WOW how stupid of IS

WOW how dumb, every single gaiden requirement needs either Chiki to be unrecruited or killed (chpter24x) or a set amount of units killed(every other one.) Very very stupid of IS. I thought Gaiden chapters were supposed to be fun and additional elements to someone's background story of couse I'm not sure if this is true for FE 11 but I know other requirements did not need so much SUICIDE! :angry:

I'll say what's been said countless times... the gaidens in this game are more for people who suck at the game and everyone's dying, so you can have a chance at new units. It's also why you get something like 31 faceless units the more people die.

Really, there's no point in going to them other than to be a sadistic freak and get everyone killed off on purpose. Or if you suck and need more units.

Here's what I think happened:

IS took note of the complaints about nothing ever changing in a Fire Emblem game.

IS tried to change something.

Can't complain about their decision, no matter how different this game ends up being...

On second thought, I could complain about names being changed, but that's NOA's responsibility, not IS's.

Still, I'm so used to Marth that I'd rather not see his name spelled Mars or Malus...

People die in war. I've generally stopped restarting chapters if people die. I hold a memorial service and get on with it.

The way you play is just like the person I bought FE 7 from.Except the other person sucked. This person had literally 5-6 character left on chpter.19 EM he sucked a lot of balls at Fire emblem. I'm sure no one else is thst bad at Fire Emblem except for new players to the series

Edited by FEFL

Give me a break, I can finish the games well enough. I'm not losing a dude every chapter or anything. I just think that the idea of not letting any casualties happen in a game about war is both a bit masochistic and unrealistic. It's how I play.

I'm trying to get into every chapter my first run through. Anyways, I've never let anyone die before so it feels GREAT to actually LET people die!

Give me a break, I can finish the games well enough. I'm not losing a dude every chapter or anything. I just think that the idea of not letting any casualties happen in a game about war is both a bit masochistic and unrealistic. It's how I play.

Whoa whoa whoa you read my post all wrong I said that's how someone else plays too, I never said that you suck I said the other guy sucks. The way you play is actually better and less frustrating in my opinion. Sorry if it didn't seem that way beacause of the word hopefully or any others

Edited by FEFL

Here's what I think happened:

IS took note of the complaints about nothing ever changing in a Fire Emblem game.

IS tried to change something.

Can't complain about their decision, no matter how different this game ends up being...

Its a change that rewards stupidity (or at least incompetence) though, which to me, just sounds wrong. Change is either good or bad, and you can't blame the fans for complaining a little.

I dunno, the reason I reset when someone dies is because so much work was put into them, or that they were carrying a valuable item or something. I don't reset because I don't want anyone to die period.

Its a change that rewards stupidity (or at least incompetence) though, which to me, just sounds wrong. Change is either good or bad, and you can't blame the fans for complaining a little.

I dunno, the reason I reset when someone dies is because so much work was put into them, or that they were carrying a valuable item or something. I don't reset because I don't want anyone to die period.

Gaidens were rewards in FE7, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they will be rewards in this game.

I can think of a pretty good way to make it a punishment just off the top of my head: Swarms of well-armed enemies. Sure, it means boatloads of experience if you survive, but the stupid and incompetent WON'T survive...

Wait, another way to make Gaidens a punishment: No experience.

Well, those ideas are all for naught; the game is already released.

Edited by Paper Jam

Some of us are perfectionists. We can't let people die. It's a game, not a war, even if it's about war.

I actually like the idea of having the x amount of your unit's having to be dead to get (Chapter)x. It's inovative in a sense because you haven't seen it before, also it gives you a reason to kill Jeigan

I actually like the idea of having the x amount of your unit's having to be dead to get (Chapter)x. It's inovative in a sense because you haven't seen it before, also it gives you a reason to kill Jeigan

But everyone else is better than Jeigan

So I ain't a one of those people that reset everytime someone dies (unless they are a tank in my party I don't give a damn). So if you die, you die, no way around it,

There are 60 units in this game and 31 faceless units for in case you don't have the maximum number of available units. Not to mention that you can swap classes. That means there are 91 units in the game total. Surely you can send someone to their doom, faceless units don't count but I'm going into chapter 5 and I have more than enough units so I don't need to use my faceless units but I still have them and I've killed off 9 normal units and 2 faceless units. It doesn't matter in this game. Also the faceless units cycle through endlessly so there are infinite technically.

Edited by BACON

I'm someone who resets so I guess I'll just have to cope with it because I want to see every chapter at least once so I mine-as well make it my first PT. I don't have to worry about it for 4-12 months anyway because I'm waiting for the English version to come out

I'm trying to get into every chapter my first run through. Anyways, I've never let anyone die before so it feels GREAT to actually LET people die!

LOL! I'm not so sure if it'll be a great feeling for me or not. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to FE, and I refuse to let my characters die. Heck, I even made sure Orson never died even though he turns out to be a total jackass later on in Sacred Stones.

When I finally get to play FEDS, my fingers are going to twitch over to the restart button as an automatic reaction once I let these people die. XD

Edited by Songbird

I'm one of the people who restarts when someone dies. Except if I've tried the damn chapter so many times that I just don't care anymore (Hello 4-F-5. I still hate you, Nasir). Other than that, the only time I've let anyone stay dead in a Fire Emblem game was my first time playing FE7. That run, I never completed because it was rented. I learned from my mistake and owned it next time around.

LOL! I'm not so sure if it'll be a great feeling for me or not. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to FE, and I refuse to let my characters die. Heck, I even made sure Orson never died even though he turns out to be a total jackass later on in Sacred Stones.

Good word choices in describing Orson :lol:

but the thing is, its harder for Orson to die than to not die, we're talking about SS here.

Good word choices in describing Orson :lol:

but the thing is, its harder for Orson to die than to not die, we're talking about SS here.

Plus, Orson was a prepromote in a map full of unpromoted units.

Anyway, I've never let anyone die, so it might be a huge relief to actually let someone die. A war where a lot of people die is much more realistic than going through an entire war with no casualties....

Plus, Orson was a prepromote in a map full of unpromoted units.

Anyway, I've never let anyone die, so it might be a huge relief to actually let someone die. A war where a lot of people die is much more realistic than going through an entire war with no casualties....

A war that involves dragons, magic and waiting patiently for the opposition army to attack you, isn't realistic either.