Text Bubbles closing for a character that moves in FEditor

JFierce

This issue has been bugging me for awhile. So far I've got around it with using other characters on screen and using them to speak but it doesn't work when there's only one person there.

The scene is basically someone entering a vacant house. Moves, while talking.

[OpenFarFarLeft][LoadFace][0x0C][0x01]

Hello?[A][CloseSpeechFast]

[MoveFarLeft]

Anyone home? [.......]

[MoveMidLeft]

Guess not....

[MoveFarRight]

[.......]

Hmmmm.... not bad. [A]

[MoveFarFarLeft][A][X]

But the issue is the text bubbles lag behind the character moving, so they wait until the character finishes moving to close the text bubble. I can't figure out how to force close a text bubble to help this go smoothly no matter what I do.

[CloseSpeechFast]

Doesn't work at all for this purpose.

The only thing I saw that might be what I need I can't figure out how it's used.

The speech separator is one of the following:

'.' - No speech. This is used for moving characters around without opening a speech bubble, or when the position is 'Exit'. This character can be omitted if no text is provided. If text is provided and no separator is, the text will be ignored, as if this character had been provided.

':' - Normal speech.

'@' - Inverts the text bubble colours.

'!' - Force move. If a character is already on screen, this separator will be needed to ensure that a name/position pair moves the character rather than reloading them (loading over portraits without clearing the ones being overwritten is good for animating body movement; normally, only eye and mouth movements are animated). See below for more information.

Feel like I'm filling up this forum with my questions but I can't help it lol. I wanna make it right, opposed to making it crappy. Like usual did a site search and come up with nothing except a doc on google that's the same as the FEDitor doc showing the keywords for close speech fast.

Edited by JFierce