Do you have a strike team

Serene

Gino, Fox, stop ripping at each other.

First Gino, Priscilla is by fact no means bad. Sure, her stats on average won't make her a elite warrior, but you seem to forget healing utility. Her class alone helps her be your best healer in the entire game. Also, she has Anima when she promotes, so she does have some combat capabilities. As for the speed complaint don't forget Blazing Sword has the slowest set of enemies in the series, besides Sacred Stoners, which has the overall weakest set. Besides, there are folks like Marcus, Wallace, and Dorcas who are much slower than dear Priscilla. Even then, she still does actually dodge quite nice, thanks to massive Luck. Priscilla by fact is no where near a terrible unit, go speak to Karla or Wallace for that.

Fox, if you proclaim a character being great in a way that sounds like it's a fact, don't expect it to go unchallenged. It seems you always get all offended when somebody says something mean about a character you like. When I first went to Fire Emblem Planet, they were ripping my dear Nino (not so much her anymore, they found a way that she's useful in ranks) and Lilina apart. I was devestated, but I learned that both of them weren't nearly as great as I thought. While you're on the right track about Priscilla being great, when speaking averages, it isn't so much for combat. She really is good at dodging, thanks to high luck, though. You are right in that regards. You can use her as your strike team person for all I care, but on ranked runs, she isn't built for that, she's great for her healing utility. Remember that people don't have the same experiences as you, so don't be surprised if somebody doesn't like a character you don't like. Odds are, they're either being biased or speaking based on ranked runs, which is why statistically good folks like Dart (kills funds rank) or Shin (makes you go to Sacae, a rank killer) aren't considered good. Also, that's why statistically poor folks like Old Marcus are considered quite useful. In his case, in Hard Mode, he can set up kills for your low leveled people, since they join in a situation where they're likely to get their butts kicked. Also, your not taking Hard Mode to account, when truely determining whether a character is good or not, it makes all the difference. It won't mean a thing if you're great in Normal Mode, but dismal when Hard Mode comes around. (Lilina comes to mind, the poor girl)

I am done, may you two be at peace with each other.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems you always get all offended when somebody says something mean about a character you like. When I first went to Fire Emblem Planet, they were ripping my dear Nino (not so much her anymore, they found a way that she's useful in ranks) and Lilina apart. I was devestated, but I learned that both of them weren't nearly as great as I thought. While you're on the right track about Priscilla being great, when speaking averages, it isn't so much for combat. She really is good at dodging, thanks to high luck, though. You are right in that regards. You can use her as your strike team person for all I care, but on ranked runs, she isn't built for that, she's great for her healing utility. Remember that people don't have the same experiences as you, so don't be surprised if somebody doesn't like a character you don't like. Odds are, they're either being biased or speaking based on ranked runs, which is why statistically good folks like Dart (kills funds rank) or Shin (makes you go to Sacae, a rank killer) aren't considered good. Also, that's why statistically poor folks like Old Marcus are considered quite useful. In his case, in Hard Mode, he can set up kills for your low leveled people, since they join in a situation where they're likely to get their butts kicked. Also, your not taking Hard Mode to account, when truely determining whether a character is good or not, it makes all the difference. It won't mean a thing if you're great in Normal Mode, but dismal when Hard Mode comes around. (Lilina comes to mind, the poor girl)

I completely understand what you are saying. The thing is, I tend to feel an obligation to defend my opinion, especially in this regard. He flat out insulted my favorite character, and for no good reason.

Fox, if you proclaim a character being great in a way that sounds like it's a fact, don't expect it to go unchallenged.

If this topic had been about Priscilla'a greatness, I would expect it. This is about your strike team, though. I told everyone that she is often a one-woman strike team for me. What does Gino do? He has to go telling me I'm wrong, Priscilla sucks. I can't stand for that.

I also understand what you said about Hard mode and ranked runs, that makes sense. Thing is.... I've used her for both and she has still been a great help. People don't tend to do those runs as often, though.

Yeah, I get into more arguments on this forum than others... I don't regret any, though. Like I said, I feel obligated to defend my opinion, especially when it's so blatantly insulted.

Some people enjoy going for ranks. :[

Anyway, I don't have any specific strike teams. I usually send whoever happens to be available to deal with whatever problems that may arise.

Ah the Gino, Fox debates are back in session I needed long entertaining reads again.

Back on topic: FE7 is a bit more varied for me while Josh and Marisa are always my stirke

My strike teams besides Ike and Soren are pretty much most sibling units in any game (3 brothers in PoR and RD, the pegasus knight sisters, Dart and Rebecca, Raven and Priscilla, etc.)

Then why does she always dodge like a Swordmaster for me? I said before, she's had too many opportunities to let me down (I'd guess about 25-30), so don't go PEMN'ing me. Like I ALSO said, she was my saviour on HHM. She kept everyone alive and was perfect on the front line. And everyone cares so much about rankings, they MUST be going to 32x all the freaking time.

Do you have solid evidence to prove that this existance it true or not? Because I find this hard to believe and saying this won't convince me.

And it is like I said, most people perfer rankings because to get the understanding of the game's existance. FE is a stratigic game.

First Gino, Priscilla is by fact no means bad. Sure, her stats on average won't make her a elite warrior, but you seem to forget healing utility. Her class alone helps her be your best healer in the entire game. Also, she has Anima when she promotes, so she does have some combat capabilities. As for the speed complaint don't forget Blazing Sword has the slowest set of enemies in the series, besides Sacred Stoners, which has the overall weakest set. Besides, there are folks like Marcus, Wallace, and Dorcas who are much slower than dear Priscilla. Even then, she still does actually dodge quite nice, thanks to massive Luck. Priscilla by fact is no where near a terrible unit, go speak to Karla or Wallace for that.

That is actually a fair point. And not to get you wrong or anything but, she is made of healer. Which means shes hard to level up.

Edited by Gino Weinberg

Do you have solid evidence to prove that this existance it true or not? Because I find this hard to believe and saying this won't convince me.

And it is like I said, most people perfer rankings because to get the understanding of the game's existance. FE is a stratigic game.

Why would I go defending her like this if it hadn't happened?

I doubt that. I bet many people on this board alone do not prefer ranked runs.

Why would I go defending her like this if it hadn't happened?

So that means you have no evidence then. I need actual proof whether or not is what you said is true that Priscilla can dodge like a Swordmaster. Pictures, videos, etc. Otherwise, your just lying to me and that this never happens at all.

Edited by Gino Weinberg

So that means you have no evidence then. I need actual proof whether or not is what you said is true that Priscilla can dodge like a Swordmaster. Pictures, videos, etc. Otherwise, your just lying to me and that this never happens at all.

That would be pretty retarded of me. Why would I defend a character and love her as much as I do if I thought she sucked? And besides, you can't technically "prove" that she is bad either. Why don't you try using her for once?

Sword of Seals: Dieck, Rutger, Fir and Clarine or Lance and Allen

Blazing Sword: Hector (you can just send him out by himself and he'll tank the whole map)

Sacred Stones: Ross, Gerik

Path of Radiance: Nephenee or Oscar and Kieran or Marcia w/ Full Guard

Basically I love to march heroes out front (I made Ross a hero), and let them just soak everything. They're just awesome units. And Nephenee just speaks for herself, with Wrath she's so so powerful if she actually gets hit (which she never does).

Well my strike team in FE7 includes Lyn, Hector, Rath, Legault, Raven, PRISCILLA, Dart, Rebecca, Erk, Pent, Canas, Oswin, Fiora and occasionaly Dorcas, Florina and Sain

And you can't technically prove that she can dodge like a Swordmaster meaning you have been owned and can't come with an arguement at all. How is that retarted? C'mon Fox, this is your chance to prove me wrong.

I keep videos of all my playthroughs that I used Priscilla in, so it will be easy to prove you wrong. /sarcasm

Oh, and would YOU defend someone and love them if you they usually sucked for you?

Because she was trying to prove that she can't dodge like a swordmaster. Yeah.

Priscilla has an alright speed growth, a downright good luck growth, and she starts out with fine bases in both for a level 3 unit. She might not be a swordmaster, but she's not a terrible dodger. Fox really likes her as a unit, so of course she'd exaggerate about her.

I think this conversation is done seeing as you failed to provide proof that she can't dodge like a swordmaster.

What a great reason. The fact that a few people on this thread alone use Priscilla obviously doesn't help my side of the argument at all. /obvious sarcasm

And once again, you can't prove a thing either.