LTC

Espinosa

I got the four stat boosters you mentioned + a Hero Proof to promote Shigen in addition to Vega (Lionel takes the Knight Crest from C8).

Yeah, these three have to spread around the map to open all five chests, which is tough with the lava terrain + floating sperm monsters.

I just 13-turned map 16; it seems a 12-turn is possible if I move my Dancer all the way across east. Going to try it now. Long map, but one of the really challenging ones in this game.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i sent vega with runan, but i already promoted shigen and the hero proof that i just got in chapter 14 is going to go to samson. i guess another hero proof can't hurt for like, xeno or something.

do you bother trying to level up yuni at all? frontier fighter at L12 seems useful, but it's so far away given her abysmal combat...

Edited by dondon151

He's lucky to be the only playable Gold Knight, a class with very high base stats. There's also a GK boss whom you fight at the end of the game, who has lots of stats capped, a crapload of shields to reduce damage inflicted, defensive and some offensive skills and a 30% avoid bonus on his throne. Really looking forward to that one lol. Good thing you only have to beat him once.

There are also GKs randomly hanging around in the arena. In fact, the arena is worth trying in this game just for the hell of it because it's so different. Also fun if you want to see all the classes. It sometimes feels that tried really hard to introduce as many classes as possible without really making an effort to make them distinct and available to every player. Or maybe it's just the translation - why is Sasha's fighter a "Kings knight" when he is the King?

Thankfully, Ernst's weapons are rather shit.

Keep in mind that higher movement units have the advantage of going first in the arena. The higher the movement, the better it is, though Gale may cancel that. Richard, also being a King, is also a King's Knight (the only other I think, since King Temzin is a Swordmaster instead), so I'm guessing bad translation.

yeah i've for sure seen mage knights as enemies and in the arena, and i'm sad that there are no playable mage knights... i think.

anyway how does plum's dance skill work? the site implies that it doesn't always refresh the unit?

None playable indeed. Amusing fact though, enemy Mage Knights have no Magic growth and will remain at 3 forever. The chapter 34 Mage Knights are level 22 and still at base using Thunder of all spells.

I think Mel could've promoted to some sort of Mage Knight... Though I think they expected the player to use her as a Thunder Sword girl or something. Still, I mourn the loss of the only mounted healer on this run.

Promotions are kind of hit and miss for most characters though. Garo certainly would've liked something that could get him out of his 4 Movement.

The Thieves also have pretty decent Magic for what it's worth and I think grandjackal hyped the shit out of Wlv Plus Mahter so she can use the Thunder Sword ASAP.

Edited by Doga Blockovich

i sent vega with runan, but i already promoted shigen and the hero proof that i just got in chapter 14 is going to go to samson. i guess another hero proof can't hurt for like, xeno or something.

do you bother trying to level up yuni at all? frontier fighter at L12 seems useful, but it's so far away given her abysmal combat...

She has a ~15% or so chance of stealing an item when hitting an enemy, so I sometimes have her hit people when there are deployment slots.

Outside of that, she just opens chests in maps where that is applicable. In map 16, giving her a Power staff boost lets her KO an Opus of 1/2 max HP or less with an Estoc. She gained like 5 levels in map 16 on my 13-turn clear, lots of them in skill and speed and even a point of defence (5% proc).

Overall though, she's one of the characters who just can't fight (like Krisheenu, Rina, Bud and others).

A 12-turn clear is more or less figured out right now; going for an 11-turn clear now. Maybe tomorrow.

Boo hoo, 11-turn of map 16 impossible with 4 move Maerhen unless Lyria gets a refresh proc on Plum with Sing (she does have plenty of chances with a 10% probability though, talking about some 5-6 chances at least).

Even with my terribly elaborate strategy and direction of moving him around he is precisely 1 square away from that stupid last chest.

At least I've got the whole rest of the map figured out.

what did you end up doing with the chapter 15 skill houses? i know that you taught frontier fighter to holmes. also, doesn't that take an extra turn? do you get anything from plum visiting one of the houses?

EDIT: also, does anti-evil work against enemy dragons?

EDIT 2: hmm, i guess it's not that great, since it doesn't increase atk, only hit, crit, and avo

Edited by dondon151

i got 11 turns on chapter 16

i was kind of dumb to not bring vega on holmes's route, so i needed a bit of luck for this clear. i used samson instead of vega to kill the boss, and you don't have samson, either. i think you might need promoted barts and promoted vega for this map, then. i'm not sure how the calcs work out, but promoted vega can probably ORKO the boss with shramm and take little damage in return. i had to have a power staff'd samson crit the boss twice in a row with a scissor axe, and dodge once.

i took your advice with giving yuni an estoc and using the power staff on her so she could KO sperm at half HP. she basically soloed everything on her way to the top left chest. i think it's also pretty easy for her to dodge everything coming at her, but she can survive one attack from full HP.

i also strongly regret not getting a second estoc for holmes's team, because i was stuck with giving maerhen an iron sword and he had to hit enemies at 48 hit on his way to the chest in the marsh.

anyway, even with promoted barts and vega, if the boss keeps producing sperm, you're kind of in a tough spot because holmes can't counter and he needs to move as quickly as possible in order to reach the chests.

lastly, SKL plus from chapter 14 for maerhen could be preferable to a knight or hero crest

Edited by dondon151

My strat involved sending 2 6 move units to the left together with Holmes (SM Vega and Lionel with a move proc) to clear the way to the boss. Holmes had 12 Wlv to wield the Brave Bow, which 2HKOs the boss (the Opi are weak to arrows). Yuni receives the dance next. With 2 6 move units, Holmes never had a problem killing the boss and opening the mid and south chests without wasting time.

Did you teach Maerhen Frontier Fighter too? Because I can't for the life of me get him to the northeastern chest on turn 11 with 4 move without relying on Lyria giving Plum an extra turn. I have him start really close too, so I don't know what the problem is.

Yuni doesn't need the Estoc as much as Maerhen; in fact, she can get away with not fighting from my experience, as long as you have other dudes rush north.

Sierra, a Witch who re-Warp at will, is an efficient way to kill endgame bosses, and I think she appreciates the +9 boost to hit more than Maerhen does.

You probably figured that out already but you don't have to waste any turns on Frontier Fighter tutors in C15 if you access the Inn after the map is over. At least I think that is the case.

I haven't quite done it yet, but C16 is more or less reliably 11-turnable with FF on Holmes and Maerhen. Dunno how you got the same without Maerhen also getting the skill (unless you did).

edit: and I somehow missed AGI Plus as one of the prizes in C14. I grabbed POW, MAG, WLv and SKL stat boosters in addition to a Hero Proof on that map; would've taken an AGI Plus instead of the WLv one if I were more attentive.

Edited by Espinosa

hmm, i also sent 2 6 move units with holmes, but the problem was that due to the way i was dancing, i could only get samson to lead holmes while shigen trailed behind. shigen eventually caught up because holmes and samson were going through the forest while i had shigen walk around. however, i think one positioning change could have alleviated this problem because i actually miscounted and had yuni reach the northwest chest by turn 10 instead of 11. so if i had just moved her to a far position and replaced her with shigen, i would have had 2 6 move units leading holmes. (her original starting position was directly to holmes's left.)

i did not teach maerhen frontier fighter. i had plum start in the top left position and maerhen start right next to her. on turn 3, plum danced maerhen and he started into the swamp. he should be able to make it to both chests by turn 11. if you have plum walk around on the right, she can actually dance him again later in the map and he can reach the northeast chest by turn 10. unfortunately i think it's impossible for holmes to finish opening his chests by turn 10. it takes him 12 turns of movement to reach the south chest and there's no way to dance him twice except for relying on lyria.

heh, maybe if you have yuni learn frontier fighter and sent her to grab the bottom chests, you can 10 turn the map. send promoted vega with her to kill the boss. it would require insane luck, though; not only would yuni need the power staff, but all of the starting sperm must have divided and the boss can't have summoned new ones. either that or you trained her up beforehand to have 18 AGI in order to double the sperm with estoc. maybe this is where the AGI plus would come in handy! you just need to train her for 3 more AGI procs.

EDIT: alternatively, buy a shamshir in the chapter 15 armory and rig a WLV proc so that yuni can use it. she can OHKO full HP sperm after a power staff use. i think she is 1 atk short of the ones that the boss spawns, though, but iron blade has +1 MT at the cost of -15 hit. or pray that the boss doesn't spawn sperm for 4 enemy phases. as ridiculous as this sounds, i actually think this might be somewhat reasonable if you're willing to rig a 25% WLV growth.

the sad thing is that after all this, yuni still can't fight.

you are correct in that map 15 can be revisited from the world map. fsr i thought the houses were only usable once.

Edited by dondon151

I know it can be revisited, but I have a fear the game might add a turn every time you re-visit the map. Most likely not.

I don't do any random encounters (though there's a Pirate approaching from the south and I hope he's gone when I switch back to Holmes' team again) so training Yuni is out. She can eat stat boosters but I have only one AGI Plus which I'm saving for Sierra.

I could afford giving Yuni a POW Plus though, and a WLv Plus if needed. She has 14 strength with that and the Power Staff boost, 25 atk with the Shamshir for a OHKO against the more powerful full-HP sperm monsters. This is the time where I wish I were training Xeno (lv. 1), because he actually gives a Yuni +10% support at base iirc (she gives him a smaller one back).

I'm only just figuring out an 11-turn without FF wasted on Maerhen and you already propose a 10-turn - did you count the squares or are you just speculating it is doable?

So Holmes and Yuni get FF, does Maerhen too? Holmes gets to the northwestern chest, Yuni gets the one behind the boss and the one south and Maerhen the ones near the lava?

And yeah, I was also sending Plum all the way across to dance Maerhen when he comes out of lava, but was, like, one move short to reach him and get him to the last chest on turn 11. I understand pretty well now that it's because I wasted some turns dancing the wrong units (Yuni doesn't need the refresh in an 11-turn I believe). I should really just dance: 1) Lionel on turn 1, 2) Holmes on turn 2, 3) Maerhen on turn 3; then make haste across the map with Plum and maybe Lyria could try refreshing Yuni since she has a 5% support for what appears to be a 15% chance of a refresh, probably not even needed though.

Not sure how a 10-turn changes the strat, or if a 10-turn is even possible, but the 11-turn is more or less figured out and should be reliable (I spent a lot of time on that map last night).

i was just speculating about the 10-turn and counting the squares in my head. maerhen wouldn't need FF because he'll just do the same thing that i was doing in the 11-turn. it's too bad that i screwed up and didn't pay much attention to vega or send him on holmes's team, otherwise i would actually try this out. i think i might restart after reaching the second division because now i have a clear idea of what to do (and i'll also document or summarize what each team needs up to that point).

assuming that yuni and vega work out just fine (haha...), you'd also need to send a 6-move unit with holmes because he probably can't do anything against the sperm. most playthroughs won't have a 6 mov lionel, but lionel could just go to the top right with plum and clear out the sperm there before maerhen gets the chest. in fact, it's probably just as good that way because he can gain a ton of EXP.

i managed to get yuni some EXP through combat in her starting chapter and she might be able to kill a glace mummy if you pass up the iron shield. that should be almost enough to get her a level (if not already enough for a level), then it's just a matter of rigging the WLV growth. if you can't think of any other uses for the WLV plus, though, then by all means...

do you know if WoD designates chapters as indoor or outdoor? i was thinking about trying to use sun, but it's unfortunate that a lot of holmes's maps are indoors. it looks like 20-23 are outdoors.

Edited by dondon151

6-move Lionel should be possible if you go to map 11; if not, Barts should get there if trained before the split (I was stupid and tried to train Sasha, which backfired), and fed kills with Holmes.

So he reaches the last chest on turn 10? How is it possible when he needs 3 turns to get close to lava (also needing a Dance), then 4 turns to reach the chest in the lava, then 5 turns (4 with Plum's dance) to get to the last chest. I count 11 turns. Actually wait, my Maerhen starts on the furthest position. If he starts closer and still gets the Dance, the 10-turn should be possible. Hmmm.

Shigen doesn't appear to be in a rush to promote and there's a Hero Proof in one of the map 16 chests so I think I'll sell the Hero Proof and try 10-turning with FF Yuni and the stat boosters.

I know Dio's sticky on this forum outlines which maps are indoors and yeah, training Sun is hard in those non-storyline maps because she can't receive a Slim Lance for better hit rates. She receives a 10% support from Frau, so in combination with an Iron Sword the hit rates shouldn't be TOO bad (unless sperm is involved).

Also, I don't have an Armorslayer on this team (didn't buy one and Maerhen whiffed at the Merc in chapter 14 on the attempt where Lionel proc'd move) so I'm going to rely on Life or Death/Hammer to KO Zachariah. Unless I go back, but there's a Pirate waiting for me there I think.

edit: tested the 10-turn run. With loads of luck, it should be successful. I couldn't get either of the three parties to their respective last chest (go figure) but I saw that it could be done.

Both Maerhen and Yuni missing is a big problem; Shigen is best using the Killing Edge as well (same hit as Estoc), because Iron Sword whiffs a lot even with that high skill stat.

I also have issues killing the sperm close to your starting position because Maerhen cuts the Longbow user's hit by 50%. The only way to prevent that is dancing Maerhen first, which means Vega/Yuni won't kill the first two sperms on turn 1 EP.

Edited by Espinosa

Okay dondon,

I'm pretty sure the 10-turn is out.

The only way for Yuni (because Holmes is compromised by his starting position) to reach the chest in the forest by turn 5 (so that she can get to the bottom one by turn 10) is to give her the 2nd closest tile (shared with Maerhen, 1st being Plum), which enables her, assuming she can move her full 6 move every turn and gets a dance, probably on turn 1 (otherwise she's too far from Plum), to reach the chest physically on turn 5, leaving her with 2 turns to get out of the forest and 3 more to reach the bottom chest.

The problem is the boss is on the chest, and the boss has an Elixir. SM Vega, one-rounding the boss with Shram, also given a dance, reaches the boss just barely on turn 5 and KOs him the first time. Yuni is now 2 forest moves and one normal move away from the chest, but can't get to the treasure because the boss is still alive.

I've thought if anybody else can realistically get to the chest - seems not. If Holmes is not stopped in his tracks by the sperm, he will be exactly one tile away from the 3-range that would allow him to attack with a Longbow. Holmes would need 12 strength and a Power staff boost to 2HKO the boss.

This is assuming Holmes doesn't get a dance but the way for him to move forward is clear.

Holmes cannot get the dance because Plum can only dance three units before going the east way around, and those three units can only be Vega, Yuni and Maerhen (to get to the last chest by turn 10).

I could be missing something, but it seems an 11-turn is the best thing you can do, and also saves up the need to waste the resources on Yuni (stat booster(-s) and a FF for 7K).

The problem is the boss is on the chest, and the boss has an Elixir. SM Vega, one-rounding the boss with Shram, also given a dance, reaches the boss just barely on turn 5 and KOs him the first time. Yuni is now 2 forest moves and one normal move away from the chest, but can't get to the treasure because the boss is still alive.

ah, right. vega needs to get there a turn earlier so he can kill the boss on PP + EP.

let's try something else then. how about sending yuni to get the boss's chest and then sending her up to get the northwest chest instead of the south chest? by my square counting, she should be able to reach the northwest chest in exactly 4 turns (as opposed to the south chest requiring 5 turns) after the boss's chest. this way, she can reach the boss's chest 1 turn later, when vega will have definitely killed him twice, and i don't think she even needs the dance early on. meanwhile, just have holmes walk on the normal terrain to the south chest and he should be able to reach by turn 10.

someone should go with yuni, obviously, because there's the chance that the sperm could block the chest.

so on the first 3 turns, we know that vega needs a dance, and maerhen needs a dance. that leaves a free dance, which should probably go to someone following vega.

(yay teamwork!)

also, are you not promoting sasha to DK or something? i ended up promoting sasha to DK and i feel like mahter is kind of pointless after that. i'm not even sure if she helps save any turns, but i could be wrong because i haven't done 20-23 yet.

Edited by dondon151

Wow, just checked the squares and it seems that should work. So Yuni does not need the dance, but Vega and Maerhen do, so the third dance could go to either Holmes or Lionel - I'll see how many turns Holmes needs to reach the bottom chest danceless, because if he's going in unprotected all the sperm at the bottom just overwhelms him and he stops moving.

Teamwork can have impressive results haha.

I guess it depends on how good your Sasha is? Mine whiffed at one single Archer for the entirety of C4, then lost the two kills I designed for her in the next map, so I didn't bother investing into her after that. With Zeek, Narron and Raffin around, it's hard to tell whether she shaves any turns off, but who knows, maybe she'll be one of your top combat units? Did you wait till lv. 10 for Elite? I promoted mine with the Peg Flute @ lv. 2 after failing to get kills in, so I got neither Gale not Elite, and she got one more level-up after that. She's still better than Kreiss and Arkis due to flight and high agility that comes with the class.

I have a feeling anyone besides Raffin going DK is a waste of money because you lose agility and get no extra bonus to move for the price of 10K, which is like a crapload of great weapons for all to enjoy - Killing Edges, Scissor Axes, Needle Spears...

Have you been training Runan? Dude needs to slay a freaking dragon lategame and there's nobody else who can put a dent into him (I think). Mine is strength-blessed and strength is pretty much the only stat you care on Runan (though defence means he needs to rely on shields less to survive while pressing forward).

i waited around for roger to show up in chapter 7, so i sent sasha to the arena for 8 turns and got her to L10 during chapter 8. i gave her the arena fighter skill in chapter 7 so that she would survive more easily. if roger is skipped, i think sasha can still promote immediately after chapter 8, especially if you give her the glace mummy near the starting point.

i see what you mean about the dragon flute maybe not being worth it, but i think DK is worth it for mahter or sasha because of the higher str base. you gain 3 str and 4 def in exchange for losing just 1 agi and 6 mag. sasha averages a super lame 11 str at L30 and mahter needs the promotion in order go past L20 at all. i think with good item management, the 10000G might be a fair investment. the question is, as you said, whether one really needs mahter or sasha at all, since flying is not all that useful in this game with no rescuing. if mounted combat is a priority, maybe even someone like estelle is a better investment, since she learns life or death at L14 and elite at L20.

and yeah, i have been training runan a little bit. he's L8.36 going into chapter 17, which isn't that great, but it's something. he has a bit of wiggle room on some maps for a couple of kills - off the top of my head, he has an extra turn in chapter 2 and a turn in chapter 3 (if he got sea fighter in chapter 1) - and occasionally he has movement to spare in most of his seize maps, or you can set up kills for him. he can probably grab a kill in chapter 1 and a kill in chapter 6.

because if he's going in unprotected all the sperm at the bottom just overwhelms him

*giggle*

Edited by dondon151

I think I'd also have a DK Sasha if I could get her a couple levels in the early chapters, but she was pretty unlucky and Mahter was going strength like crazy meanwhile.

Yeah, what I said about losing a little Agi doesn't mean much when you get so much extra strength that you can safely switch to a lighter weapon and still have better offensive stats. That durability cannot be ignored, either.

My Mahter is str-blessed, so she's helping Holmes out in outdoor maps pretty well and waiting for the Flute until the split.

Flight isn't as useful here as in other games, and mounted folks generally do some of the stuff the fliers do as well except without having to dismount and lose weapon access/base stats when there are arrow users around.

I managed to give Runan as many as 4 kills in Roger's chapter, and that's without waiting for Roger. He got about as many kills in chapter 9 too, also pretty effortlessly. The level-ups themselves left a bit to be desired though, but strength is the one stat he cares most about. I hope I didn't screw myself over by giving POW Plus to Yuni (she's now using Killing Edge for generic sperm and Shamshir for the boss spawns).

I guess if Plum is in Runan's map endgame, she can dance him so that he slays the scaled dragon in one turn? We'll see how that works out when I get there.

assuming that you can get sasha to promotion, what do you think about sending mahter with runan and promoting her while leaving sasha as pegasus and sending her with holmes? or is it better to send sasha with runan and promote (waiting until L20, because i expect sasha will have no problem maxing out at L40) while leaving mahter with holmes and then ditching mahter later?

i have not played this game in its entirety before, but what items in the chapter 25 desert are obtainable?

Edited by dondon151

Were you able to 2-turn Frau and Sun's map without talking to either of them? If so, go ahead and try it out. I find it dubious that Sasha will see as much combat as you say though, but with 100% recruitment I guess it's more possible.

The 2nd Dragon Flute requires Bud, who costs at least 4 turns in his map. Bud is needed to recruit another dude in that chapter though, one whom you really need to use because he's an actually OP mage (and even has average movement to complement his other strengths).

You'll have another flier endgame, but one that specialises in magic instead, so hang on to your Thunder Sword (idk).

Oh, and here's chapter 4 in 11 turns. Should get the rest of the videos up too.

edit: updating the OP with the YouTube playlist so that the videos are easier to find.

Edited by Espinosa

Were you able to 2-turn Frau and Sun's map without talking to either of them? If so, go ahead and try it out. I find it dubious that Sasha will see as much combat as you say though, but with 100% recruitment I guess it's more possible.

oh derp i forgot about that. what about what i said about sasha is it that you find dubious? that she'll be at L10 after chapter 8? the only map on which i spent extra turns is chapter 7. in a 6 turn clear, sasha can still arena for 4 turns. then it's just a matter of favoritism in chapter 8. if you're talking about her reaching L40, i'm probably exaggerating a little bit, but there's no harm in holding off her promotion and she levels up almost as quickly as narron.

so it looks to me right now that if we choose to go DK at all, the dominant option is to promote sasha to DK and send mahter with holmes, then kind of ditch mahter when she's not useful. verna comes way too late to do anything.

The 2nd Dragon Flute requires Bud, who costs at least 4 turns in his map. Bud is needed to recruit another dude in that chapter though, one whom you really need to use because he's an actually OP mage (and even has average movement to complement his other strengths).

i already skipped narcus in chapter 9. i can't believe narcus costs 5 turns to recruit in that map. and as awesome as rishel seems, that's just way too much cost. when i restart, i'm going to skip mel/roger too.

anyway, more questions from someone who hasn't played the game:

1. when does zeek leave?

2. the site says that you can recruit sierra in chapter 24. what do you have to do for that?

Edited by dondon151

oh derp i forgot about that. what about what i said about sasha is it that you find dubious? that she'll be at L10 after chapter 8? the only map on which i spent extra turns is chapter 7. in a 6 turn clear, sasha can still arena for 4 turns. then it's just a matter of favoritism in chapter 8. if you're talking about her reaching L40, i'm probably exaggerating a little bit, but there's no harm in holding off her promotion and she levels up almost as quickly as narron.

so it looks to me right now that if we choose to go DK at all, the dominant option is to promote sasha to DK and send mahter with holmes, then kind of ditch mahter when she's not useful. verna comes way too late to do anything.

The part about reaching lv. 40 is what sounds dubious to me, but you never know with Elite around.

I agree with the choice you propose, because waiting for longterm benefit of the Draco promotion just isn't worth it. Warpskipping all over the place in the endgame and also very many indoor maps. Not good for Sasha at all.

i already skipped narcus in chapter 9. i can't believe narcus costs 5 turns to recruit in that map. and as awesome as rishel seems, that's just way too much cost. when i restart, i'm going to skip mel/roger too.

You can get Bud/Rishuel without recruiting Narcus; however, Runan needs to visit the southeastern village back in C3 for it to happen. But yeah, those two aren't returning our turns if we recruit them.

anyway, more questions from someone who hasn't played the game:

1. when does zeek leave?

2. the site says that you can recruit sierra in chapter 24. what do you have to do for that?

1. Depends on the path. Chapter 19 if he's with Runan / chapter 23 if with Holmes.

2. Shigen needs to die on the non-storyline map immediately following chapter 23. This can be surprisingly hard to achieve, so put Maerhen in his range or something.

Edited by Espinosa

You can get Bud/Rishuel without recruiting Narcus; however, Runan needs to visit the southeastern village back in C3 for it to happen. But yeah, those two aren't returning our turns if we recruit them.

either my understanding of spanish is bad or SF and WoD say two different things about bud's recruitment. i'll take your word for it.

1. Depends on the path. Chapter 19 if he's with Runan / chapter 23 if with Holmes.

2. Shigen needs to die on the non-storyline map immediately following chapter 23. This can be surprisingly hard to achieve, so put Maerhen in his range or something.

1. i'm guessing you mean after 19/23, correct? before division 2?

2. my understanding is that shigen is revived if he dies before division 2?

also, do you have an eye out for any of the desert items in chapter 25?

Edited by dondon151

Could be wrong, maybe wait if Dio comes and offers a second informed claim. Pretty sure I almost always recruit Bud and Rishuel without even touching Narcus in the desert.

Yeah, Zeek should disappear after the map where you meet Loffaru. On Holmes route, I expect he does the same after chapter 23, but this is actually the first time I'm sending Zeek with Holmes so I'm just citing the sticky thread we have on this.

The items in the desert look nice but you need a thief to obtain these. This is a Frontier type map, so we should already have a 6 move Yuni if we do manage to 10-turn map 16 (still working on that, just restated because Maerhen got surrounded, used a Charm and then couldn't move towards the chest because of the adjacent sperms). Still, I am having trouble imagining which of these items she'd be able to obtain because we're not staying on the map for too long (though Runan has to go all the way in circles to get to the northern seize point, and it's generally one of the best maps in the game for flying units and the bane for horseback units, if not the best).

Also probably a good idea to send a flier to recruit Rebecca, as she's a healer with an unusually high WLv. With a WLv Plus and one proc she can use the Repair staff, and besides Renee (busy warping people) and Lee (not recruited) she's the only one who can use the staff I believe.

I have an Iron Lance with like +30 crit going into map 16, so I could always repair that (with the Hammer) next.

how many turns do you think chapter 25 will take? it will probably take quite a long time for runan to make his way to either gate. is there a way to get him frontier fighter prior to starting the map? i'm assuming that the north gate is preferable because it leads to an easier chapter 26.

how do the +crit iron lance and iron sword work?

Edited by dondon151

how do the +crit iron lance and iron sword work?

Think FE4. At 51 kills, the weapon gets +1 crit. It goes up like that until 50.

However, once you get the +50 crit kill, there's a chance your weapon becomes cursed (red star) like a Devil weapon. If the star is blue, the weapon's fine, though it obviously won't be getting more critical.

AFAIK it can be done with any weapon and repairing it doesn't erase the bonus.

Edited by Doga Blockovich