How to get Katarina with your Avatar

Chiki

I'll do an Ignis vs Luna comparison assuming your 39 strength Sorceror Avatar (with +7 from Chrom, throwing in a +2 from tonics cause shit, it was 99 cents it's so cheap)

49+ res: Luna is better

47-48 res: equal

46 or less res: Ignis is better

wave 1: only the boss has 49+ res (50 res, lol), so that's 6-1 in favor of Ignis

wave 2: either route, only the boss once again has over 49 res, 9-1 Ignis

wave 3: all 15 enemies have less than 47 res, 15-0 Ignis

wave 4: only the boss on each route has over 49 res (however they both have almost 60 res), 19-1 Ignis

wave 5: 5 enemies have 49+ res (1 War Monk, 1 Falcon Knight, 1 Dark Flier, 1 Paladin, the boss), 20-5 Ignis

of course, you could argue that the higher-resistance enemies are the ones where you need more offense, which is true, but there's a grand total of 8 enemies where Luna is better (69-8 Ignis overall)

Edited by shadykid

• 3 weeks later...

Got it on 3rd attempt.

For the 3rd attempt I brought in two Guest Avatars with LB, Pavise, Aegis, Armsthrift and GF (Female) and Ingis (Male). The Male was a Sniper and the female was a Swordmaster. Never went to the Throne the entire map. After the first round I just juggled them around the fort in the bottom-left corner. The Sniper + Towering Bow came in handy for the Enemy Snipers with Longbows. While the enemies were busy trying to kill mine My AvatarxChrom took them out one by one. I lost my Guest Avatars in Round 5 (200,000G to recruit them both again ^_^) though my AvatarxChrom's HP never went below 50. Still had two unused Forged Brave Lances left over though.

I'd say if you have Guest Avatars or Avatars from your other save files USE THEM! The money needed to recruit them again is trivial compared to losing a permanent unit. Plus their stats are superior to the Spotpass Teams.

By all that's holy...I'm just glad I only had to do that once xD

Got it on 3rd attempt.

For the 3rd attempt I brought in two Guest Avatars with LB, Pavise, Aegis, Armsthrift and GF (Female) and Ingis (Male). The Male was a Sniper and the female was a Swordmaster. Never went to the Throne the entire map. After the first round I just juggled them around the fort in the bottom-left corner. The Sniper + Towering Bow came in handy for the Enemy Snipers with Longbows. While the enemies were busy trying to kill mine My AvatarxChrom took them out one by one. I lost my Guest Avatars in Round 5 (200,000G to recruit them both again ^_^) though my AvatarxChrom's HP never went below 50. Still had two unused Forged Brave Lances left over though.

I'd say if you have Guest Avatars or Avatars from your other save files USE THEM! The money needed to recruit them again is trivial compared to losing a permanent unit. Plus their stats are superior to the Spotpass Teams.

By all that's holy...I'm just glad I only had to do that once xD

Gratz! Care to share what skills you'll be giving her? Who knows you'll be bringing her to clear the secret path.