New types?

Knife

I mostly play VGCs more than Smogon's OU and the like, and Togekiss is already huge in VGC for rare Follow Me support. Supposing Togekiss becomes Fairy/Flying, it'll likely become even more prominent there, in addition to a probable return to OU after it's Gen V descent. Unless they make something new with the same typing that does it better.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not even sure all these pokemons are gonna be fairy type, it's just that their egg group is fairy. Like, Gardevoir is fairy type and isn't part of the fairy egg group... Plus I doubt they would change Pikachu's type after so long of it being the iconic electricity mouse...

I mostly play VGCs more than Smogon's OU and the like, and Togekiss is already huge in VGC for rare Follow Me support. Supposing Togekiss becomes Fairy/Flying, it'll likely become even more prominent there, in addition to a probable return to OU after it's Gen V descent. Unless they make something new with the same typing that does it better.

Togetic would be good addtion for another strong, good stat Fairy type besides Gardevoir. With excellent move pool, Togetic would be a force to be reckoned with. Togetic as Fairy type would be more prominent than Blissey as Fairy type I think.

Pikachu and Breloom going Fairy sounds interesting.

I couldn't see Breloom as fairy, because it already dual typed Grass/Fighting yes?

Togetic would be good addtion for another strong, good stat Fairy type besides Gardevoir. With excellent move pool, Togetic would be a force to be reckoned with. Togetic as Fairy type would be more prominent than Blissey as Fairy type I think.

I couldn't see Breloom as fairy, because it already dual typed Grass/Fighting yes?

Well, Togetic is already Normal/Flying yes?

Well, Togetic is already Normal/Flying yes?

Oh yeah, damn right -_-

So far, we only see Fairy-type as Spec. Attack sweeper. If there is need one physical sweeper, then Breelom as Graff/Fairy would be a good choice.

But then again, the probability of Togetic turned into Fairy/Flying is higher since it is more "Faerie-ish" compared to Breloom that resemble "boxing raptor kangaroo".

I wonder how much old Pokemon would receive type change.

I understand what you mean; it is too easy to perceive normal as a sort of "non-type".

Anyway, I can think of only instance where a Pokemon received a type change - Magnemite/ton from electric to electric/steel. Correct me if I'm missing something. So the precedent of replacing or removing a typing has yet to be set.

Yes, untill now, even after Fairy-type announcement, actual type chang is more like type addition. The introduction of Steel only change Magnemite, so you are not missing anything. The change is massive, so many Pokemon are fitting to be part of Fairy-type (Bannette and Shuppet comes to mind as Ghost/Fairy), so I hope Game Freak wouldn't play safe by keeping dual-type Pokemon that actually belong to Fairy as it is, like Togetic and Jirachi (should be Steel/Fairy).

Gamefreak HAS altered typing before by removing a type and replacing it with another. However, it was done only for the Rotom appliance forms and Rotom could always return to his normal Ghost-Electric form. The appliances otherwise overwrite ghost type with the typing of the signature move of each form (ie washer Rotom with hydro pump is water/electric)

Rumour has it that Mawile will have fairy added to its typing, presumably giving us a Steel/Fairy type. Interesting that Gamefreak would classify something modeled after the kuchisake-onna as a fairy if it's true.

Gamefreak HAS altered typing before by removing a type and replacing it with another. However, it was done only for the Rotom appliance forms and Rotom could always return to his normal Ghost-Electric form. The appliances otherwise overwrite ghost type with the typing of the signature move of each form (ie washer Rotom with hydro pump is water/electric)

I was going to say that even if they'd never removed one typing to put in another before, that wouldn't mean they won't now (especially for Normal). But then you pointed out that they actually HAVE, which is even better.