A Few Silly Questions

Hello again.

I just have a few questions and I apologize if they sound stupid; I just want to be sure on a couple of issues.

If you start a new game, do you need to repurchase the DLC contents?

Can you wait to do a Child's Sidequest? For example, a Child's Sidequest appear, but you would like to finish a Chapter before you start the Sidequest. I just want to be certain how long they remain.

Thank you for your time and patience.

No, the DLC will carry over from file to file without a need for redowload, and you can wait as long as you want to do any paralogue.

I have a question of my own too. Does the DLC work on other 3DS consoles that have your cart? Say if mine breaks in a couple years...

I have a question of my own too. Does the DLC work on other 3DS consoles that have your cart? Say if mine breaks in a couple years...

DLC is bound to an SD card, so you'd have to have the same SD card in the system. Otherwise- yes, you'd have to repurchase it.

DLC is bound to an SD card, so you'd have to have the same SD card in the system. Otherwise- yes, you'd have to repurchase it.

Actually, I believe it's tied to your eShop account. It is stored on the SD card, though.

Actually, I believe it's tied to your eShop account. It is stored on the SD card, though.

You're correct. I'm not quite sure but it might be possible to re-download the DLC if you have the DLC saved in the SD card?

Although System Transfer probably lets you keep your eShop account and re-download the DLCs/virtual games you paid.

Actually, I played with this the other day and I was able to redownload the DLC that I have onto an entirely new and empty SD card.

Now, a question of my own. Until I can afford my own 3DS, I'm stuck playing on my brother in-law's, and I'm wanting to purchase some of the DLC to get the goodies so grinding isn't so much of a pain. Would my DLC be retained if I play the game on a different 3DS?

Actually, I played with this the other day and I was able to redownload the DLC that I have onto an entirely new and empty SD card.

Now, a question of my own. Until I can afford my own 3DS, I'm stuck playing on my brother in-law's, and I'm wanting to purchase some of the DLC to get the goodies so grinding isn't so much of a pain. Would my DLC be retained if I play the game on a different 3DS?

I doubt it, unless you steal his eShop account. lol.

I would imagine any DLC items and characters you got would be retained, they'd probably just be made generic "Outrealm" stuff until you get the DLC on your own 3DS though.

You could hypothetically just copy the contents of his SD card onto yours, but I would imagine it wouldn't work unless it's been authorized to run on that particular 3DS. Which wouldn't happen unless you rebuy it, or steal his account. Neither of which are optimal situations.

I suggest you wait.

I doubt it, unless you steal his eShop account. lol.

I would imagine any DLC items and characters you got would be retained, they'd probably just be made generic "Outrealm" stuff until you get the DLC on your own 3DS though.

You could hypothetically just copy the contents of his SD card onto yours, but I would imagine it wouldn't work unless it's been authorized to run on that particular 3DS. Which wouldn't happen unless you rebuy it, or steal his account. Neither of which are optimal situations.

I suggest you wait.

I'm planning to get the german and the UK Version of this game. So, if I play the german version first, buy the DLC and later play the UK version, I won't have to pay again as long as I play on the same 3DS?

I'm planning to get the german and the UK Version of this game. So, if I play the german version first, buy the DLC and later play the UK version, I won't have to pay again as long as I play on the same 3DS?

I really don't know. Most of what I'm saying is guesswork based on the way such things typically work.

I thiiiiink different versions of the game would require different versions of the DLC.

There are some people with both the Japanese and US versions, they might be able to shed more light on this.

Wait, there are different versions of the game for Germany and the United Kingdom? Aren't they all tied the the EU 3DS? Or are the separate countries split into subdivisions?

Isn't it just one game? Like, Vincent said the game was in French, German, English, and some other languages... Wait a second...

*goes and looks at the FE13 news*

Nintendo of Europe has added a product description for Awakening, which confirms that the game will contain English, French, German, Italian and Spanish text. Also, it appears Casual Mode has been renamed "Newcomer Mode".

If I'm not mistaken, they're just one game. In which case, you'd only have to buy one version of the game. And one of each DLC.

Is save data saved on the game cartridge, the SD card, or the 3DS itself? I'm playing on a friends 3DS and it's pretty fun, but when I purchase my own 3DS I want to just keep playing on his cartridge if possible but I can't do that if the save data doesn't transfer.

Is save data saved on the game cartridge, the SD card, or the 3DS itself? I'm playing on a friends 3DS and it's pretty fun, but when I purchase my own 3DS I want to just keep playing on his cartridge if possible but I can't do that if the save data doesn't transfer.

If you're using a cartridge, save data is saved there.

If you're playing the digital version, then the save data goes in the SD card.

So yes, you could play it on your 3DS (when you get it), since your friend's copy is a physical one.

Wait, there are different versions of the game for Germany and the United Kingdom? Aren't they all tied the the EU 3DS? Or are the separate countries split into subdivisions?

Isn't it just one game? Like, Vincent said the game was in French, German, English, and some other languages... Wait a second...

*goes and looks at the FE13 news*

[/size]

If I'm not mistaken, they're just one game. In which case, you'd only have to buy one version of the game. And one of each DLC.

Well, I've already asked Nintendo twice about this and so far they didn't/couldn't give me an answer whether the different languages are seperate cartridges (like with Pokémon, although that info page shows the same thing) or one cartridge contains all the languages (including voice etc.), like it was for Sacred Stones.

If all versions are on one cartidge, I won't have to buy two, just the one.

That's why I keep pestering them about it xP

Edited by Lexington

Suddenly I am legitimately concerned/curious about the Australian version and its languages. Normally for pretty much everything that's not named Pokémon we just get the European version with all five of its languages, but what little Australian promo material there is currently shows off the American logo and boxart instead of the European versions (of course the use of the American livery could just be a placeholder but frankly we're a bit too close to the release date for placeholders). On the other hand, Nintendo Australia's profile on the game refers to Newcomer Mode instead of Casual Mode (a rather stupid name change but w/e that's not the important part), so... er, I guess we just don't know.

Admittedly, 99% of the Australian audience won't care if the other languages are absent, but idk I really enjoy fiddling with them. Eh, if worst comes to worst I can just set my country location to England and (hopefully) buy the download version of its release with all five languages.

If you're using a cartridge, save data is saved there.

If you're playing the digital version, then the save data goes in the SD card.

So yes, you could play it on your 3DS (when you get it), since your friend's copy is a physical one.

Any way to transfer save data from one cartridge to another?

Normally for pretty much everything that's not named Pokémon we just get the European version with all five of its languages.

Really? That's so interesting to me, I always assumed Australia got English only in games. Especially considering how NoA usually just translates to English even though it handles all North America where Spanish and French are also pretty big languages. Not sure if they also handle South America but that would also make Portuguese relevant. I actually would like it if NoA started doing multiple languages for localizations since I speak Spanish and like you said it's fun fiddling with language options (Japanese voices were a nice touch for Awakening), even if that means waiting a bit longer for some games.

Edited by Owain Dark

A note on the updated EU FE Awakening pages on the offial nintendo page cleared up my question:

The german cartidge will only have german text, french cartridge will only have french text etc.

All of them will have the american and japanese voices.

So, I have to buy two games, the german and the UK one, but at least get to enjoy the american voices in both of them.

I'll have to see what that means for the DLC then.

So the australians will probably get the UK version.

wow that's incredibly disappointing :(

I mean yeah it's probably simple enough to get around by changing my 3DS's location and language and manually rebuying each language version, or it would be if I had like $200 and a fuckload of time to spare re-completing the game four times over

on one hand I can kind of see why this would be necessary spaceways, but it's not like Nintendo Europe is any stranger to the art of compressing scripts in five languages into a single cart/disc