"That voice".

IceBrand

Have you ever watch an show, particularly cartoons and anime, you notice a voice from an character that sounds familiar to that of another character/person? You then say something on the lines of " oh hey it's that person!" Have you ever had that moment before?

Japanese Seiyuu... all the freaking time.

I had this problem the other day, and I was convinced it wasn't the same guy who did Dio I was thinking of. And I looked over his wikipedia credits, like three times. The next day, I confirmed it was in fact the same guy. OTL

Yep... happened a fey times. Last one was Dampierre, from Soulcalibur VI... His english voice actor is the same as my dear Ganny (Gangrel, from FE Awakening, of course) and his japanese voice actor is the same as my dear Buggy (From One Piece). So, no matter if I hear Dampierre's voice in english or japanese, I still find dat voice darn sexy...

I suppose it has happened to me... though not always. Sometimes, the thing usually goes:

1) Hear the voice without recognizing it. Not even as a faint "Have I heard this before...?".

2) Learn later on that it's someone I've already heard before.

3) Rehear the voice, can now actually recognize it.

I think every anime character dies and reincarnates in another anime where they only retain their voices >.<

probably everytime i moved to new waves of animes, at least i had 3-4 seiyuu from previously just finished animes appeared in new animes i watched...

if you actually check the infos about the seiyuus, you'll gotta shock how many anime/games's character you don't realize had same seiyuus .__.

(which became my guilty pleasure everytime i checked new anime i wanna watch)

Edited by Pukuriripo

I think every anime character dies and reincarnates in another anime where they only retain their voices >.<

I kind of do this but with actors. I try to link one character to another one for an actor's career of movies.

The guy who did Spike in Bebop and Shishio in Kenshin (english).

Steven J. Blum. I wish I had that perfect voice. <3

I kind of do this but with actors. I try to link one character to another one for an actor's career of movies.

Steven J. Blum. I wish I had that perfect voice. <3

I was watching this documentary about not-so-famous actors and there was this one guy who had a voice that was so much like Steve Blum's. But it wasn't him, and I can't remember who it was.

Was it Keith Szarabajka? I've sometimes mistaken his voice for Blums.

Nah it wasn't. It was a younger guy than him, IIRC, as for other features he kinda had this sharp black haircut and a pretty lean face.

Tara Strong. Shes everywhere.

That guy who does the voice of Yggrasill in Tales of Symphonia. Hes also in the CardCaptor Sakura dub (as Yue), and Sailor Moon. And probably a lot of other places i hadnt noticed.

I notice a lot of voices everywhere yeah, voice acting can be kind of a small world, but the only ones I remember in recent memory stopping and going "oh yeah man talk to my ears with your voice" upon hearing are Phil Lamarr and Grey DeLisle

Oh. Crispin Freeman. Love that guy too.

Nope XD . Older than him. The guy in question IIRC was mostly an...actual...actor (like face appearing in the films he was in and stuff).

Crispin McDougal Freeman (born February 9, 1972) is an American voice actor. His roles have included Alucard from Hellsing, Kyon from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Shizuo Heiwajima from Durarara!!, Karasu from Noein, Togusa from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, as Holland Novak from Eureka Seven, Touga Kiryuu in Revolutionary Girl Utena, Zelgadis Greywords from Slayers, Straight Cougar from S-CRY-ed, Tsume from Wolf's Rain, Guan Yu from Dynasty Warriors, Siegfried Schtauffen from Soul Calibur III, Jeremiah Gottwald from Code Geass, Itachi Uchiha in Naruto, Rude from Final Fantasy VII, Albel Nox from Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, Balmung of the Azure Sky in the .hack Series and Red Arrow in Young Justice.
Jeremiah Gottwald from Code Geass

GAPSFAIKSDM Amazing.