Loading Ilyana

(seeing how the community is rather contenute, someone has probably already saw this topic recently on GameFAQ)

I'm ready to do 1-E endgame, what should I give to Ilyana? I heard in part 3 you don't get a lot of money so the blue gem is a must.. What else?

Give her all the gems you found, since the Dawn Brigade doesn't really have money problems.

I don't know what else though, Maybe some high-rank weapons if you want the Greil Mercenaries to use them.

Okay then.... Well if the DB had money problems too then I would've quitted the game already :O

I have a very good Edward so the Brave Sword rests, I was thinking about giving Pass to Nailah to get the chests before the thieves so I should reconsider my strategy... Oh, and why does everyone suggest Celerity?

All right... I charged her with Elthunder, personal tome Neon, Blue Gem, Celerity, Olivi Grass, Arms Scroll to sell, Master Seal because I forgot about that and promoted Jill by BEXP, and some GM could use it.

But there's another question: Paragon. I'd like to still use Ilyana but every Greil Merc is at a higher level (she's 1 promoted) so paragon might help. But I don't wanna leave the DB without either, to keep someone with good defence at good level. Can I remove Geoffrey's Paragon to give it to Neph, Brom or Heather so I won't leave the DB without it? KEEP IN MIND: I'm gonna abuse the Priest in 1-E a bit to train Fiona and the others, I'll just use one or two Bronze Weapons each (aside for Fiona).

Ilyana, like any other Sage, is pretty bad in this game (after 1-4 or so). Taking Geoff's Paragon is a good idea, and if you want to get a lot of levels on any of the DBs, then keeping Paragon with them isn't a bad idea, and could make a difference in the 3 or so maps they have in Part 3.

Master Seal only works on tier 1 units, so if you send it to GMs, might as well sell it. These folks need Crowns instead.

With that grinding strategy you mention, you shouldn't have any problem with getting experience, but I wouldn't waste my time on units like Fiona if I were you.

All right... I charged her with Elthunder, personal tome Neon, Blue Gem, Celerity, Olivi Grass, Arms Scroll to sell, Master Seal because I forgot about that and promoted Jill by BEXP, and some GM could use it.

But there's another question: Paragon. I'd like to still use Ilyana but every Greil Merc is at a higher level (she's 1 promoted) so paragon might help. But I don't wanna leave the DB without either, to keep someone with good defence at good level. Can I remove Geoffrey's Paragon to give it to Neph, Brom or Heather so I won't leave the DB without it? KEEP IN MIND: I'm gonna abuse the Priest in 1-E a bit to train Fiona and the others, I'll just use one or two Bronze Weapons each (aside for Fiona).

Unfortunately, you can't remove skills in part 2.

Oh damn me, I wasted 1000BEXP for nothing becuase I forgot the Seal in the convoy then.. They're unsellable too, so Hi There Wasted Convoy Space.

I've a sort of... Affection to Ilyana. Not for her one-dimensional personality mind you, but she was in my PoR's endgame.. And her growths aren't actually bad, much better than PoR's. I'm playing Normal too, so I can permit training a not-so-great character without much consequences...

Yeah you right about Fiona, but I followed a LP where the user actually trained Fiona and became a really great unit, and she's good innate skills and Earth affinity too, and I'm not gonna train Cavaliers but maybe Oscar... And I'm not wasting exp because I'm abusing (BTW Stone raises defence by ten right? So a petrified Priest with 16 total defence is affordable by a base level Fiona with 8 STR and a Steel Lance right? I don't wanna get my ass bitten because I'm gonna abuse at the whole end of the capter).

Thanks God for Geoffrey, I didn't want to screw myself because, who knows, locked skills (he's a sort of Lord character for some chapters if I'm not mistaken).

EDIT Just saw Levant post. Damn. I guess I'll have to choose huh... I'm gonna abuse 1-E, so Ilyana it is I believe.

Edited by cloudropis

if you have a spare seal, promote her and equip a skill you don't plan on using with the DB.

load her up with all items that are worth over 1k (gems/silver lance for example) fill up on other skills the DB won't be using (make sure they keep that beastfoe!) and otherwise fill up on vulneraries.

*uberfacepalm* of course I had a spared master seal, that was for Fiona! How could I forget?!

I gave her the aforementioned stuff IIRC, I'm already at part 2-E (hateithateithateit). I trained the DB to Lance Paladin Fiona, Lv5 Nolan, Jill, Aran and Lv8 Edward. Oh right, I left paragon with the DB because of convoy union in 3-11, there I'll get Astrid's and Geoffrey's.