What Female-Only Skill to Pass to...Anyone?

128 members have voted

1. 1. GO

• Speed+2
    • Relief
    • Rally Speed
    • Lancefaire
    • Rally Movement
    • Galeforce
    • Resistance+2
    • Demoiselle
    • Rally Resistance
    • Dual Support+
  2. 2. Hmm might as well

• Biorhythm Skills
    • Bane Skills

you would still have to actually clear the alternate set of enemies (and preferably not turtle it out either)

I passed down demoiselle to Owain and Brady so I could pretend they were gay :v.

too bad Inigo can't get Demoiselle

Edited by shadykid

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, I thought it was only the first wave of 7 enemies that you had to finish within 2 turns to get the alternate set??

*doublechecks site*

Ha, you're right. Someone implied it on another site and I never doublechecked my impression closely enough. Yeah, sorry about that. :/

Passing down Galeforce still seems like a no-brainer for Lissa/Olivia/Maribelle, since you need to grind a ton to setup for Strongest One's Name anyhow and none of their other female-only options are worth anything. This means the value of Peg Knight on Noire/Kjelle/Nah has been pretty overblown in the past though, you don't need it on every single PC so optimizing caps is really more useful, especially for Nah who is better as a tank than an offensive unit.

*doublechecks site*

Ha, you're right. Someone implied it on another site and I never doublechecked my impression closely enough. Yeah, sorry about that. :/

Passing down Galeforce still seems like a no-brainer for Lissa/Olivia/Maribelle, since you need to grind a ton to setup for Strongest One's Name anyhow and none of their other female-only options are worth anything. This means the value of Peg Knight on Noire/Kjelle/Nah has been pretty overblown in the past though, you don't need it on every single PC so optimizing caps is really more useful, especially for Nah who is better as a tank than an offensive unit.

time to revisit Kellam!Nah as a Manakete/General? cool.gif

Lolololol

I pass down Galeforce to the boys and some of the girls (so they don't have to get it themselves) because, as others have said, moving twice in a turn to attack twice or attack/heal etc has been useful in my experience. I love it. Objectively speaking, it's probably a decent skill to have but Gerome can still kick ass and I love him no less for being without it.

A situation I saw Galeforce useful is when I was against a Streetpass team that actually rivaled mine. Granted that all the other Streetpass teams I faced were wasted in less than 5 turns but this one took a few hours of strategy to actually beat the living snot out of it.

My two cents on Galeforce is this: Got a kill? Great Galeforce. Need to heal/Rally/do another kill? Oh hey! Galeforce actually gave me that option. I'm one less enemy and I can move afterward. What a coincidence, eh?

Galeforce + Rally Rainbow and Galeforce + Rally Love? Yes please. +6 stats plus two dead enemies. Not bad for a 'shitty' skill.

Am I reading this right or is the pot calling the kettle black

More or less...

Edited by LeThiAnh

I've been debating whether Galeforce is worth it on Noire over giving Ricken to Tharja for a high-ass MAG cap and access to Luna and Tomefaire. Still not sure about it, but I don't know if I care for Gaius or Donnel as dads for Noire at all since they're both pretty physically-oriented and Noire is better prepped for Sorcerer shenanigans. (but oh no gais Archer overlap. :( )

And people really do underrate Yarne (aka Cap'n Caps) and Gerome (ULTIMATE SUPPORT BATMOBILE), just for lacking it. But it'd be nice for them to have if they could, especially Bow Warrior Yarne who would just be delightful if he only had Galeforce to switch back to Helswath before Enemy Phase.

I think Galeforce good be really good if a character like Inigo or Owain could use it as well as Agressor.

Also, is Dual Support+ really a good skill ? I was wondering if it was worth pass it down to Gerome, as he can't learn Galeforce nor Lancefaire (not that I want to use it...).

Also, I don't really care about Rally skills...

There's not a whole lot else Cherche can pass down that Gerome can't already get or would want. Dual Support+ is great if he's operating as a taxi, but it won't see use if he's a frontliner unit (as he'd have better things to slot, even without Galeforce).

Still, he can't get much else of value. No point in passing Renewal since he already has access to Priest.

Dual Support+ provides an entire 5 hit, avoid, crit, and crit evasion with an A or S rank support

honestly, if we're talking postgame (otherwise no way in hell Cherche is a Valkyrie) Demoiselle or even Rally Resistance are better choices

Dual Support+ provides an entire 5 hit, avoid, crit, and crit evasion with an A or S rank support

honestly, if we're talking postgame (otherwise no way in hell Cherche is a Valkyrie) Demoiselle or even Rally Resistance are better choices

Correct me if I'm wrong, but neither of those works if he's in the back of a Pair Up. And Dual Support+ gives 10 Crit/Avoid/Evade with no support, so it's also flexible for pairing with characters that can't support or that Gerome does not support with. Mind you I'd still primarily be using him as the taxi and support partner for whoever he's S-ranked with, but that's still not bad for what is essentially zero cost to his partner.

I could see Rally Resistance if your goal was a rallybot Gerome (why). But saying Demoiselle is more useful? Come on.

How many times do I have to tell you that I wasn't addressing the poll itself but the apparent basis behind making the poll.

Skills I would prefer in Final DLC:

All Stats +2

Limit Break

Iote's Shield [fliers]

Rally Heart

Rally Spectrum

Rally Movement

Rally Speed

Rally Strength

Rally Defense

Aggressor

Shadowgift

Ignis

Astra

[X]breaker

[X]faire

Lucky Seven

It isn't the ultimate skill. It gets smitted in many DLC chapters and absolutely sucks in Ike's DLC's except Champions of Yore 3 and "The Strongest One's Name."

I would much rather prefer more useful skills like...

-Ignis/Wrath/Sol combo

-Vengence/Wrath/Sol combo

-Mov+1 (Mov is extremely rare)

-Astra

And everything else that Legault said.

It's useless in Ike's DLC's too except Champions Of Yore 3.

Where in the OP does it ask why Galeforce is overrated. Nowhere, that's where. You're spouting off Galeforce hate by trying to explain an answer to a question that wasn't asked. The question that was asked was "What female-only skills do people want?" and you came in here with your anti-galeforce crusade.

Proof!

Considering that the final DLC only gives you a certain amount of turns each round will make it tough, but it can be winnable without Galeforce.

Galeforce, especially to male children because as it was already stated, being able to move twice in one turn and clear maps faster.

I rest my case too. Told you Ignis/Vengence is needed. Your hits without Rallies and Vengence/Ignis will otherwise feel like mosquito bites in that chapter as well as most of Ike's DLC's. Told ya that Mov+1 is good. Almost every enemy there has it and because it's the hardest to get Mov than anything else in the game and we do want our characters to have more movement. More Mov is also good to get to enemies in an earlier time! Since this chapter is timed! What me and Leveant are saying to get Ignis/Astra/Rallies and shit like that because most of the enemies there have good defenses and have Dragonskin. Plus most of Ike's DLC's have very high enough defenses that you probably won't 0KO unless you Rally like heck and have a forged weapon. But Rally is our suggestion, so we w1n. Plus you see that the vid creator used Luna AND Ignis. Like I said, that DLC chapter along with some of Ike's are unwinnable without these skills....

-Ignis

-Vengence

-Astra

-Luna

-Wrath

During the second round of enemies that's where Vengence will come in handy as the enemies possess Hawkeye and Vantage+ that Vantage+ activates reguardless of HP. I've picked Duel Support+ for my vote as you don't know how much it can save your ass during the enemy phase while you blunt their attacks rendering it useless whenever a Duel Guard activates.

:facepalm:

If you really need me to spell it out for you because you are implausible of thinking about anyone other than yourself:

Let's say that I am on Noire's paralogue, which I just finished. I split my army in two, sending one group towards the boss and the other towards Noire. Team 1 goes towards Noire and consists of the following characters: Lucina, Inigo, Laurent, Brady, and female Morgan. Lucina is a great lord. Inigo is a hero. Laurent just promoted to sage. Brady is still a priest. Female Morgan is a grandmaster. Assume that Lucina, Inigo, and Morgan are no higher than level 8 promoted and that they were promoted directly from starting classes.

An enemy phase has a bunch of rangers and paladins shooting at Lucina from range. She is equipped with Falchion and therefore cannot counter. By the time the enemy phase is over, she has less than half health and the group is surrounded by 7 paladins and rangers.

Now, assume that no one on the team has Galeforce. Brady heals Lucina, but not fully. Brady and Laurent die in 2 hits. The other kids die in 3. Brady cannot attack. Lucina, Inigo, Laurent, and female Morgan all attack and dispatch of four of the enemies, but that's still three remaining. Assume that the enemies have anywhere between 30-60 displayed hit on the characters. Enemies tend to gang up on the same character if that character is within reach. In this scenario, it's likely Brady who will face the highest displayed hit and die in the least hits. Even if he is somehow protected by the others, what of the other kids? What about Laurent, who just promoted and is rather squishy?

What if Lucina, Inigo, and female Morgan have Galeforce? They could all gain a second turn if they are able to defeat an enemy, which clears out the path more. It reduces the risk of someone dying on the EP since they can clear out more enemies. If we're not going crazy and grinding everyone, it is likely that your team won't be overpowered enough to just shrug everything off. This is one way Galeforce can be useful. It can allow you to take out enemies that would otherwise threaten your characters' survival on the EP.

It is NOT needed. It just makes it easier.

-----

2:47-2:55

Proven right here that Duel Support is just as important as his Lucina would've been finished without it! You don't know how destructive Vengence (with 1 HP left) thanking Miracle for this. =)

9:04-9:59

And they get even stronger with every wave. I'm not liking this. Without Miracle, I don't think you'll stand a chance. -.-

16:43

1 blow even with maxed stats. One blow they deal 64 dmg. Now I'm scared. This chapter doesn't look winnable without Miracle. Plus doing this in only a certain amount of turns makes it even worse.

18:34-19:15

Enemy Phase

*Waste* *Waste* *Wastes* from far away with the Wings Of Death, Dark Fliers. Now this is getting pretty cool. I'm downloading this episode next month. ^^

00:20-00:22

So Anna (The Goddess Of Time) is the final boss.

00:24-00:29

99HP. You can get more than 80. How the fuck can they get more than that?

3:33-3:37

See. Miracle/Vantage+ is evil. D=

See without Duel Guard+, they'd be finished.

6:27-6:32

Aww....c'mon. Give me a break. -.-

Vantage+ and Luna+ at the same time. Good thing the fucker didn't have hawkeye!

6:52-6:55

That's NOT FAIR! D=

Boom!

64 dmg before you can make a move!

7:43-7:58

YES!!!!

Love this game!

Every strike you do on them activates Aegis+. Guessing that's what Aegis+/Pavise+ does.

8:06-8:15

This is what we want to see at the end of any game is action like dis.

And he got dealt 64 dmg in one blow.

8:54-9:15

69 dmg this time! =D

9:24-9:48

Lucina killed em' like it was nuthin. Thank you Duel Guard+.

10:03-10:30

*Activates Luna+*

*Activates Aether*

*Miss*

*Miss*

*Activates Ignis*

27dmg

Duel attacked 18x2

*Activates Ignis*

27 Dmg

Duel Attacks finishing her off!

Due to the fact that it isn't out yet, but while it isn't, this will give us time to prepare for it. As it will be extremely time consuming and requires alot of grinding in the post-game to get them to stand a chance in it.

Edited by ポーラ

Why do people hate on Dark flyers... (I like magic classessad.gif) that and falcon Knights suck in this game as they are weapon locked...

galeforce is overrated but it is one of the better female gender exclusive skills personally

galeforce>lancefaire>DualSuport+>Rally speed>rest of skills

Dark Fliers are the scum of the earth. Promoting Sumia or Cordelia to that class cripples their stats to the point they can only 8RKO enemies when they would've 1RKO'd as a Falconknight. And don't even think of class changing a mage to Dark Flier because it never works. Ever. And Galeforce is worthless postgame because there is a strategy that don't involve it in The Strongest One's Name.

Dark Flier is a shitty postgame class, you say?

*looks at the DLC vid*

*counts 7 dark fliers*

sureeeeee it is

This video proves that it's winnable without it!

Is Rally Speed/Lancefaire? In other words, are there any female-only skills worth using there outside of a dedicated rally mule? Because yeah, one or two units definitely want Rally Speed, but if then 17 of your other units are wanting Galeforce, I'd say it wins as the "preferred" choice. But if no one's using any of the 12 listed skills at all, then just say "none of the skills are absolutely necessary for the Last DLC, but _____ is the most useful during the maingame". When given a vacuum that can't be filled with one thing, why not fill it with what does fit? =P

I voted Duel Support+. As it does save you from taking a blow from them whenever it activates as your likely not going to survive more than 1-3 blows there without maxed stats/Rally boosts.

Got any videos of clearing both waves of Strongest One's Name without any Galeforce, then? I am *very* curious as to what the setup is to accomplish that, given how much killing you have to do in only two turns.

^See above reply.

It's winnable without it though. The vid creator managed to do it without it!

And I always use DLC/Spotpass ladies as Rallybots (because they can stack Rally Spectrum/Rally Speed and now Rally Love and I'm sure as hell not using Avatar(F) or Morgan (F) as Rallybots when they could be on th front lines murdering stuff)

Heed it!

Regaruto, why the heck do you constantly change your context from "efficient play" to "postgame insane DLC"

Even then, why can't you have galeforce in an offensive unit while having a backup unit with rallies for those same postgame DLCs like normal people.

look, either this is a discussion for LTC or a discussion for postgame

pick one and stop switching positions every damn time

Sure that chapter isn't debateable as you have to pay for it! But it wouldn't be any fun if we don't ever participate in it either.

unfortunately for you, Galeforce is everywhere in the final DLC, as that video shows

nice try though

The vid I posted is proven that it can be done without it! It at least will require alot of Rally bots+Ignis+Vengence+Luna skills and forges to have it winnable, period!

If you're going to just ignore the second phase entirely than sure, Galeforce is hardly needed, but I don't see why anyone min/maxing kids for Ultimate Training stages would ignore the actual hardest part of the final DLC.

The hardest part will require Miracle. It's not winnable without it.

since you need to grind a ton to setup for Strongest One's Name anyhow and none of their other female-only options are worth anything

Better start getting Paragon manuals then. Since re-classing lowers EXP gains every time!

I think Galeforce good be really good if a character like Inigo or Owain could use it as well as Agressor.

Also, is Dual Support+ really a good skill ? I was wondering if it was worth pass it down to Gerome, as he can't learn Galeforce nor Lancefaire (not that I want to use it...).

Also, I don't really care about Rally skills...

You wouldn't be saying that in any of the DLC/Hard/Lunatic chapters since they are actually needed to make them winnable.

And Gerome is better to be a Rally Bot than anything else.

Dark Fliers are the scum of the earth. Promoting Sumia or Cordelia to that class cripples their stats to the point they can only 8RKO enemies when they would've 1RKO'd as a Falconknight. And don't even think of class changing a mage to Dark Flier because it never works. Ever. And Galeforce is worthless postgame because there is a strategy that don't involve it in The Strongest One's Name.

Yep.

But giving them forged Celica Gales says different. =)

Plus...since the chapter is timed, Dark Fliers are a considerable class to have since fliers don't suffer movement penalties anywhere.

EDIT: http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/skills.html

I've just realized my error suggesting Counter from a different thread as it is absolute garbage in "The Strongest One's Name". Since nearly every foe there possesses Dragonskin and Dragonskin blocks Counter. So, no Lethality either, nope! Since it also blocks that too.

EDIT 2: http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/dlc_jp.html#ut4

The mission isn't timed after all. You just won't get the Supreme Emblem if you take too long.

Edited by ポーラ

There's not a whole lot else Cherche can pass down that Gerome can't already get or would want. Dual Support+ is great if he's operating as a taxi, but it won't see use if he's a frontliner unit (as he'd have better things to slot, even without Galeforce).

Still, he can't get much else of value. No point in passing Renewal since he already has access to Priest.

I just checked the Dual System section. I noticed that the Dual Support+ bonuses are more effective when paired up with someone with whom he has no support. (Well, not exactly, but you know what I mean). Since I haven't played the game yet, I was wondering if either it was still good to have especially when paired up with, like, Lucina with S rank, either with someone with whom he can't support or either just replace it with something better (like a Dread fighter skill, or whatever...).

Edited by Ekhynoxx

I like the sets that the vid creator gave them. You don't need Galeforce to win. No. As I'm planning to give my Morgan these skills.

-Rightful King

-Sol

-Luna

-Ignis

-Limitbreaker

You'll definitely want to give all the DLC/Spotpass/Children Ignis+Luna+Vengence/Sol+Limitbreaker+All stats 2/Aggressor. Regular characters like Cordelia, Cherche and such should all get Rallies since they are restricted to classes and half of them can't get Ignis/Luna/Sol and Vengence. Which they are needed if you are going to hope to stand any chance in it. I also suggest Mov+1. Mov is hardest to come by in the game.

EDIT: I don't know why none of us suggest Tomefaire and the + skills. As they get you to go above their limitations in addition to Rallying to make it even more inevitable.

Edited by ポーラ

It isn't the ultimate skill. It gets smitted in many DLC chapters and absolutely sucks in Ike's DLC's except Champions of Yore 3 and "The Strongest One's Name."

I would much rather prefer more useful skills like...

-Ignis/Wrath/Sol combo

-Vengence/Wrath/Sol combo

-Mov+1 (Mov is extremely rare)

-Astra

And everything else that Legault said.

It's useless in Ike's DLC's too except Champions Of Yore 3.

Proof!

Considering that the final DLC only gives you a certain amount of turns each round will make it tough, but it can be winnable without Galeforce.

I rest my case too. Told you Ignis/Vengence is needed. Your hits without Rallies and Vengence/Ignis will otherwise feel like mosquito bites in that chapter as well as most of Ike's DLC's. Told ya that Mov+1 is good. Almost every enemy there has it and because it's the hardest to get Mov than anything else in the game and we do want our characters to have more movement. More Mov is also good to get to enemies in an earlier time! Since this chapter is timed! What me and Leveant are saying to get Ignis/Astra/Rallies and shit like that because most of the enemies there have good defenses and have Dragonskin. Plus most of Ike's DLC's have very high enough defenses that you probably won't 0KO unless you Rally like heck and have a forged weapon. But Rally is our suggestion, so we w1n. Plus you see that the vid creator used Luna AND Ignis. Like I said, that DLC chapter along with some of Ike's are unwinnable without these skills....

-Ignis

-Vengence

-Astra

-Luna

-Wrath

During the second round of enemies that's where Vengence will come in handy as the enemies possess Hawkeye and Vantage+ that Vantage+ activates reguardless of HP. I've picked Duel Support+ for my vote as you don't know how much it can save your ass during the enemy phase while you blunt their attacks rendering it useless whenever a Duel Guard activates.

It is NOT needed. It just makes it easier.

-----

Due to the fact that it isn't out yet, but while it isn't, this will give us time to prepare for it. As it will be extremely time consuming and requires alot of grinding in the post-game to get them to stand a chance in it.

Tch... I'll admit, I'm not the biggest fan of Galeforce here, but even I can see you're posting a lot of baloney. I mean, really? Sol on a skillset with Wrath and Vengeance? Puh-lease. That's like shooting yourself in the foot. And most of what Legault posted was bull.

I just checked the Dual System section. I noticed that the Dual Support+ bonuses are more effective when paired up with someone with whom he has no support. (Well, not exactly, but you know what I mean). Since I haven't played the game yet, I was wondering if either it was still good to have especially when paired up with, like, Lucina with S rank, either with someone with whom he can't support or either just replace it with something better (like a Dread fighter skill, or whatever...).

Well it depends. The bonuses for the skill on an S-rank are +5 to the four things that Pair Up boosts, unless Lucina is already near enough people she supports to push the boost to the cap (but I rarely, if ever, see this happen). For no rank, it's the same +Hit but more Crit/Avoid/Evade.

Still, +5 Crit is nothing to sneeze at. It's basically Zeal for free on the unit he's supporting, or a little bit of crit forge. Not exciting, but better than getting nothing out of the partner unit. It's less useful if he's being swapped to the front to do things himself though. If his purpose is to fly someplace, swap to Lucina (or whoever), let her kill things, and then serve as her partner for Enemy Phase, it's a pretty good skill. If you're using him in regular rotation with his partner, the benefits are middling whenever he's actually in front. But since Gerome and Laurent can get Dual Support+ and can't get Galeforce, they're less likely to be killing rotation partners the same way something like... Severa + Inigo could be, since both of them could get Galeforce. Hence I tend to see them as either tanks themselves or support partners who can supply decent damage and Dual Attack/Dual Guard support.

I just pointed out the higher relative bonus for unsupportable characters because as far as I know Dual Support+ is the only way to boost those things. But you'd probably be better off with Gerome out front and a female Spotpass character in back with the skill in most cases. Still, I don't see much better to pass, so unless you're doing a LTC run where you give him STR+2 or something just to help him along, something out of Troubador/Valkyrie is all he can really get that he can't get from a class he already has.