SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I really doubt Luigi will ever represent his own series. His role in the main Mario games is considerably larger than his two games in his spinoff.

And Ana, you really need to check other sites regarding people expecting characters. Mario getting another character was a very common topic of discussion in places like Smashboards, it's just WHICH character would that be that divided the fandoms (Waluigi, Daisy, Bowser Jr., Rosalina and Geno being the most popular).

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, despite not being playable, DK still has appeared in every Mario Party game.

To be more accurate, he was playable before 5, in which he got a space on the boards.

And Ana, you really need to check other sites regarding people expecting characters. Mario getting another character was a very common topic of discussion in places like Smashboards, it's just WHICH character would that be that divided the fandoms (Waluigi, Daisy, Bowser Jr., Rosalina and Geno being the most popular).

I no longer go to Smashboards (I just got bored of it after awhile), so there's no way I could've known that. I just figured that since Mario already has a lot of reps, few people would be expecting a newcomer for it. Sorry, geez.

To be more accurate, he was playable before 5, in which he got a space on the boards.

True. I guess I could have been more clear.

Speaking of Mario Party, Nintendo should make one featuring several characters from other Nintendo franchises.

I'd rather have Super Smash Kart before a Super Smash Party. But maybe that's just me.

I no longer go to Smashboards (I just got bored of it after awhile), so there's no way I could've known that. I just figured that since Mario already has a lot of reps, few people would be expecting a newcomer for it. Sorry, geez.

That's sort of the point. If you aren't aware of something, you shouldn't be using it to support your argument.

Fine, whatever...

Let's just change the subject. Twice now, I've had dreams about Ike's reveal. I think I'm becoming a bit too obsessed with seeing him... But at the same time, losing a little hope that he'll stay. The first dream, I saw a trailer and screenshots (but I know that's not going to happen because only newcomers are getting trailers), but in the second, I only saw posts in this thread. No images.

I don't want to lose hope though. No way. Not unless some real evidence against Ike's inclusion shows up.

I can reasonably say I believe Ike is staying put.

My most wanted newcomer Isaac however I have no clue on his chances. I suppose with Mac now being a fighter. Assist Trophies do have the potential to be new fighters. (I recall seeing some people being against it somewhere)

Oh yes, I believe it too, it's just that on occasion, I still see people say Ike will likely get replaced with Chrom or something. And that makes me upset. Because Ike didn't even truly replace Roy. So there's no real pattern or nothing.

I think a lot of people want Isaac, so I'd say he has a good shot.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh yes, I believe it too, it's just that on occasion, I still see people say Ike will likely get replaced with Chrom or something. And that makes me upset. Because Ike didn't even truly replace Roy. So there's no real pattern or nothing.

I think a lot of people want Isaac, so I'd say he has a good shot.

Yeah exactly. Roy was planned to be in alongside Marth and Ike. I was severely disappointed when Roy got cut from smash. But I did want Ike in there, kind of bitter sweet.. But I managed. (The inclusions of Sonic, Lucario and some others made me less bitter)

Isaac I think would be a great fighter for smash. He has earth based psychic powers but he could use the other 3 elements depending on his class determined by little creatures you found called djinn. Although I like Felix more then Isaac. Issac is the more iconic Golden Sun protagonist, even if it was ultimately Felix who was the main hero.

Yeah exactly. Roy was planned to be in alongside Marth and Ike. I was severely disappointed when Roy got cut from smash. But I did want Ike in there, kind of bitter sweet.. But I managed. (The inclusions of Sonic, Lucario and some others made me less bitter)

Isaac I think would be a great fighter for smash. He has earth based psychic powers but he could use the other 3 elements depending on his class determined by little creatures you found called djinn. Although I like Felix more then Isaac. Issac is the more iconic Golden Sun protagonist, even if it was ultimately Felix who was the main hero.

Well, the same thing could happen with Ike, I guess. Sakurai could be planning to put him in alongside Marth and an FE newcomer, but not have enough time to finish him. But of course, I really hope this doesn't happen. I love Ike too much. :(

I thought Isaac used a sword? His trophy shows him with one, I think...

Well, the same thing could happen with Ike, I guess. Sakurai could be planning to put him in alongside Marth and an FE newcomer, but not have enough time to finish him. But of course, I really hope this doesn't happen. I love Ike too much. :(

I thought Isaac used a sword? His trophy shows him with one, I think...

Remember Sakurai has namco teams helping him this time. I feel all the planned people will show up.

Also Isaac does use swords and axes.. one of his spells even involves summoning a huge spirit sword from the sky to slam into his target

I really don't think Ike will be cut. His fighting style in Brawl is much more different compared to Ike and I simply think Sakurai just won't include a new Fire Emblem representative, especially when you consider what Chrom can bring new to the series (given he is popular, but so is Ike). Would people want Chrom now or prefer to wait for another Fire Emblem lord, whether a completely new one that's unique or a remake of an old game such as FE4/6/7 that updates the characters.

Remember Sakurai has namco teams helping him this time. I feel all the planned people will show up.

Also Isaac does use swords and axes.. one of his spells even involves summoning a huge spirit sword from the sky to slam into his target

Ah, true, that's right. Then yeah, it's likely that everybody will be in this time. :)

Ah, I see. I've never played Golden Sun, so I didn't really know for sure.

ha

haha

hahahaha

let me tell you the story of a rushed game with a very spartan story mode

the story of Soul Calibur V

75% of the story was cut due to time limits

ha

haha

hahahaha

let me tell you the story of a rushed game with a very spartan story mode

the story of Soul Calibur V

75% of the story was cut due to time limits

...Are you... Are you KIDDING ME? SEVENTY-FIVE PERCENT? That is just ridiculous. A developer would have to be really stupid to cut that much.

...Are you... Are you KIDDING ME? SEVENTY-FIVE PERCENT? That is just ridiculous. A developer would have to be really stupid to cut that much.

Well, tbf, that was more the parent company's fault since they rushed the release

But still, don't just assume that just because the company's legit, that it means we'll get everything we want

Well, tbf, that was more the parent company's fault since they rushed the release

But still, don't just assume that just because the company's legit, that it means we'll get everything we want

Well yeah, of course we can't get everything we want. The fans' wants are so diverse that overall, there's TONS of stuff they want in this game.

I feel Isaac, the Fire Emblem representative(s), and Diddy and Dixie Kong are high on the list of questions in the development team. If Alm (unlikely) or Roy was to be announced, it would be next month. An Ike confirmation, or a character from Awakening or Fire Emblem (because I don't feel like saying FE7 or Rekka no Ken) would be announced in April, though Yoshi is almost guaranteed to be announced soon.

I really don't think Ike will be cut. His fighting style in Brawl is much more different compared to Ike and I simply think Sakurai just won't include a new Fire Emblem representative, especially when you consider what Chrom can bring new to the series (given he is popular, but so is Ike). Would people want Chrom now or prefer to wait for another Fire Emblem lord, whether a completely new one that's unique or a remake of an old game such as FE4/6/7 that updates the characters.

It will be weird having no playable awakening characters considering Arena Ferox is in the 3DS game but that's just me.

Maybe, we really have no idea. Everyone expected Diddy and Dixie for the Direct because of DK Tropical Freeze's release, yet that didn't happen. We got a newcomer in Little Mac instead.

EDIT: We've had stages that didn't have any corresponding playable characters. Animal Crossing had a stage in Brawl, but no characters, and I remember this one other stage that was in the same boat, but I can't recall its name.

Edited by Anacybele

Maybe, we really have no idea. Everyone expected Diddy and Dixie for the Direct because of DK Tropical Freeze's release, yet that didn't happen. We got a newcomer in Little Mac instead.

EDIT: We've had stages that didn't have any corresponding playable characters. Animal Crossing had a stage in Brawl, but no characters, and I remember this one other stage that was in the same boat, but I can't recall its name.

well pictochat, electroplanktons but they are exceptions.