Chapter 26, Clash! Could use advice on boss abuse here.

Hi all!

So as the topic says, I am trying to use chapter 26 to get my levels up with some boss abuse. It's the last boss abuse chapter (if i recall right) and being able to take so many units, it has a lot of potential. With this being a transfer run, that's good.

I've been focusing on 12 characters this play through. Ike, Soren, Mist, Boyd, Mia, Rhys, Marcia, Rolf, Jill, Nephenee, Astrid, and Sothe. With bonus exp abuse, and several restarts of levels I've managed to get some impressive stats on all of them. The trick now is making sure they get enough exp. this chapter to make sure they hit 20/20 by game's end. My entire evil plan depends on this. And yet, I can't get things to work right.

While they are misc. mistakes (a weaker unit I brought for kicks getting killed in one hit...opps?) the biggest problem by far is because the boss is crit, or a skill like Adept activates and the boss dies way too early. Time and time again this keeps happening. I've focused on making my team strong for a transfer run, and at the critical junction I find I'm too strong. I just can't seem to keep the boss alive, and without boss abuse, there is no way I can get all my units to level 20/20 in time.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. It's quite depressing to think that all the time I put into this so far, resetting over and over again for those perfect stats.... was for nothing. Yet I don't know what else to try. My last gambit is this sad rant, to see if anyone else can come up with an idea, as I'm all out.

Thanks in advance!

Well who ever is killing the boss i would forge them a low attack power weapon with no critcal rate, Also try to have ike unequiped so you can get the boss to use up all his weapons so he can't counter your weaker units. You will need a healer though because ike will likely take a lot of damage.

Second thing, there is actually 1 more chapter you can boss abuse it is chapter 27. You can abuse the halberdier on the heal platform. The problem with this abuse though is no matter the results of your black knight battle with Ike you have to keep going or you will lose all that time and exp, if you replay the whole chapter which can be annoying. So even if you lose i would just take ena better then redoing the whole chapter and abusing the boss again.

Consider rescuing smaller units. This should drop the skill and speed stats by half, which is always appreciated. Always keep track of the skills and displayed critical of your units, and stop abusing in case they have any chance to kill the boss in combat.

You can also try to abuse Ashnard, but only staff users will gain experience. Still, it's a nice idea to train Elincia from scratch just for this, especially since she maxes Magic, Skill and Speed with ease. Reyson should also be fairly easy to train.

Edited by Doga Blockovich

Sorry I didnt see this sooner.

Take all of your offensive skills off of the units you are training. You dont want or need the extra damage. And give all of your units 3-4 full use, iron weapons of their transfering weapon type. If they double the boss, have them rescue another unit so they dont double anymore. Doing this with a very durable unit will also burn up the bosses weapon uses faster so you wont have to worry about Him getting a lucky crit-kill on one of your guys.

Dont do any fighting with your staff users. They can get their exp from using their staves. For example a full Heal staff will give 4.40 LV ups.

If you spend 500 or so turns on the Map you should max everyone out. And If your stat ups aren't cooperating, get a units exp to the 90s and Bexp abuse after the map.

Im currently have a run like this in progress. Im on Chp 25 and I already have 10 units with capped LVs. In the end I will be transfering 28-30 units.