How to complete Future Past 1 without any of the kids dying?

dnzrx

Future Past 1 is not that difficult,

if you're not planning to keep any of the children alive at the end.

But I was trying to beat the mission without anyone dying, and I could not.

Especially with Norie. She's weak enough that anyone that is attacking her will kill her.

I have many well trained characters be it main, spotpass, or DLC. I should have enough strong characters to beat the mission and save everyone, but I just could not save all of the children.

What are your strategies for beating the mission?

Grind the parents out first?

Heavy Galeforce abuse is also pretty useful to reach Noire in time and kill the Snipers who will attack her. Plug up the stairs to her south ASAP. Tomeslayer will be very useful on her when the Mire Sniper spawns, as it'll heavily reduce her chances of getting hit. (Note: I'm on Lunatic, so this stuff might not apply to you)

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Grind the parents out first?

Heavy Galeforce abuse is also pretty useful to reach Noire in time and kill the Snipers who will attack her. Plug up the stairs to her south ASAP. Tomeslayer will be very useful on her when the Mire Sniper spawns, as it'll heavily reduce her chances of getting hit.

This, pretty much.

And it sorta depends what mode you're playing, I guess. But either mode, I think the above post should/will work. I personally never had a Mire Sorcerer spawn as reinforcements, but I dunno if it's because it was Normal mode or I rushed fast enough (on Normal).

You'll need to take out the Longbow Snipers on turn 1, which almost requires Galeforce use. From there, you'll want to pick off the enemies in her room by turn 5 or so, blocking the staircases by turn 3 or 4 and leaving someone blocking the over-the-wall shot on her until those staircases are blocked, since they spawn Sages. The Mire Sorcerer spawns on one of the four staircases near Noire's room somewhere around turns 3-5 and he has a good chance of oneshotting Noire if her parents didn't have decent durability (even with some grinding, Tharja's Res tends toward "pretty bad").

Sorry for the vague information; I only let the sorcerer spawn once and I didn't pay attention to exactly which staircase or turn it was, my brain was mostly busy repeating "WTF WTF WTF" to itself when it saw Noire die to that.

There were I believe two mire sorcerer reinforcements; one near Noire and the other near Kjelle. I didn't have a problem with them since I took them out as soon as they spawn. The only problem I had was with Morgan because I hadn't exepected him to start moving; thankfully, the only child he targeted was Cynthia, and she had good resistance.