Supports are too slow...

topics go nowhere if nothing is irrelevent. But Fox brings up a good point. That and the fact that only 120 support points can be earned a chapter. I could have double the supports had that not been in.

It's not just that you have a support points limit per level (which slows things down), but it seems like a lot of characters only pick up +1 per turn, which means it takes a long, long time to collect supports.

In the other GBA games it seems like a lot of characters get +2 or +3 per turn, so everything clips along faster.

But for me too, it seems like all the characters I use don't support each other, and I'm lazy to swap in characters I don't usually use to get support points.

Huh? I actually found that they go FASTER in this game. Sword of Seals is one of the few games where I managed to get a bunch of support teams together without having to go too far out of my way.

No way, definitely not as easy as in something like Sacred Stones, where you also get "skirmish" maps to just get supports. On Sacred Stones I was pretty much able to max out supports on all of my characters (a couple were missing just because I didn't work everything right). In Sword of Seals, aside from Roy-Lilina, Alan-Lance, and Percival-Cecilia, it's taken forever to get it done. I've been working on Rutger-Dieck for what seems like forever and STILL don't have an A support.

But even without those, you can complete a boatload of supports in something like Sacred Stones early, because you get a lot of characters you can keep around for a long time right at the beginning. I was able to put together a lot of A supports with characters I planned on using throughout before chapter 8.

With Sword of Seals it seems like I had to keep removing people for better characters so my lineup was constantly changing. Plus the support limit made it difficult to just sit and spam supports. So I don't know, seemed very slow to me.

I found support bonuses much more useful in Sword of Seals because the enemies are actually competent, unlike Blazing Sword and especially Sacred Stones.