Accidental Incest

Wake

So, this topic is simple. I caused some accidental incest in that I did this:

Chrom x Olivia

MU x Lucina

Morgan x Inigo

Then I saved my game. About five minutes later I realized what I had done. What are your thoughts on this?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched MorganxInigo's romantic support and it doesn't really seem like it leads to marriage (most of the 2nd gen romantic supports don't, now that I think about it; they're just like "oh let's be best friends forever")...small condolences? They're listed as "Companions" instead of husband/wife too, right?

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Accidental Incest? In Fire Emblem, there's nothing accidental about the incest.

You know, I was about to make several location-specific jokes right then, but decided against. I wouldn't want to offend anyone.

On Morgan's, it says companion, but on Inigo's it says wife,

Get over it guys.

Japandoesntmindmarryingcousins1.pngJapandoesntmindmarryingcousins2.png

"Wife" and "Husband"

You're lucky they even BOTHERED to change it to "Companion" in the localization.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I havent done that yet. Ive been careful not to do that. I had Owain and Lucina rocking some Pair Up but i was like "yeah no more supports past a certain point because eww." Ive yet to have an Avatar marry a second gen character too.

"Wife" and "Husband"

You're lucky they even BOTHERED to change it to "Companion" in the localization.

oh my god how dare they censor the glorious nihonjin

EDIT: wait I *MAY* have misinterpreted your intent

i still hate this thread. somebody break a rule so i can lock it.

Edited by Integrity

oh my god how dare they censor the glorious nihonjin

EDIT: wait I *MAY* have misinterpreted your intent

i still hate this thread. somebody break a rule so i can lock it.

But 1st cousin marriage happens. ._.

Look at Franklin D. Roosevelt and Eleanor Roosevelt. ..Yeah. *is lost on where this thread is going*

But weren't they like, cousins fifth removed? If that's the correct term... or is it 5th cousins? Something like that.

At any rate, there is no genetic risk once you reach the point of being 2nd Cousins. They are as likely as two completely unrelated strangers.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

But weren't they like, cousins fifth removed? If that's the correct term... or is it 5th cousins? Something lie that.

Eh, still confusing cousins business. But the [non] point is, they were famous cousins who did cool stuff together NewYearsEmoticon.gif

But weren't they like, cousins fifth removed? If that's the correct term... or is it 5th cousins? Something like that.

At any rate, there is no genetic risk once you reach the point of being 2nd Cousins. They are as likely as two completely unrelated strangers.

Even first cousins don't really have too much to worry about; the genetic risk is only raised by a few percentages more than the normal unrelated union. The problem is when it is repeated consistently over generations. As long as you don't have people marrying their cousins every subsequent generation, it's practically no more dangerous than any other genetic union.

...But then again, that's only cousins. I have no idea how genetics apply to weird time travel uncle/niece or aunt/nephew pairings that the Morgans can pull off.... :/

People, can we please get back on topic? I would hate to make Integ lock my topic.

Now that i think of it, though, this topic degenerated really fast...

Now that i think of it, though, this topic degenerated really fast...

What the fuck did you think would happen

People, can we please get back on topic? I would hate to make Integ lock my topic.

What even is there to discuss

Its the inevitable nature of the topic and the people on this board. Just put in my two cents; now, I'm leaving to go do school stuff before this topic potentially gets messy....

There was a thread about this like two weeks ago. Why do people feel the need to share this?

They don't feel the need to share it. I strong-arm everyone I can into making threads that disturb you.

Anyway, my thoughts to answer the first post, aside from eww, are "hey, it's a video game, who cares?"