Advice for my Lunatic run

Jakkun

Another advice thread that I decided to put up because my Priam help thread got some pretty good responses that ultimately had me wiping the floor with his army. I thank you guys, but now I have a new problem:

I want to unlock Lunatic+ and eventually do that mode, so I need help getting through on a Lunatic/Casual file.

Also I need advice for a good Sorcorer build for my Avatar "Dharc" on that file.

He's got +Speed/-Strength, and I think a good skillset would be:

Astra

Miracle

Vantage

Armsthift

Counter (Placeholder skill)

He'd be using a forged Aversa's Night, which should have godlike synergy with Astra.

I also intend to marry Tharja on this playthrough.

and just like on my Priam thread, I dont have Limit Beak(er) -_-*.

So if you guys have any advice, skillsets for me, or anything in general, I would love to hear it! :D

You don't need any of that fancy stuff. Avatar on a standard Tactician/Dark Mage/Sorc path will wreck face in Lunatic, although taking a pitstop for Armsthrift will at least allow you to protect your pocketbook.

I have to warn you though, Lunatic+ will not allow any such tomfoolery, so don't learn any bad habits.

Alright. I think I'll just take some tim as a merc to pick up Armthrift.

My real problem is the "Frederick Emblem" portion of the game.

I cant survive it.

Feed as many kills as possible to Avatar in the early chapters. If you do it correctly, Avatar will be as strong or stronger than Fred by Ch3 or so.

For example, done correctly, you can get avatar every kill in Prologue except one or two Mercs and a mage. That will get you to level 5. If you are running +DEF/-LCK or something, with four level-ups under your belt you can just Pair-Up with Fred and man-mode the eff out of everything.

Also, if you absolutely need an "I win" button, I suggest Ignis, not Astra.

That will get you to level 5. If you are running +DEF/-LCK or something, with four level-ups under your belt you can just Pair-Up with Fred and man-mode the eff out of everything.

That +Def definitely helps you take out both barbarians in the prologue with just MU. Otherwise, you really need Chrom to take out one of them. Meh.

I want to unlock Lunatic+ and eventually do that mode, so I need help getting through on a Lunatic/Casual file.

Just be advised, beating Lunatic on Casual will only unlock Lunatic+ on Casual.

CasualLunaticPlusOnly.png

My real problem is the "Frederick Emblem" portion of the game.

I can't survive it.

I remember having the most trouble with Chapter 2. Which one in particular are you having trouble with?

That +Def definitely helps you take out both barbarians in the prologue with just MU. Otherwise, you really need Chrom to take out one of them. Meh.

I use Chrom as a decoy in Prologue. If you have him delay the right-hand Mercenary, it's pretty simple to have Fred weaken the starting Barbs, finish one off on Player Phase with Avatar, and the other on Enemy Phase.

My advise is to get on that pole and start grinding hard!

No but seriously just outwit the opponent, use pairs, and remember Frederick is not immortal in this mode. Also promote right at level 10 cause if your not going for a skill, then you're wasting exp.

Tier 1 reclasses (instead of promos) at level 10, however, are not bad; you only eat +4 cumulative levels. The ones you want to avoid are the promoted reclasses. Even Avatar slows down after a couple of those.

Edited by Interceptor

Counter is not nearly as good for the player as it is for the enemy. I would recommend not even considering that. Vantage + Vengeance is a much better combo, though since you're relying on healing even Vantage isn't all that important. So yeah, I'd agree with Integ if you want to take the Nos-tanking route; just go Tactician -> Dark Mage. A pit stop to Mercenary is fine, too, and it might even be a good idea to stay there and just use Sol instead of Nosferatu (though you won't want -Str if you do that).

Though to be completely honest, I think the best idea if you plan to have a team of at least 4 pairs of units would be to head straight for Rally Spectrum; it's an extremely useful skill. Veteran will get you there fast anyway, and Ignis is also a pretty nifty skill.

Seeing as your avatar is marrying Tharja, make use of Noire and her Bow rank. A powerful Bow user will have some good situational help on Lunatic. Actually, considering Noire here, -Str might not be a good idea at all. -Skl or -Lck would be a better choice.

Lastly, use Tiki. She hasn't been alive 3000 years for nothing.

Level 10 promotion gimps your EXP growth hard; there are benefits, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you know what you're doing.

Veteran. SPAM it!

Counter is not nearly as good for the player as it is for the enemy. I would recommend not even considering that. Vantage + Vengeance is a much better combo, though since you're relying on healing even Vantage isn't all that important. So yeah, I'd agree with Integ if you want to take the Nos-tanking route; just go Tactician -> Dark Mage. A pit stop to Mercenary is fine, too, and it might even be a good idea to stay there and just use Sol instead of Nosferatu (though you won't want -Str if you do that).

Counter is garbage. It doesn't benefit you at all like it does for the enemy. It is only useful if you plan to stay as a Sniper.

Though to be completely honest, I think the best idea if you plan to have a team of at least 4 pairs of units would be to head straight for Rally Spectrum; it's an extremely useful skill. Veteran will get you there fast anyway, and Ignis is also a pretty nifty skill.

It is a must that is if your going to expect to get through Walhart's minions first Chapter; Chapter 13. Since it is hard as shit without Rally Boosts.

Lastly, use Tiki. She hasn't been alive 3000 years for nothing.

This!

-----

And in the beginning, you want Chrom to get as much EXP as possible, as you won't get through some of the later chapters without him and since the last battle won't be manageable without the Falchion. It does bonus dmg. Others barely scratch it. And keep your troops paired up at all times as the enemies have horribly high speed in this mode. 10 at the very start. Jesus Christ!

This mode will have several chapters that will try to surround you as this mode has a nasty habit of doing that. Which they can easily get your weaker troops vurnerable. The only problem is that in the first and third chapters, Freddie is vurnerable to one of the foes who carries a Hammer. You want to hope to have Chrom strong enough at that point while Freddie can deal the finishing blow. To be honest, it will be a pain in many chapters as Rescue staff supplies are low and that gold isn't exactly much since you cannot get any of it in the skirmishes. The skirmishes are almost unmanageable. Period. So...you really can't forge either unless you pick up alot from Despoil.

Another advice thread that I decided to put up because my Priam help thread got some pretty good responses that ultimately had me wiping the floor with his army. I thank you guys, but now I have a new problem:

Also I need advice for a good Sorcorer build for my Avatar "Dharc" on that file.

He's got +Speed/-Strength, and I think a good skillset would be:

Astra

Miracle

Vantage

Armsthift

Counter (Placeholder skill)

He'd be using a forged Aversa's Night, which should have godlike synergy with Astra.

I also intend to marry Tharja on this playthrough.

and just like on my Priam thread, I dont have Limit Beak(er) -_-*.

So if you guys have any advice, skillsets for me, or anything in general, I would love to hear it! :D

Vengeance got BETTER synergy than Astra. And also Synergize with Vantage & Miracle. 100% activation if you have >50 Skill.

Add in Wrath instead of Counter will have stronger impact.

Adding defense/res lowers the effectiveness of counter, damage from counter means less life drained to heal.

Counter is good by itself and for spotpass, but most of the time it aids only a little.

Astra is dangerous against counter, enemy can close up to melee, not just you attacking them from range will keep you safe.

Anyway, the gameplay is about the same after you passed the first 5 chapters and less out the Risen around the map.

They give only 1exp, capped in stats and uses forged weapon, ignore them is the best effeciency.

Sorry for the late reply, my internet went down over the weekend.

@Shadowofchaos-I guess I'll be doing Lunatic/Classic then. And chapter 2 is the problem.

@Others-I intend on using Tiki, Morgan and Noire. My main route may be something like Tactician-Priest(Maybe)-Merc-Dark Mage. It seems from what you guys are saying, that Vantage & Astra are unnessecary and a waste of time. I really do want to get Miracle & Armstrift though. Vantage still seems nice. (By the way, Counter is there as a placeholder for Gamebrea--er, Limit Breaker for when I get Rouges & Redeemers, but spending time as a Warrior seems like a waste.)

But remember, I can only do this stuff AFTER I get past that dreadful Chapter 2.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I do have the Golden Pack, so I can forge and EXP feed characters who are falling behind (*cough*Donnel*cough*) after Chapter 4...speaking of Donnel, how will I survive his paralouge and recruit him?

And last question for now, but what build would be best for Sorcorer Dharc then, aside from +Speed/-Stength?

Edited by Luminous Dharc

What's the point of Miracle? Or Vantage? Avatar is strong enough, even in Lunatic, to have no need for either of those things. If your goal is just to unlock Lunatic+, a couple standard reclasses is more than enough.

Seriously, Avatar can solo vanilla Lunatic.

speaking of Donnel, how will I survive his paralouge and recruit him?

Surviving at all is only difficult if you want to keep the thieves from looting the chests, and even that is nothing a rush with a tanky Fred (add Kellam if necessary) can't solve.

Recruiting Donnel is as simple as luring over a single archer at a time, surrounding it with your units so that it can't move, and then bashing it with Donnel until it dies. Two archers should be more than enough to get Donnel a level up this way.

Chapter 4...speaking of Donnel, how will I survive his paralouge and recruit him?

Don't go to it immediately. Wait a while. The enemies there are stronger than in Ch 5.

And Miracle is a waste and a really bad idea. Why would you want your Avatar to spend 9 levels in a staff class for a skill that won't even guarantee your survival? (Unless you're grinding, in which case there's still no point but at least the time spent isn't a big deal)

I guess I'll wait till chapter 6-7 before I recruit Don then.

@Fox-I inted to grind a little bit, and I dont think Miracle isnt as bad as you're making it out to be.

Also, I finally got through that DREADED Chapter 2, thank God.