Worst unit in the game

Chiki

Aha, come to think of it, Donnel would have 20% growths across the board in 0% growths due to Aptitude.

So you can hope he'd gain a stat.

no he wouldn't. you'll have to hack aptitude to not give growth bonuses or remove aptitude from donnel entirely.

the point of 0% growths is that units don't grow and will never grow in a way that involves the RNG.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ adding to that. I think Emmeryn is pretty good as a reclassed Falcoknight at base in full-game LTC, due to Rescue in the rest of the paralogues. It allows a 1 turn of Gangrel's (even if you have to skip the dude). So that's something. I think the most useless Paralogue dude is definetely Praim because screw his paralogue. Yen'fay's is also a bit annoying in full-game LTC because theres swordmaster that have 41 speed o_o

I feel the Pass Assassins are a bit worse since they can just run past your durable guys and go for your Staffbots. Whoops

At least the enemies there don't do a hell lot of damage overall unless you have fliers and didn't get rid of the Assassins fast enough.

Emm's mag, though. Comes already better than Libra(whom I've been using the entire game)'s. Not that I need /that/ much range but still, damn girl

Edited by Thor Odinson

I feel the Pass Assassins are a bit worse since they can just run past your durable guys and go for your Staffbots. Whoops

At least the enemies there don't do a hell lot of damage overall unless you have fliers and didn't get rid of the Assassins fast enough.

Emm's mag, though. Comes already better than Libra(whom I've been using the entire game)'s. Not that I need /that/ much range but still, damn girl

Regarding Spotpass Paralogue characters, I'm partial to Gangrel and Walhart. While Gangrel's recruitment requirements can be time-consuming, his Paralogue is probably the easiest of the Spotpass Paralogues anyway, so you will likely recruit him first, and he can replace Anna at base (and comes with much better Strength, so he can actually use swords other than Levin Sword) or serve as a statbot. Walhart meanwhile has godly Strength and Defense bases at start, and works fine if you give him a statbot or let him serve as the statbot to someone else who could want one.

I don't think any of the Paralogue characters are bad, just saying. But yeah, I think Priam would be the most useless of the six, as you will likely recruit him last, after that whole brawlfest that serves as his chapter.

I don't think Ricken or Donnel are that bad. Cavalier's pretty good for Ricken since he can take a quick trip there for Discipline + Luna to be a pretty good midgame Sage who builds staff rank quickly. Donnel takes a bit to grind up, sure, but when you hit Level 10 and reclass him he's pretty much a wrecking ball that doesn't peter out until postgame.

I've never been able to make Vaike work, myself. Frederick basically does what he does but better thanks to better bulk, higher movement, and he can use range with Sumia's Javelin instead of having to wait to buy Hand Axes. They start with the same axe rank, too, so I usually end up giving him the Iron Axe to save the Silver Lance. Offensively, there's even a bigger payoff since Fred gets Luna at Level 5 while Vaike only has Axefaire (Level 15 Berserker) to increase his offense.

no he wouldn't. you'll have to hack aptitude to not give growth bonuses or remove aptitude from donnel entirely.

the point of 0% growths is that units don't grow and will never grow in a way that involves the RNG.

Oh, that makes sense.

Scrub.

If you want the fastest way to give Olivia Levels with "Skip Actions" to all:

EXP Growth ---> 1st Reclass + Promotion ---> EXP Growth ---> 2nd Reclass + Promotion --> Champions of Yore 3 --> Reclass --> Lost Bloodlines 3.

Repeat last as needed.

Purchase Levin Swords from Nino as needed. The only hassle for me was getting enough Second Seals immediately after Chapter 11.

...I'd have to go with Donny/Donnel with the OP on this one. I do not have the motivation to baby him... even the first time I saw him last year.

I make olivia a myrmidon for vantage than make her a sword master and reclass into a pegasus knight and finally a dark knight so Inigo has galeforce .i don't use champions of yore 3 at all and i grind on lost bloodlines 3 alot. i use summer scramble for the seeds of trust and that makes it so crap like miriel marries quicker than just battling.

Regarding Spotpass Paralogue characters, I'm partial to Gangrel and Walhart. While Gangrel's recruitment requirements can be time-consuming, his Paralogue is probably the easiest of the Spotpass Paralogues anyway, so you will likely recruit him first, and he can replace Anna at base (and comes with much better Strength, so he can actually use swords other than Levin Sword) or serve as a statbot. Walhart meanwhile has godly Strength and Defense bases at start, and works fine if you give him a statbot or let him serve as the statbot to someone else who could want one.

I don't think any of the Paralogue characters are bad, just saying. But yeah, I think Priam would be the most useless of the six, as you will likely recruit him last, after that whole brawlfest that serves as his chapter.

Well, nobody's really bad in postgame/grindmode, but unless you saved all children paralogues for last or something Priam's just got nothing to contribute to in the main game. At least the other 5 can contribute to clearing Priam's (I actually deployed all 5 lol). Unless you did Priam's first or something but who even does that unless you grind or something maybe I dunno

I was kinda annoyed IS didn't give us that shiny all-capped Walhart we had to fight, I feel so betrayed by that, but his bases still are pretty damn hot.

Edited by Thor Odinson

At least the other 5 can contribute to clearing Priam's (I actually deployed all 5 lol). Unless you did Priam's first or something but who even does that unless you grind or something maybe I dunno

I'm probably gonna have to do that on no-grind runs if I want to recruit Priam.

As far as the last bit about Walhart is concerned, I'm just happy that he (and Gangrel) can actually pull their weight should you choose to use them, as Gangrel is probably my favorite Awakening character, and Walhart just screams badass. (Not to mention that I can finally canonically recruit an emperor-like character, AKA those guys that have an exclusive class all to themselves and wield really big legendary weapons and the like, in a Fire Emblem game.)

I don't really rank the Paralogue Spotpass characters too much, simply because only 5 maps to play(minus DLC) isn't that much to work on for an opinion on them. And nobody ever factors in postgame when rating characters.

Speaking as someone who's been looking at everything possible to do with Donny stat-wise, he's the worst. Virion can at least get the Double bow and use the Astra bow well. Donny excels in the least important skill in the game, luck. If he had access to a healer class for Miracle usage, he still doesn't have enough luck for being a novelty character to have that as his schtick. Everyone has more skills and stats than him (except for luck, but lolz MU and Morgan if you wanna go that route). He'd only be useful if you could deploy the whole army at once (which won't happen soon for a main FE because being outnumbered is usually the theme, and games that weren't Sacred Stones and Awakening didn't even let you max everyone). Ricken and Miriel have to be worked around to grow too, but at least they group up to be the strongest mages of first gen.

Speaking as someone who's been looking at everything possible to do with Donny stat-wise, he's the worst. Virion can at least get the Double bow and use the Astra bow well. Donny excels in the least important skill in the game, luck. If he had access to a healer class for Miracle usage, he still doesn't have enough luck for being a novelty character to have that as his schtick. Everyone has more skills and stats than him (except for luck, but lolz MU and Morgan if you wanna go that route). He'd only be useful if you could deploy the whole army at once (which won't happen soon for a main FE because being outnumbered is usually the theme, and games that weren't Sacred Stones and Awakening didn't even let you max everyone). Ricken and Miriel have to be worked around to grow too, but at least they group up to be the strongest mages of first gen.

I agree. As much as I like using Donnel to brute force the main campaign, he falls off hard in the postgame if you've trained everyone up to par. His mods suck, and his class set sucks too. Granted if he's been used to the point where he dwarfs all the other characters stat-wise, he can carry you a bit before you get everyone's skills. In my opinion, Donnel's basically a Jeigan who's also an Est who comes early. Really good for a while, peters out when everyone catches up.

Sol and Hero/Bow Knight I guess is kind of OK, but he does suffer quite a bit since at the end of the day, he has maybe 1 and a half classes' worth of usable skills on him.

I never really use Say'ri much. She seems pretty useless.

Agreed. I only really use her to get the SpotPass Yen'fay. Otherwise, benched.

Say'ri's not that great compared to some of the other first gens,(lack of meaningful supports other than Avatar/Morgan if her child just kills her) but she does have an interesting niche in Galeforce + Deliverer + Rescue as a Falcoknight, so she can potentially bring 3 units 20 spaces away from the starting point without needing Boots. She can potentially go even further if she's paired up with a Galeforce unit. Aversa can do that too, although with Say'ri, she at least gets Pass from Assassin to make her more flexible in that regard.

Falcoknight offense is admittedly kind of crap, though, so someone like Sumia might even be better suited for that job despite the lower movement since she gets Luna to make Galeforce easier to activate.

Edited by HeoandReo

I never use Tharja much. She seems pretty useless.

I kill her instead of recruiting her because she costs a turn to recruit, with a forged Javelin right through that cleavage.

Edited by Chiki

Yeap. I agree. But Gaius is far from the worst guy in the game. Hes a pain because i just dont like thieves outside utility use and if im using him, its for being able to get kids.

I grind Olivia because shes gr9mazing when i do that.

Well, I agree he isn't the worst in the game, but I usually just wind up using Anna instead.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Olivia.

Her defenses suck and almost never will get better.

Well, if you're doing a brisk run, Olivia isn't much use... except for Gangrel's Paralogue, where she helps cut down on how many turns you need to use to talk to him.

Well, if you're doing a brisk run, Olivia isn't much use... except for Gangrel's Paralogue, where she helps cut down on how many turns you need to use to talk to him.

Seriously?