SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not. Yoshi is one of those 100% guaranteed people and I bet Sakurai doesn't feel that he'd be a surprise at all. I don't think there's any reason to change anything about him either.

We have a bunch of Mario-related characters on the site now anyway. I don't think it's necessary to show him.

I have a feeling Sakurai is holding out on revealing the other 4 SSB64 characters (Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff) in a similar way he held back on revealing Olimar and Sheik back in the pre-Brawl era. Why, I don't have a concrete answer. I'm guessing he's likely waiting for Yoshi's New Island's Japanese release for Yoshi and since the other three don't have any upcoming games, he's putting less priority on them and more priority on characters that do have upcoming game releases like Diddy and King Dedede. Sakurai has already missed out on quite a few game anniversary reveals, so I guess those don't have as much priority or weight as we thought.

(insert all the text about my "two weeks of no FE/Ike/competitive Smash/etc." deal from http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40818&p=3013971 here)

Hey now the fe talk was fine. It was more all the discussion being about Ike and solely Ike that was irritating. Chrom and his possibilities were brought up so I decided to elaborate.

Yes I did say I was tired of the fe talk but that's because it always devolved into Roy vs Ike and now its actually a pleasant discussion not really involving either now you decide to put your foot down. Hypocrisy at its best

And this, people, is how to properly perform an April Fools joke: one that people will actually fall for. Keep it a bit out there, but tame enough to actually be believable.

Uh, hopefully, no hard feelings about my April Fools joke of the day Jedi.

SLIPPY CONFIRMED FOR PROJECT M. OR RIDLEY. MAYBE JUST APRIL FOOL'S IUNNO. WHERE THE $%^& IS PICHU. didn't know where else to put this

Edited by Comet

I'd say it's possible that Yoshi's moveset may be getting some kind of overhaul. I have no doubt that Yoshi's being saved for the release of Yoshi's New Island as advertising, but that's the only other reason I can think of to hold him back. (Then again, Bowser got overhauled and he was revealed right away, so maybe the opposite is true-- almost nothing is new about him, thus, no real reason to reveal him right away? *shrug*)

If everyone is able to stop yourself from doing all of that just for that length, I'll personally refrain from using this as my sig:

flutter_bee_gif_by_dnftt2011-d78n89m.gif

Don't like the sig? Blame the people in the SSB4 thread for it.

Frankly, I'm tempted to break this just so you WILL make that your signature, behehehehehe~

EDIT: Derpril fools.

EDIT: I've noticed something odd about Megaman.

It seems like his standard jump is unusually high-- like, rivalling or doubling Brawl Falco's jump height, it almost seems like. As I wondered why that is, it occurred to me-- (and I've checked as many of the vids as I could find for footage to support this) Megaman doesn't ever seem to double-jump in any of the videos he's in. As such, I can't help but wonder if Megaman might be the first character not to have a second jump outside of his Up-Special. It's too soon for it to be anything more than a theory at this point, but... I think it's certainly possible. Sakurai has gone to great lengths to preserve Megaman's original game feel already. Nope nevermind he's seen double-jumping in this video at about 4:25 or so. Oh well it was an interesting theory for the all about two minutes it lasted for lol

Edited by BANRYU

Wow, that sounds fun! I like that a lot of Link's gear isn't exclusive to him. I always found the most fun matches to be with items, and it looks like I won't be disappointed this time around!

The Link in Skyward Sword is called Toonish Link. Maybe he'll join the brawl too.

As much as I love SS Link, we do not need three playable Links. lol

They should remove every other characters and make Smash a games where different versions of link fight each other.

Glad they kept using the Twilight Princess designs for Link and Zelda. They are hot as fuck.

I prefer Link's SS design, personally. Except for his ears. xP TP Link's artwork is really nice, but in-game, I think he looks too feminine.

A troll. Even so, HE's why I don't check the comments on Miiverse anymore.

There's plenty of those. Heck there's so much for Goku as well