FE7 Hack

Blitzzurger96

Okay so, this is, obviously an FE7 hack, but i only made the prologue, so, enjoy this prologue only patch which has some errors, and i already know some of them.

FE7 Prologue Only Patch

You need to have a 4shared account to download.

Credits:

Blazer/Burning Gravity: Ultimate Tutorial, help with music hacking

Zeld/Xeld/7eld/Hexator: FEditor

Arch: Event Hacking Tutorials

Nintenlord: Event assembler

Props to whoever made tiled

Me: Hacking, palettes, portraits, maps

risingSolaris: Portraits

Anyone else who helped should comment and I'll fix this post

You people who downloaded this patch.

Edited by Blitzzurger96

Any screens? Is there a plot? Is this just an edit of FE7 or a new story with new characters?

EDIT: All right, so I've played it. The plot is new, some sprites have already been replaced, and you even have a MU character of sorts(Who claims that they can use swords but can't, and also switches sprites randomly). The map is not very good, just shops that have no purpose and three enemies that can easily be defeated. The plot itself itself is a bit confusing, the text skips don't help. So maybe once you spruce everything up a bit more this hack can get somewhere. A start would be maybe making it so that one of the character's isn't literally Mercenary Sain.

Edited by Shugey

Any screens? Is there a plot? Is this just an edit of FE7 or a new story with new characters?

EDIT: All right, so I've played it. The plot is new, some sprites have already been replaced, and you even have a MU character of sorts(Who claims that they can use swords but can't, and also switches sprites randomly). The map is not very good, just shops that have no purpose and three enemies that can easily be defeated. The plot itself itself is a bit confusing, the text skips don't help. So maybe once you spruce everything up a bit more this hack can get somewhere. A start would be maybe making it so that one of the character's isn't literally Mercenary Sain.

Okay, yeah, i was in a mess when i uploaded the patch, so there are some inaccurate text, but i don't get what you mean by text skips, and Mercenary Sain.

Sometimes the text scrolls automatically, making it skip over the dialogue. The other thing is that a character in this was a Mercenary who was not only names Sain, but had his portrait, description, and general personality.

You wanna put some pictures up hun?

You wanna know what happened to my events or something else? Because, it seems after i uploaded the patch, my events started glitching, like, Batta and his men don't load on the map, even if i specifically said "LOU1 Bad/ENUN/xxxxxxxx" Where x = other events i put in there and / equals enter bar once.

You wanna know what happened to my events or something else? Because, it seems after i uploaded the patch, my events started glitching, like, Batta and his men don't load on the map, even if i specifically said "LOU1 Bad/ENUN/xxxxxxxx" Where x = other events i put in there and / equals enter bar once.

He's not asking that. He's asking if you could show us some gameplay pictures of your hack.

Well, it wouldn't do anyone much good, because, as i said, no enemies appear at all. Well, here are some screenshots of said problem. (Not that anyone cares or not.) And some other stuff. Will switch Sain's portrait for Blake's portrait. combo_by_blitzzurger96-d60f1cu.png

• 1 month later...

Best of luck, dude.

Most of us here are glad to help anybody who's willing to put in the time and effort to make their own ROM hacks, so know you have support; we (generally) just hate lazy people who expect everybody else to do it for them.

May your hack be as awesome as you wish it to be. d(^.^)b