Paralouges

I just completed chapter 13 and unlocked the paralouges for Cynthia and Severa. I tried them, but they were too hard and I lost. Should I grind so I can beat them or should I keep playing and just come back to them later? I'm desperate for new team members as I only have 8 units alive.

I'd say grinding will make the game too easy, but if you've managed to fuck up that much, you may need all the help you can get.

If you want to grind and get them fast, grind. If you'd rather wait, then wait. And either way: DON'T BE AFRAID TO RESET FOR CHARACTER DEATHS.

Yikes! Dude, in Fire Emblem the golden rule is no one gets left behind! You will get a couple of units in the main story still, but not very many if I recall correcty past where you are now. If you have any female characters alive that aren't married make that a priority to unlock more child units. As for grinding, if you can get DLC at all I recommend getting the Golden Pack -it has a really good map for getting lots of experience and another for getting lots of gold. You will want to hold off on attempting Infinite Regalia (also in the pack) until your units are stronger, though. Most importantly, from now on don't be afraid to reset!