FE4 goodies

IF anyone can help witht he following,I would greatly appreciate it.

I ask of the following classes/characters (FE4 only):

Lachesis sprites (both promoted and unpromoted with all usuable weapon and dodging frames)

Great Knight

Leif sprites (both promoted and unpromoted with all usuable weapon and dodging frames)

Baron (all usuable weapon and dodging frames)

Paladin

Forrest

Forest Knight

Female Paladin

General (all usuable weapon and dodging frames)

Sage

Swordmaster (both male and female w/dodging frames)

Swanchika weapon frames (as seen in battle,ranged/up close)

And the sound files from FE4. This would be greatly appreciated.

If no one has them to give to you, you could always get them yourself. All you have to do is remove the graphic layers and take screenshots frame by frame. (Basically all that will actually appear on screen will be the battle sprites, so you'll need to erase the enemy battle sprite and keep the ones you want.)

This is quite easy actually, though it takes some time. Hopefully someone has what you need.

Dunno if you can use this. FE4 is absolute hell to rip.

[spoiler=Quick Great Knight w/ iron]

iQxAYf3L9gyfK.png

If you don't mind waiting, I can rip more. PM me if that is the case.

Also: I have no idea what you mean by "sound files". Sound FX or music?

If no one has them to give to you, you could always get them yourself. All you have to do is remove the graphic layers and take screenshots frame by frame. (Basically all that will actually appear on screen will be the battle sprites, so you'll need to erase the enemy battle sprite and keep the ones you want.)

This is quite easy actually, though it takes some time. Hopefully someone has what you need.

There is actually one more step involved with this method, which isn't quite so easy. If you disable all the backgrounds, everything beside the sprite layer should be the default black color. However, this default black (as in, completely black [FF FF FF]) is also the same color value used on the actual sprites for some of their outlines. So if you disable all the backgrounds, and then you make the absolute black a transparent layer, you'll inadvetantly change the actual outline of the sprite to also be transparent.

A way around this is to edit the palette of every battle background so that there is no absolute black. Hopefully this would allow that, as you remove all the backgrounds, you'll come to a color that won't be shared with the actual battle sprites.

A way around this is to edit the palette of every battle background so that there is no absolute black. Hopefully this would allow that, as you remove all the backgrounds, you'll come to a color that won't be shared with the actual battle sprites.

But that would require editing the emulator (or the game) and I doubt many people will be able to do that. Wouldn't manually adding the outline would be a better option?

and err... I didn't notice they even had outlines. Jeez, now I gotta fix it.

But that would require editing the emulator (or the game) and I doubt many people will be able to do that. Wouldn't manually adding the outline would be a better option?

and err... I didn't notice they even had outlines. Jeez, now I gotta fix it.

But then you run afoul of adding to the sprite, when you actually meant to be ripping, neutrally, the graphics. Even if it's a corrective act, it's very difficult to discern what ought to have an outline, what's authentic to the in-game sprite, and what parts of the sprite shouldn't have an outline.

For example, the Spriter's Resource has battle animation frames from FE2, but they added an outline that didn't exist. It's hard to discern whether to consider this a valid sprite rip once you've added stuff that didn't exist in the first place. Similarly, adding a corrective outline to the FE4 rip may add outlines where none would have been.

Edited by Celice

But then you run afoul of adding to the sprite, when you actually meant to be ripping, neutrally, the graphics. Even if it's a corrective act, it's very difficult to discern what ought to have an outline, what's authentic to the in-game sprite, and what parts of the sprite shouldn't have an outline.

For example, the Spriter's Resource has battle animation frames from FE2, but they added an outline that didn't exist. It's hard to discern whether to consider this a valid sprite rip once you've added stuff that didn't exist in the first place. Similarly, adding a corrective outline to the FE4 rip may add outlines where none would have been.

Yup, those would be mine. Though, in my defense, there is also an outline-less version right above that.

But I understand what you mean. The integrity of the sprite might be compromised but most animators want outlines and not just the sprites, because it would look strange otherwise. So some trade-off is required for games like FE4 as there is no surefire way of removing that horrid black background.

Edited by Canas

Yup, those would be mine. Though, in my defense, there is also an outline-less version right above that.

But I understand what you mean. The integrity of the sprite might be compromised but most animators want outlines and not just the sprites, because it would look strange otherwise. So some trade-off is required for games like FE4 as there is no surefire way of removing that horrid black background.

But there is at least one surefire method to rip sprites whilst also avoiding the black background, and I explained it. It's not actually that difficult of an edit to accomplish, either, mind you. Tedious perhaps, but I'd almost wager adding the outline to be even more tedious than telling the game not to draw that specific value of black on-screen.

In fact, I'm not completely familiar with how the SNES references data in its RAM, but if ZSNES savestates are any indication (they're direct dumps of the active RAM of the system), then the VRAM stores the active palettes for whatever graphics are being drawn on the screen. You can edit these palettes in-RAM via an action replay code or even direct RAM editing if your emulator supports this, cutting out the need to locate and edit the palette data within the ROM (which is helpful, considering the palette may be compressed or stored in some odd fashion or some other thing; whereas, in my experience and others, most things are loaded uncompressed into the VRAM whenever an asset is being used, and this would include a palette--you'll be able to edit it on the fly, as long as the game doesn't rereference the palette and reload the original over any changes you make).

Edited by Celice

Dunno if you can use this. FE4 is absolute hell to rip.

[spoiler=Quick Great Knight w/ iron]

iQxAYf3L9gyfK.png

If you don't mind waiting, I can rip more. PM me if that is the case.

Also: I have no idea what you mean by "sound files". Sound FX or music?

Thanks dude. I meant the sound effects used in the game. The music is a sinch to find. Lol

@Celice I honestly don`t really understand what you said. I`m sure that makes me sound like a simpleton, but I am not going to look at a game`s VRAM to change a palette anytime soon.

Thanks dude. I meant the sound effects used in the game. The music is a sinch to find. Lol

Errr... any sound effects in particular? Ripping all the sounds effects seems kinda excessive. Also:

[spoiler=Sage]

iQ6HysiOqzRmh.png

Edited by Canas