Avatar Logbook time paradox (useless exploit)

Rambo M

Ok, the sequence of events went like thus:

> Fighting spotpass teams without saving for fun

> Beat Narcian, choose not to recruit him

> MU dies to Oliver in humilating fashion*, Game Over

> Return to title screen, load up save

> Narcian is still in the logbook, somehow, despite everything else being what it was before I summoned him

> Soft reset

> Narcian is gone from the logbook. (Strangely fitting.)

Thought i'd share this interesting loophole, although it's pointless - recruiting someone from the logbook costs like twice as much as it does on the map, so other than being able to, I guess, record streetpass MUs for a later date without losing anything, you gain nothing.

Before you think of it, I also tried recruiting the unit you beat and then getting the game over. They don't stay in the party. Too bad.

(* I was trying to show off when the fat man proc'd Vengeance at 5 HP left. Ow.)

Not actually useless. A use for this exploit is detailed here, under "Infinite stat ups for legacy characters/guest Avatars"

I was under the impression that was a seperate flaw in the system? This one doesn't involve saving at any point and even a trip back to the title screen didn't erase Narcian from the logbook; only hitting L+R+Start did.

Wow. I need to read better. That's what I get for posting when I'm in a hurry. Sorry about that.

You're right though, that does seem considerably more useless.

EDIT:

> Narcian is gone from the logbook. (Strangely fitting.)

And nothing of value was lost - I certainly wouldn't want Narcian in my Logbook. :P:

For what it's worth, I hate Oliver, even in this game - in R&R3, he killed Morgan twice. Stupid Luna. The third time, I moved just outside his range, and then hit him with a Brave Sword so he couldn't get a hit in.

Edited by Euklyd