Trading an item from one character to an empty slot of another character

Is there a way to do this? I overall like the new interface of the inventory... except I don't know how to do this without first storing an item with one character, then having the desired character fetch it from the convey. Essentially, how can I give an item from one char to another? The trade option must have one char trade for another item, not for an empty slot.

Oh boo hoo, now you have to look for the item you need in the convoy and choose it. Instead of choosing 2 characters to trade with.

it is kind of inconvenient, don't just handwave it off

honestly, i really don't like the interface of the inventory, aside from the restocking part

besides, think of all the botched speedruns

Oh boo hoo, now you have to look for the item you need in the convoy and choose it. Instead of choosing 2 characters to trade with.

Go back to youtube. These sorts of comments are unwelcome here.

Go back to youtube. These sorts of comments are unwelcome here.

This is a helpful and friendly community, so I was off put by his comment as well.

Though Knife is a fossil on these boards, as I am, regardless of our activity...

Pretty sure you can do it by going to the character you want to give the item to, selecting the empty spot, and just finding it in the inventory (the character that currently has it will be visible in the background of the inventory list). Not exacty as quick as it should be, but at least this way you only move the item once as opposed to putting it in storage then taking it back out.

Yeah, I am kind of irked by this new inventory management system.

I have this slight OCD thing where I like to arrange each character's inventory into a certain order before battle, and this was much easier to do it with the old-fashioned trade system. Now, for each character, I have to repeatedly use the Equip command - starting with the weapon I want on the bottom.

I found it inconvenient as well. I got used to it quickly, but I still don't like how I can't rearrange the order of non-weapon items without going through a much more tedious method (store and take it back).

Sometimes I just start a battle (say, Infinite Regalia) to rearrange stuff.

I feel that it's slightly more convenient; no more looking through everyone's inventories for that one item you need; but it took a while for me to get used to.

You could still look through a list of all items in the older games: they just gave you more options for inventory management than that. IS oversimplified the Awakening inventory system, in my opinion; it's especially jarring when pretty much every other mechanic, major or minor, was refined and enhanced or at least left alone.