Are there any important speed caps to hit in this game?

Djing

Around 36 Speed ensures you can reach a point (with some boosting) where nothing in the game will double you. Around 45 Speed ensures you can double anything.

Depends on class obviously to know what the modifier should be. For example, Chrom!Inigo hits exactly 45 Speed as a Hero, as does Stahl!Severa. So one could say +3 is the necessary SPD modifier to ensure maximum doubling as a Hero. Faster classes need less SPD, slower classes need more. To make a Warrior viable for fighting the whopping three 70 SPD enemies in one map of one DLC, you'd need a SPD modifier of +5, meaning Stahl!Yarne is one SPD short.

Having more SPD than your class requires basically means you need fewer buffs to get there, i.e. you don't need a Speed Tonic or All Stats +2 if your SPD is 49. However, as I said, this mostly applies only to some of the fastest enemies in the game which take 66 SPD to not be doubled by them and 75 SPD to double them. Outside of that very narrow situation, SPD breakpoints are really not that big of a deal.

Cool. Thanks.

I noticed that most offensive builds for children usually end up with a speed cap of 45-46 without limit breaker.

I probably should have posted this in the "I just want to know one thing" thread.

Gates for not getting doubled:

78: [Absolute Fastest Needed for Vanilla game] Don't get doubled Lon'qu!Yarne!Morgan (Swordmaster or Assassin with Balmung/Yewfelle) (Rallied)

68: [Fastest Needed for Vanilla game] Don't get doubled Lon'qu!Yarne!Morgan (Swordmaster or Assassin with Balmung/Yewfelle)

66: Don't get doubled by TSON Snipers and Anna.

46: Don't get doubled by Jaffar and his ilk