Help needed! Save dongle questions

Does the save dongle work for the NA cartridge? I've searched this forum and people have said that it works, but from the post dates it looks like they are using the Japanese versions (since it's mostly from before NA release date)

I want to buy one of these because I'm paranoid about my 230hr save, but does it actually work without problems? (I heard simply backing up will ruin Paper Mario) Thank you!

It works completely fine for any region game.

I've been using it for both the Japanese version and the English version of Awakening.

You just have to make sure you're organized and not use the wrong backup for the wrong cartridge... though there's not really any adverse effects... you just waste like... 3 minutes time restoring a save that won't work. xD

Wait, there are "save dongles"? Can someone fill me in? I'm getting kinda paranoid as well...

It works completely fine for any region game.

I've been using it for both the Japanese version and the English version of Awakening.

You just have to make sure you're organized and not use the wrong backup for the wrong cartridge... though there's not really any adverse effects... you just waste like... 3 minutes time restoring a save that won't work. xD

THANK YOU!! I'll go and order one now :D Just making sure, what's the "brand" of the one you got? (This forum need a "thank" button)

Wait, there are "save dongles"? Can someone fill me in? I'm getting kinda paranoid as well...

Basically it's a usb device where you put in your cartridge, plug into your computer, and you can use a tool to copy your save from the cartridge onto the computer, and vice versa. This means you can have backups of your saves (no more accidental saving over files or "Wipe Data"), and also mean you can have infinite saves

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/SaveDongle.asp

I'm looking to get this one, but the website for this is kind of shady and not-updated (it's the r4 company). I'm asking a friend to order it through TaoBao (the Chinese equivalent of eBay) but I think you can order it from other online importers too.

I've done some googling and read that it destroys Paper Mario saves, but nothing negative about any other games, which is why I really need to ask this first.

Edited by sakura_candy

Ah, OK, thanks. Maybe I'll try it in the future with a game I care less about. Because as paranoid as I am about losing data, I'm even more paranoid about accidentally deleting my own data.

• 1 month later...

yes i did, to 1.03 firmware.

Izzit possible to get the bin anywhere since I can't run the dotnet stuff.

Mine currently a later version and I got the data structure error.

Don't want to reconfigure my system because I set it for my ps3 media server.

The official site state that they check mail everyday, but no replies from them for 2 days already. Very unprofessional.

Edit: Nobody else got the same problem or just don't have the dongle?

Edited by SirSalute