characters who are better (Colette Genis Zelos and Presea) yeah I have the PS2 japanese version. It just has some few new tweaks in it but at a lower frame rate since its PS2.

Tales of Symphonia is the best game ever.

I'm not a connesieur of the battle system, but the plot, characterization and interaction is enough to give this game the tittle of best game evar.

Interesting. It's the exact other way around for me. Tales characters tend to be dumb.

This is a shock comming from me but, I actually like the english voice actors. Although in japanese there are some characters who are better (Colette Genis Zelos and Presea) yeah I have the PS2 japanese version. It just has some few new tweaks in it but at a lower frame rate since its PS2.

All the Tales games have pretty significant voice actors, especially Symphonia.

Lloyd = Robin from Teen Titans

Collette = Ducky from the first few "Land Before Time" movies

Genis = random voices in cartoons and video games for the past decade or so

Raine = Haruko from FLCL

Sheena = various voices in cartoons and video games spanning back to 1988, including the Black Cat from the late 90s Spiderman cartoon

Presea = Bubbles from Powerpuff Girls, Rikku from FF10, etc.

Kratos = Leonardo from the oldschool Ninja Turtles cartoon, the male Blood Elf voice in World of Warcraft, etc.

I'm a voice acting nerd. :D

Can someone clear up what Long Range mode is? I got some tablets of that, but never understood what it did.

I asked this question a page ago, but it was never answered. Let's try again...

how do I activate it and what is its significance?

Long range mode is when you ride on Lloyd's pet dawg. It lets you see more. It lets you go faster. That's all.

Also enemies only move if you move in long range mode.

Edited by BACON

If you want a REALLY awesome game, get Riviera: The Promised Land. It's one of the greatest games ever.

The Ironical thing that Tales FANs think Symphonia is the FF7 is Tales Series... super Overrated...

For me is the second Best Tales till Now... just lose to Destiny :)

------------------------

@Hello

I agree I love this game... Some Atlus RPGs can become truly Epic.

Edited by Gemini-Saga

Holy shit! The treasure chest monster is freakin tough!!

Magic does more damage than physical attacks. Physical attacks only do 0-3 damage to it I believe.

If you want a REALLY awesome game, get Riviera: The Promised Land. It's one of the greatest games ever.

Mn, Riviera is a great game but personally I prefer Tales of Symphonia.

The Ironical thing that Tales FANs think Symphonia is the FF7 is Tales Series... super Overrated...

For me is the second Best Tales till Now... just lose to Destiny :)

------------------------

@Hello

I agree I love this game... Some Atlus RPGs can become truly Epic.

It's the only one that I've played. Although I wanna play some others. Tales of Abyss is gonna be next.

As for the Atlus RPGs bit, you certainly know what you're talking about.

My ex is obsessed with Cam Clarke. XD

EDIT: Simca, press the 'X' button to go into Long Range mode.

Edited by Zanryu

I figured it out a while ago

thanks anyway

apparently you have to talk to the guy who says "meow" alot and have him make you a map before you can activate long range mode.

My ex is obsessed with Cam Clarke. XD

I am totally gay for Cam Clarke. He's my favorite voice actor. Something I've noticed about Bioware RPGs is that the voicesets that were voiced by him (it's always uncredited but I can pick them out if you let me hear them) tend to be the ones that end up getting used the most.

It's kind of weird.

I am totally gay for Cam Clarke.

This sentence alone would make my ex adore you. However, my ex is underage, and you aren't. So har har. ;D

Is the OAV any good?

My ex loved it. I haven't watched much though. And what I did, all I remember of it is Lloyd going all Tiger Blade on someone's ass.

Aww, man. I was totally gonna try to get you to hook me up.

Oh well. Cougars are where it's at. :3

Would be easier if you wouldn't get arrested, she wasn't with someone and I wasn't trying with everything I am to get her back. D:

But in all seriousness, I need ToS2, because all this ToS talk makes me want to play ToS again, but I'm too lazy. T-T

I'm actually trying to get my copy of Tales of the Abyss back from a friend who I let borrow it then the fucking idiot took it over to his stoner friend's house and now it's probably lost.

I want to play it again using different people under my control. :'(

I'm actually trying to get my copy of Tales of the Abyss back from a friend who I let borrow it then the fucking idiot took it over to his stoner friend's house and now it's probably lost.

I want to play it again using different people under my control. :'(

Heh, reminds me of my mistake of trading my PoR for Twilight Princess from my cousin... Not a fair trade at all I later found out.

Note: My cousin lives like a thousand miles away, he was visiting when we traded the goods.

I want to play it again using different people under my countrol. :angry:

Rofl. I let my friend Morgan borrow Twilight Princess about four months ago. She still has it. D:

And I let DJ borrow my THUG2 summer before last. I still want it back. D: