Imagine Yourself as a Parent

Sundus64

Now you're just being selfish xb First you try saying you're doing it because you care then you're going to call a human being (who would be your own kid) a waste of your time. I'm starting to wonder who you are truly thinking of when considering this...

Well yeah, would you really waste your youth and time stressing yourself, worrying on building a new human being just so they can serve society and carry on with that vicious cycle? And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying serving society is a bad thing- That's not my point. My point is, it seems kind of pointless and most likely not worth the burden unless you truly find someone you want to be with, otherwise the whole "I want to have children" wish sounds like something that is poorly thought of when you decide you want that.

If only your parents had the same attitude towards having children, before they had you...

C'mon man, even my own luck can go so far. :smug:

And did you really just bother editing a post that didn't even need a comma to get across your point.

just let him lie and the problem will solve itself

Yeah, keep thinking that. :smug:

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yeah, would you really waste your youth and time stressing yourself, worrying on building a new human being just so they can serve society and carry on with that vicious cycle? And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying serving society is a bad thing- That's not my point. My point is, it seems kind of pointless and most likely not worth the burden unless you truly find someone you want to be with, otherwise the whole "I want to have children" wish sounds like something that is poorly thought of when you decide you want that.

you're assuming you know why people would want to raise a child, saying raising a child is "wasting your youth" when that is completely subjective, and perhaps not even youth, you talk about a vicious cycle which would seem to imply that you have existential issues which would explain what you're saying but is irrelevant, and then you go on to say having a child is actually ok if you're with someone you love and are sure of your decision, which is mostly what people fucking talk about when they talk about having a child, not teen pregnancy or accidents.

tl;dr: pls no

te juro que entiendo que estes deprimido y porque pensas asi, yo estoy pasando por algo similar, pero por favor, no digas tantas pelotudeces con una actitud tan smug y como si supieras de lo que estas hablando

perdon, en serio, te considero mi amigo

la verdad no quiero discutir

Edited by Stolypin Necktie

That is indeed true, you're not exactly wasting you're youth if you decide to have children at say, 30s and above. Assuming you're financially stable at that time (have a house, car, steady job), you're all right.

Also, what exactly do you mean by "existential issues"?

and then you go on to say having a child is actually ok if you're with someone you love and are sure of your decision, which is mostly what people fucking talk about when they talk about having a child, not teen pregnancy or accidents.

Mmm...no, not really. People just throw around the idea of wanting to have children around reguardless of wether they've actually met someone or not, it happens often.

tl;dr: you're getting faggoter and faggoter

That's actually a compliment.

te juro que entiendo que estes deprimido y porque pensas asi, yo estoy pasando por algo similar, pero por favor, no digas tantas pelotudeces con una actitud tan smug y como si supieras de lo que estas hablando

perdon, en serio, te considero mi amigo

la verdad no quiero discutir

Aprecio mucho que sientas eso- Bah, aprecio que cualquiera llegue a sentir algo así hacia a mi...e_e

Pero no, no estoy deprimido ni nada, es solo una opinión muy polémica como las que siempre tengo. Tampoco que ando diciendo que tengo una fetiché por gente destripada ni nada. Es solo una opinión mía que admito que es algo pesimista y cerrada.

Edited by Soul

Yep.

Now go away before I turn this into a shitstorm. I trust you're smart enough to back away from a never-ending fray. Both of us know I'm not. :smug:

Edited by Soul

Yep.

Now go away before I turn this into a shitstorm. I trust you're smart enough to back away from a never-ending fray. Both of us know I'm not. :smug:

I get the feeling you want someone else to give you an excuse to turn this thread into a train wreck.

That's actually a compliment.

Why do people do that? >~< Inventing things just for the sake of making themselves look right always looks so desperate... And it's getting very very very old and overused

The main trend I'm seeing is you defending yourself and then saying "I like it better when I'm worse" but why defend yourself? If you wanted to look worse wouldn't you not defend yourself?

That's why I mostly am thinking that whenever you say it's a compliment and love agreeing that you're horrible, you're lying. You just want an excuse to look smug and think that you're right and that people waste time insulting you because "that's the way you want it, right?" And it's one of the reasons why I'm calling it "inventing"

It also gives you an excuse to be lazy with yourself...

Edited by Freohr Datia

Yep.

Soul why do you want to be That Guy

Why must you do this to us

ciclo vicioso implica que es un ciclo sin fin literal o final, en el sentido de que no tiene ningun sentido. calcar a el paso de las generaciones humanas, para ponertelo de una forma, de "ciclo vicioso" viene usualmente por una forma de pensar nihilista, "no hay punto," etc. lo que dijiste me llevo a pensar que quizas sos asi, pero supongo que no, sori

Why do people do that? >~< Inventing things just for the sake of making themselves look right always looks so desperate... And it's getting very very very old and overused

The main trend I'm seeing is you defending yourself and then saying "I like it better when I'm worse" but why defend yourself? If you wanted to look worse wouldn't you not defend yourself?

That's why I mostly am thinking that whenever you say it's a compliment and love agreeing that you're horrible, you're lying. You just want an excuse to look smug and think that you're right and that people waste time insulting you because "that's the way you want it, right?" And it's one of the reasons why I'm calling it "inventing"

It also gives you an excuse to be lazy with yourself...

Maybe you could start thinking, "gee, maybe he really does do this for fun and doesn't really mind purposely stating his controversial opinions reguardless of the big deal we'll make out of it". I don't know, this could just be me.

I never really "defended" myself. I fact, I am perfectly aware and pretty much aknowledge how "terrible" I am, but I find it funny personally.

Soul why do you want to be That Guy

Why must you do this to us

No, I am not The Guy. ;~;

Ironically I put The Guy as my FB cover picture:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wIMdAXdqzds/UHieyPOGfCI/AAAAAAAAAVw/hjRpSJVK3Lg/s1600/disturbed_by_Hitmanrulzs22.jpg

Edited by Soul

ciclo vicioso implica que es un ciclo sin fin literal o final, en el sentido de que no tiene ningun sentido. calcar a el paso de las generaciones humanas, para ponertelo de una forma, de "ciclo vicioso" viene usualmente por una forma de pensar nihilista, "no hay punto," etc. lo que dijiste me llevo a pensar que quizas sos asi, pero supongo que no, sori

Translated:

Hey mang you want taco

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Maybe you could start thinking, "gee, maybe he really does do this for fun and doesn't really mind purposely stating his controversial opinions reguardless of the big deal we'll make out of it". I don't know, this could just be me.

I never really "defended" myself. I fact, I am perfectly aware and pretty much aknowledge how "terrible" I am, but I find it funny personally.

Hmmmmm..... Maybe half the time~ Maybe less

Really? I think you are thinking of the wrong instances...

We say you're pessimistic and acting all emo-like, you defend yourself saying "no I'm being realistic and merciful actually"

We say your reasoning for not wanting a kid is pretty lame, you try defending your view by responding and explaining.

Oh maybe I just answered myself though... or found out how those times might have not been the same?

Edited by Freohr Datia

Oh yeah.

Me as a parent?

No.....

While I have a nice idea in my head that I'd be a good father with a loving wife whom I care for and love I just can't see that happening ever so I'd rather not have a child who I won't be able to raise well and for that matter become romantically involved with someone as romantic relationships seem so... I don't even know. My parents didn't really set a good example as to how parents should raise their kids and I doubt I'll ever fully recover from all the trauma I endured when growing up.

Or something. Eh....

Hmmmmm..... Maybe half the time~ Maybe less

Really? I think you are thinking of the wrong instances...

We say you're pessimistic and acting all emo-like, you defend yourself saying "no I'm being realistic and merciful actually"

We say your reasoning for not wanting a kid is pretty lame, you try defending your view by responding and explaining.

Oh maybe I just answered myself though... or found out how those times might have not been the same?

Yeah, I don't defend myself, I just defend my point of view.

Yeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh

I just wish you would stop hurting people though and taking it all as a big joke =< And throwing your friends away as if having them was a bad thing... and that you don't take emotions seriously... and etc.

Oh yeah.

Me as a parent?

No.....

While I have a nice idea in my head that I'd be a good father with a loving wife whom I care for and love I just can't see that happening ever so I'd rather not have a child who I won't be able to raise well and for that matter become romantically involved with someone as romantic relationships seem so... I don't even know. My parents didn't really set a good example as to how parents should raise their kids and I doubt I'll ever fully recover from all the trauma I endured when growing up.

Or something. Eh....

Cool points +5.

Soul and NinjaMonkey need to get a room.

I know I can't leave this world without leaving something behind, I just don't know when I should have a kid. I want to live long enough to see my grandchildren at least for 16-20 years, so I can pass down my wisdom, but if I have an early kid I don't know if I could support him. And I have to deal with my forever aloness first.