Optimizing my units

Jakkun

So I've become kinda obsessed with giving my units the best skills possible, but I'm not good at this sort of thing.

I guess I'll start by listing the Skills for Chrom and myself.

Chrom: (Great Lord)

Aether

Aegis

Luna

Rightful King

Dual Attack+

Mr. X (Male Grandmaster)

Ignis

Counter

Rally Spectrum

Solidarity

Veteran

Chrom seems fine, but I feel there's more I can do for my character to make him better.

Any skills or advice would be appreciated.

(And I would ask for child character advice, but they're complicated @_@)

Solidarity isn't really needed since it doesn't actually boost your avatar's stats. It boosts the stats of those next to him, but do you want him to be support or the primary? Veteran is good for lvling up, but not for keeping there during hard fights or streetpass. I'd say put in Lifegain. Sol or Renewal works wonders in streetpass keeping your units HP up. My grandmaster looks as follows:

Ignis

Pavis

Aegis

Sol

Rally Spectrum [tossing for limitbreaker when it comes out]

He has about a 50% chance ot halving any damage and healing it on his next attack. He has the ability to grant 28 rating to all units 3 tiles from him (potentially the whole team) for a turn and can potentially add nearly 20 damage to physical or magic attacks if Ignis goes off.

Chrom looks perfect with the Rightful King, Aether, Luna combo. (roughly 75% of the time he'll be negating 1/2 the enemy's def), Aegis because it's just that awesome. I threw on Dual Guard + since he already has an 80% to dual attack but only around 20% (normally) to guard... but whatever floats your boat there.

The only thing that I'm bummed about is that femme children can't inherit rightful king-- but Aether is more than powerful enough as a inherited skill.

EDIT:

characters who are paired with another count as both adjacent and not present. This means that Tenativity, Focus, Solidarity, Refresh, Anathema, Hex, Dual Guard+, Dual Guard+, Dual Support+, etc. all activate while the characters are paired as long as the other conditions for the skills are met while the character is either primary unit or supporting unit. This means that a character with a 60% crit rate in primary similarly has a 60% crit rate as a support attack.

Edited by Raine

Thanks, Raine.

I was thinking of giving Chrom Res+10 (From the Demon Fighter Class), as he has low Res growths, and between that and Aegis, he can take more hits.

And what of Lifetaker for myself? It's good to have a reliable form of recovery upon killing something.

And now that I think about it, Sol is a godsend.

Edited by Jacques Bellasia