FE Movie

Donatello

Lately, I've been watching G4 and noticed the captions mentioning big-budget video game movies such as Gears of War, Mass Effect, Halo and the like. Now the only reason I could think of that would make these movies a success is that they have a extremely large fanbase to support their sales. Then, out of nowhere, I thought," What if we ( not SF, maybe some random director) were to take Por and RD and mesh them together, except the only thing will be that they won't use any of the character's names in the game. It could be "just another movie" to a non-FE person. In other words, let the plot speak for itself and not rely on the video game fanbase to support it. Do you think it would become a success?

Edited by Donatello

No, after the Fire Emblem falinime, I don't think we need a movie, Gear's of War, and Halo fit the hollywood movie scene since it's going to be a violent blood-bath with a bad storyline

No, after the Fire Emblem falinime, I don't think we need a movie, Gear's of War, and Halo fit the hollywood movie scene since it's going to be a violent blood-bath with a bad storyline

No but you make it sound like the movie 300 which was just awsome

Sad, but true. ( I really can't express in words how horrible that is)

Hey! What about the 300 idea! That would make a cool FE movie.

They can even place them in a giant grid.

If you can't tell I'm joking about the grid idea please develop a sense of humor. ;)

LOL!

reminds me of the Mine Sweeper Movie Trailer (youtube it or something)

I would much rather have FE be an anime though

Oh well, there goes another topic. Now all there's left to do is to fetch the mortician...... (jk)

But I'm serious about this. I'm a newcomer to the FE world and after I played RD I thought it was capable of becoming a full-fledged epic. It may not become another "The Shawshank Redemption" or "Hotel Rwanda", but I think it has potential.

@Myrhh, you really think it will do better in anime form? Hmmm, I guess. I thought it would always be fun to take the plot of a video game with an awesome plot and put it in a movie and let the story speak for itself without using any video game references to show the critics that video games are just as enthralling as successful movies. I figure that if we remove the label "video game", it will remove the negative stigma as well, therefore bridging the gap between video games and mainstream movies( although that's already in the process of happening, if very slowly)

Still no responses on the 300 idea!? Seriously have you guys/gals seen that movie it will give the action that FE needs badly.

Not the same thing as 300 but something like it I think would do a good job.

Really, not really a Fire Emblem movie, but they might try the anime thing again. The first try didn't seem that bad, but the company apparently had financial issues. If a company without those problems try to make one, then my dreams of a Fire Emblem 6/7 anime would come true. If that happens, they better not portray Lyn as some super tough amazonish type woman. Lyn's English voice acting was bad enough.

I think I am being misunderstood( probably shouldn't have posted this in FftF.) I am not some anxiety-ridden teenager wishing to fulfill his hopes and dreams by creating a movie of a video game he played out of sheer boredom because his parents weren't home(sound familiar?). FE 10 had one of the best stories I have ever read IMO, and I think if it could be given a more modern feel, maybe it could work.

Still no responses on the 300 idea!? Seriously have you guys/gals seen that movie it will give the action that FE needs badly.

Not the same thing as 300 but something like it I think would do a good job.

A FE movie directed exactly like 300 would not work, their respective worlds are too different. I can understand if you wanted the quality of a FE film to match that of 300 though.

I think I am being misunderstood( probably shouldn't have posted this in FftF.) I am not some anxiety-ridden teenager wishing to fulfill his hopes and dreams by creating a movie of a video game he played out of sheer boredom because his parents weren't home(sound familiar?). FE 10 had one of the best stories I have ever read IMO, and I think if it could be given a more modern feel, maybe it could work.

RD didn't have the BEST story ever. :/

A FE movie directed exactly like 300 would not work, their respective worlds are too different. I can understand if you wanted the quality of a FE film to match that of 300 though.

2 line= what I'm trying to say. 300 had a lot of action, if the filmakers can some how make a FE movie with a lot of action it would be genius. But no one would watch it beacause no one even know about FE but us. I'll bet I'm the only one in the entire Saugus High that plays it. They need a gimmick maybe marth and roy jumping off a bridge or something in real life.

(It won't be live so they could fake it on tv.) Great idea... probably not ;)