Frustrating Maps, Go!

Vashiane

Tiki's Paralogue is just really poorly designed, from the bland layout to the braindead AI. The least un-fun way to beat it is by skipping through it with Rescue.

Although it's nice to look at, C16 is kind of annoying to play through if you're not Rescue-skipping; looking only at the top screen can make it confusing to distinguish between traversable (for ground units) and untraversable terrain, forcing to to flip back and forth between the two screens. C18 has a similar problem (for me) in that the lava motif makes it difficult to see highlighted enemy attack range.

C23 favors superunits more than it favors carefully thought-out positioning--actually, I guess many levels in the game are like this, but C23 is the worst offender by far.

I actually like C21; if you're deploying a full team, it forces you to actively use everybody to take out important threats.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiki's Chapter, Braindead Al? I don't remember any other Al having such a brilliant simple Al that works well to stop you from completing the mission in good health. I like to consider them smart***es who knows not to-bomb your group.

Edited by RedStar

Tiki's Paralogue is just really poorly designed, from the bland layout to the braindead AI. The least un-fun way to beat it is by skipping through it with Rescue.

Although it's nice to look at, C16 is kind of annoying to play through if you're not Rescue-skipping; looking only at the top screen can make it confusing to distinguish between traversable (for ground units) and untraversable terrain, forcing to to flip back and forth between the two screens. C18 has a similar problem (for me) in that the lava motif makes it difficult to see highlighted enemy attack range.

C23 favors superunits more than it favors carefully thought-out positioning--actually, I guess many levels in the game are like this, but C23 is the worst offender by far.

I actually like C21; if you're deploying a full team, it forces you to actively use everybody to take out important threats.

Ooh, yeah. My sis said 21 gave her a hard time, but she got through it with most of her units intact.

'Course she plays on Casual, so. She goes through the game a lot faster than I do because she just rushes stuff and waits for them to resurrect.

And about the six thing... she at first didn't know Gaius was recruitable, so she just killed him the first time. When she reset and played it back, Gaius rushed Freddy.

Yeah, I told her to quarantine him in a corner while Chrom nabs Gaius, then have him dart out and start stabbing. Me, I just made a blockade on the stairs on both sides, had Maribelle on one side and Lissa on the other being the blockade for healing, and just counter-killed everything that touched them. Then swarmed the bottom floor and waited for Validar. No one got NEAR Emmeryn, so I had no idea she could die.

I'll just repeat that... although I gotta remember who I used...

I got a good one. Block Tiki off completely. It's what I do - block off Tiki from any enemy attack and let the Risen crash against my IRON WALL.

Yeah i do that more or less. I like fighting those guys so my guys can get EXP. Also dont Pair Up. Just put S or high supported guys next to each other so theres no opening around Tiki.

Freaking Paralogue 19. Either the reinforcements screw me over or Walhart gets murdered by MU/murders Gregor or Owain or Cordelia or someone.

Infinitie Regalia is also really annoying. MU, Chrom, and their families are the only ones allowed to attack anyone, everyone else is along for support or healing. Anytime I even get near the chests, freaking Tigris pops in with Counter to kill someone.

Chapter 5 with the reinforcements and the wyvern knights is probably my least favorite on hard and up. I found the map with all the mire reinforcements pretty annoying too. Oh, and fort Steiger. not fun.

Oh DLC chapters?

Rogues and Redeemers 1. Holy crap. R&R2, i actually beat the first time i tried it but R&R1 took me many tries. What a bunch of jerks those guys are. It took a very broken Morgs and a Gerome with two breaker skills to kick that map's ass.

So far, Brady's chapter is the most annoying because of the layout... It's like, wtf, so many narrow walls and it's not like there's multiple doors you can open. The fastest way to defeat the map is with ranged attackers and then that's like... no exp for your melee. Or barely any.

I can't speak for Hard mode and above for maps, but I bet I'll hate Brady's chapter even more on higher difficulties mode. But for Normal, the other maps are either easy or so-so... Maybe because I'm grinding for nothing (besides DLC?) but eh.

Maybe a little of the endgame chapter, but only because I'm so faaaar from Grima. Which is the point, I guess.

@Owain Dark: I'm guessing you just won't get her? I have yet to play that chapter, but I'm planning to in this play. Even if it's Normal. Didn't even think of the Rescue option. : D

Oh DLC chapters?

Rogues and Redeemers 1. Holy crap. R&R2, i actually beat the first time i tried it but R&R1 took me many tries. What a bunch of jerks those guys are. It took a very broken Morgs and a Gerome with two breaker skills to kick that map's ass.

R&R1 wasn't that big of a pain for me, I just had to restart it once and the only difference in my strategy was keeping Lissa off Narshen's reach. Too many green casualties though...

Yeah what genius decided to have reinforcements spawn in the upper northeast right as Severa talks to Holland?

It was kind of obvious. Just have the peeps you send to not have her suicide cover the stairs.

I don't think Holland attacks anyone in his range, at least as far as I remember from both times I played the map.

He doesn't? Hmmm... that means I could just open the door to where Holland is without worry.

Yeah what genius decided to have reinforcements spawn in the upper northeast right as Severa talks to Holland?

Well, that's nothing new to me - the same thing happens with Marisa in Eir route in FE8, but that's neither here nor there. At least you can block off the ones that show up once Severa's on your side.

Or..you could like, get Severa over there before the turn where the reinforcements arrive. Mounted unit over there with a Lissa or staffie and Rescue Severa's snarky little butt over there. :B