Legend of Zelda series, which is the best?

Knight

The best Zelda  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best Zelda game?

• Legend of Zelda
    • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
    • Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    • Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
    • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest
    • Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
    • Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
    • Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    • Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
    • Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
    • Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
    • Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
    • Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    • Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    • Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
    • Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    • Link's Crossbow Training
    • Link and the Faces of Evil
    • Wand of Gamelon
    • Zelda's Adventure

Uh, the harp is not an accessory, and the Mogma Mitts had a bit of use in combat. But the Water Dragon's Scale and Fireshield Earrings I'll give you. Also, the Horse Call can be called an accessory if the Water Dragon's Scale can.

Also, I really liked both the Earth Temple and Fire Sanctuary, but probably because I'm a bit of a pyromaniac...lol.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yahtzee seems to hate every game that comes to him, I consider his opinions honest, but I don't use his reviews to decide whether games are good, cause to him, small errors make games complete shit in his opinions.

Majora's Mask is the greatest imo.

The atmosphere is so dense - no other Zelda had this. The story was one of the better Zeldastories, the Masktransformations were something new and were great in terms of gameplay and variety. Some guys mentioned the sidequests already, especially the Lovers one was so awesome and touching.

The moon hangs threatening above you, staring at you with his red eyes - rarely you forget this threat. It's all depressing and stuff, same for most of the Sidequests. The Zora, the two Lovers or the little Girl with her dad in the east (the mountains.. I don't know the names anymore as it is already 10 years old), the game was so intense.

I have to add (although this isn't ontopic): Ocarina of Time is overrated like hell (it is still great, don't get me wrong - but it gets too much praise compared to other Zeldas ), I enjoyed Wind Waker although it is totally different compared to MM and Twilight Princess was the worst I've experienced.

Well, LttP has gotten a surprising surge of votes, I better get back to actually completing it to see what the fuss is about.

Oh, funny. I love that Faces of Evi is actually an option here.

I've actually only played one Zelda game my entire life (I know, I know, I fail forever) and that was Skyward Sword. But I ended up watching a Let's Play on Majora's Mask, and the game just... stayed with me in a way no other video game has. I probably shouldn't be vocalizing an opinion since I've personally never played it (I don't and have never owned an N64, sadly) but I just... I seriously love it. The concept, the way it was done, the dark, realistic tone - how could I not?

Oh, funny. I love that Faces of Evi is actually an option here.

I've actually only played one Zelda game my entire life (I know, I know, I fail forever) and that was Skyward Sword. But I ended up watching a Let's Play on Majora's Mask, and the game just... stayed with me in a way no other video game has. I probably shouldn't be vocalizing an opinion since I've personally never played it (I don't and have never owned an N64, sadly) but I just... I seriously love it. The concept, the way it was done, the dark, realistic tone - how could I not?

Play them!

Well, LttP has gotten a surprising surge of votes, I better get back to actually completing it to see what the fuss is about.

Even if LttP isn't the best Zelda game, it could be considered the most quintessential. 90% of your modern Zelda ideas originated in LttP, and it has a strong opening that throws you right into the game, unlike more recent titles like TP and SS. It also introduced one of the first "dark worlds" of videogames. It started the tradition of convincing you that there are only 3 dungeons, then revealing that you're not even halfway to the end.

Personally (by far, especially in aesthetics), Wind Waker, and props to Majora's Mask for the effort at something (sorta) different. also, some bias points to the Oracle games

"Objectively?" Yeah, Link to the Past.

Edited by Rehab

Freeakin Ocarina of Time dudes thats like the THE Legend of Zelda. Me and my bros grew up with that game. I also loved Minish Cap that game is what made me a Zelda fan.

Freeakin Ocarina of Time dudes thats like the THE Legend of Zelda. Me and my bros grew up with that game. I also loved Minish Cap that game is what made me a Zelda fan.

Have you played Twilight Princess? I think you might like it.

I never enjoyed Ocarina of Time as much as pretty much all other 3D Zelda games, I still love the game, but I just find it lacks in so many areas that have been improved upon in other Zelda's, and it isn't unique enough for me to enjoy it as a whole.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like Link's Awakening, actually.

It's enjoyable and portable and I love the palette choices and the aesthetics and the whole thing is just cute and whimsical and fun. The gameplay is surprisingly smooth and fluid for such an old game, and there are all these neat little details and things you can do with items and stuff. Like Pegasus Boots and the Roc's Feather allowing you to jump further, lay a bomb immediately before firing and arrow and BLAM bomb arrow! (That's right, Link's Awakening has the debut of that feature, not Twilight Princess) And of course, there's Magic Powder, and the Hookshot, Shovel, the secret Boomerang (and pistol-whipping enemies with it)... I also found the dungeons pretty fun.

Plus you can get the enhanced DX rerelease on the 3DS for just $6.00. I think that's a pretty good deal for it.

I'm currently playing my brother's downloaded Link's Awakening. It's quite impressive for the first portable Zelda, but I don't think it lights a candle to Link to the Past. Spirit Tracks could have been my favorite portable Zelda, were it not for the fact that the train itself is, ironically, quite slow and boring. Seriously, if it went at double speed, the game would be entire hours shorter.

@Starlight36 I didn't know about bomb arrows in Link's Awakening, good to know!

Edited by Zera

• 2 months later...