Question about Infinite Regalia

Cookies

Is it pretty much pointless to play Infinite Regalia for the Regalia if you don't have a lockpicker who will survive a hit? I'm doing a playthrough with minimal reclassing (only Taguel/Manakete/Dancer/Villager are allowed to reclass to another class only once) and both my Panne and Gaius have turned out pretty poorly through Anna's messing with my head. What should I do to get to the chests?

I'm also paranoid of people getting killed ferrying Panne or Gaius to the chests.

You don't need Lockpickers.

There's thieves who open the chests for you. Takes a few turns, but if you let the thieves reach the chests then kill them, it's a non-issue.

More important is if you've recruited all the kids and Tiki, that deathmatch.

I was surprised at the difficulty! You should be able to pull it off even with just one Lockpicker if your other units are trained and properly equipped. Just remember not to take out the boss until you have the chests, get up to the top so you can take out the thieves, and check enemy range.

Yeah and even IF you don't bring a lockpicker, it could still be worth completing the first time without getting the Regalia since on your first completion you'll get a Silver Card.

And watch out for warriors since they have Counter. Made me cry in the so many times because it seems that Gaius and Morgan are always the ones killing themselves with Counter...

(For some reason, it's always the lockpickers that die in this chapter...)

Edited by LeThiAnh

I didn't quite anticipate the difficulty. I thought it would be as easy as The Golden Gaffe or EXPonential Growth. The good weps are worth it, though.

You could always reclass Avatar and Morgan and Morgan's sibling (if applicable) to Thief and then back to whatever so they can have Locktouch...

whoops didn't read OP

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Also worth noting, though maybe this was just me, I played through with no lockpickers and the thieves opened the side two, got to the middle room, and ran rather than opening the chest. So you may only get two if you don't bring a lockpicker.

If you look on the main site, Infinite Regalia is listed as being of 4-star difficulty, whilst The Golden Gaffe and EXPonential Growth are 1 and 2 stars respectively.

I thought Golden Gaffe and EXPonential growth didn't have a difficulty rating?

As for the topic, you should be fine if you let the thieves take the weapons and then kill them as a few people suggested. Alternatively, you can have a lockpicker paired with one of your strong units and just have them open the chests after you kill everyone because the boss doesn't move.

I've gotten like 4 Helswath's. I'm trying to get a Book of Naga.

That's the horrible thing about the RNG chests.

All I've gotten are Book of Naga tomes in my Japanese copy. I was trying to get a Ragnell.

That's the horrible thing about the RNG chests.

All I've gotten are Book of Naga tomes in my Japanese copy. I was trying to get a Ragnell.

hhe over here I just get vengences and tryfings... eve got two vengences on the a single run... -_-

ah RNG.... (I want some tomes... other than Gotiea which is outclassed by a forged aversa's night... They should have let it boost a stat or some other effect...)