Does Wrath work on the Supporting Partner?

Does anyone know for certain? One reason I think it does not is because the premise behind Wrath is giving +crit for being endangered. Allowing Wrath to take effect for a supporting pair would be giving a free Wrath to that unit, so to speak. Second, I seem to remember Wrath having an animation (at least on the world map) when it triggers, meaning it might be treated like skills such as Astra or Ignis that cannot trigger on the supporting pair.

I presume it only triggers for the supporting unit, however? That is, it only raises their crit on Dual Attacks, and not the crit of the lead unit on their regular ones.

I presume it only triggers for the supporting unit, however? That is, it only raises their crit on Dual Attacks, and not the crit of the lead unit on their regular ones.

I'd say that's the case (don't use Wrath myself, as this game's version of Wrath is the worst by far).

Wrath has no animation as long as I remember, and since it's a passive skill probably it will work.

Wrath indeed activates when it's on the supporting unit, provided the supporting unit is at <50% HP.

If you know for certain that Wrath works, then can you please explain how you came to the conclusion? Being at < half HP does not change the displayed crit rating, whether the Wrath unit is supporting or leading, although the battle summary does show the increased crit chance if the Wrath unit is leading. This leads me to believe Wrath is something that gets triggered when the unit enters combat. Although the in-game description does not preclude Wrath having an effect on the supporting half, there are enough skills that do not work from the supporting position that I don't think you can go by the in-game description.

I hope I don't come across as contentious. I just want to find out whether the answer to my question is commonly known and not merely assumed.

If you know for certain that Wrath works, then can you please explain how you came to the conclusion? Being at < half HP does not change the displayed crit rating, whether the Wrath unit is supporting or leading, although the battle summary does show the increased crit chance if the Wrath unit is leading. This leads me to believe Wrath is something that gets triggered when the unit enters combat. Although the in-game description does not preclude Wrath having an effect on the supporting half, there are enough skills that do not work from the supporting position that I don't think you can go by the in-game description.

I hope I don't come across as contentious. I just want to find out whether the answer to my question is commonly known and not merely assumed.

Armsthrift works for sure but Vengeance doesn't seem to. I haven't make a character get more than 100% crit (to bypass enemy luck) to test Wrath. I'll eventually try it with a male Sorcerer (he'll need to be a he to get all the skills) with Zeal+Gamble+Focus+Wrath+Armsthrift (the latter to minimize weapon comsumption, the other ones should net him +25 critical over 50%HP) attacking with a Crit/Hit-forged Ruin (75Hit 65Crit). If after many many tries, the supporting character only lands critical hit it would be fairly safe to state that it's because Wrath activates on supporting characters as well.