Fire Emblem Ideas

Paper Jam

I thought I'd like to hear your thoughts and share some of mine about where the Fire Emblem series might go from here. Not that I expect IS to act on them, but I think fans are entitled to speculation.

One of my ideas is to introduce a new Weapon Triangle with knives, bows, and crossbows. (Knives beat crossbows, crossbows beat bows, bows beat knives, I guess.)

I'd also like to see some of the "backstory" of some of the games. There's a huge thread about a "prequel" to the Radiance duology already, but I'd like to see a game featuring Anri or Roland or Altina (and their respective allies) as the main characters. Sure, Cornelius and Elbert and Gawain have lived in interesting times, but I really like the "ancient history" of those FE games.

Also, since we already know that Fire Emblem 1 has been remade, I'd like to speculate about other possible remakes. For example, while I'm sure it won't happen in the next 10 years, I'd like to see a remake of FE 7 and 6 using a generational system similar to that of FE4. Maybe it could be called "Fire Emblem: Rekka to Fuuin no Tsurugi" in Japanese, or "Fire Emblem: The Two Swords" in English.

Anyway... what are your thoughts?

I lurve the generational thing, so that sounds cool to me. Plus Eliwood is to Roy as Sigurd is to Celice already.

I lurve the generational thing, so that sounds cool to me. Plus Eliwood is to Roy as Sigurd is to Celice already.

What Eliwood and Sigurd, are okay while Roy and Celice fail cause that's my interpreation

That and the obvious parent to son one

What Eliwood and Sigurd, are okay while Roy and Celice fail cause that's my interpreation

In my eyes, yes. Although it's more that I like Sigurd too much than that I hate Celice.

Also, I could deal with more interactivity with the sory. Not a full on Knights of the Old Republic thing, but at least some real decision making ability in the story would be nice. Sparing/not Pelleas is a good step forward.

Edited by Mac

In my eyes, yes. Although it's more that I like Sigurd too much than that I hate Celice.

Also, I could deal with more interactivity with the sory. Not a full on Knights of the Old Republic thing, but at least some real decision making ability in the story would be nice. Sparing/not Pelleas is a good step forward.

I can agree, just as long as they don't give the kind of ending KotORII gave (shit)

I liked the separate teams thing of Radiant Dawn. I'd like to see that make a new return.

Only if the first team you use doesn't suck like the suck brigade... and more or equal chapters for each part. Part 2 only had 5 chapters and only 2-3 you were able to train Nephenee, Marcia and geofreey then you didn't get them again until the end of part three with pretty much no exp

Edited by FEFL

Me and my friend have been talking, and we've decided this would be epic.

CREATE YOUR OWN LORD.

Choose hair, clothes and weapon*, and colour for each (except weapon) ((*Out of Bows, Axe, Sword or Lance.))

Keep LVL 20 promotion. Keep the Bonus EXP the fact that you gain 3 stats.

Bring back Secret Shops.

Make it so you can KEEP the Silver Card.

Going into more detail on Weapon Forging.

Bring forward 1 character from any of the GBA games to the DS/Wii.

bonus exp. or something like ToV, no arena

promotion at lvl 20 is genius

I like the class change idea

an interesting plot

two teams

new classes

no characters as bad as meg or as good as *enter best character's name here*

skills (I like that you could give good skills to other people like in FE10)

link arena

trial maps

maps exclusively for PvP

and a pony for christmas

I liked the separate teams thing of Radiant Dawn. I'd like to see that make a new return.

Do you mean the teams you choose in Part 4, or how the overall game is split into 4 parts with different teams. Because I disliked how the latter made some characters' availability crap.

CREATE YOUR OWN LORD.

Choose hair, clothes and weapon*, and colour for each (except weapon) ((*Out of Bows, Axe, Sword or Lance.))

Keep LVL 20 promotion. Keep the Bonus EXP the fact that you gain 3 stats.

Bring back Secret Shops.

Make it so you can KEEP the Silver Card.

Going into more detail on Weapon Forging.

Bring forward 1 character from any of the GBA games to the DS/Wii.

Those are really good ideas!

It'd be tough to write a player-created character well enough to really satisfy, though.

They could have some scroll type thing that comes with all the customizable stuff. They can have a lot pre-set colors to choose from to maximize customization

bonus exp. or something like ToV, no arena

promotion at lvl 20 is genius

I like the class change idea

an interesting plot

two teams

new classes

no characters as bad as meg or as good as *enter best character's name here*

skills (I like that you could give good skills to other people like in FE10)

link arena

trial maps

maps exclusively for PvP

and a pony for christmas

bonus exp AND Arens

Edit: create a character sounds kick ass

Edited by smashbro

Do you mean the teams you choose in Part 4, or how the overall game is split into 4 parts with different teams. Because I disliked how the latter made some characters' availability crap.

The latter, yes. I actually loved it, it made the game feel more fresh. The DB/CRK could've used another chapter or 2 each, but I found it to be a very nice way of doing things.

CREATE YOUR OWN LORD.

It'd be tough to write a player-created character well enough to really satisfy, though.

I don't think it would be THAT hard, you could do it much like Knights of the Old Republic does (which is a great game). You design your hero as a model but then throughout the game during conversations and stuff you can have options to choose from to alter the gameplay. While KOTOR does it on the Light Side/Dark Side spectrum a lot of times, these types of choices could open up alternate game paths or situations.

It would probably take a lot more work on the part of the developers, but it would bring about a detailed, in-depth game that would have loads of replay value. I've played through both KOTORs about 5 times a piece and STILL love playing them. While the overarching storyline remains the same, there's always something different on the playthroughs.

I think it would be great and I wish it would happens.

As far as game idea goes:

I'd like to see one of these stories from epic times. You always get the history about the legendary heroes and such - why can't we warp back to those times and play that game? Wouldn't that be fun?