SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Give me your brain.

What? They don't call me Randoman for nothing (and I am an awkward man after all). Well, maybe wanting your brain because you knew about the "Nintendo Direct every 2 months schedule" and the length of game specific Nintendo Directs while I don't is a bit too much.

I secretly work for Nintendo and that's how I know this stuff

Game specific directs like the Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3 and Pokemon have all been around 20 minutes, so I don't think it's a stretch to assume the same thing happens here.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eww...that set me off for the rest of the day...

If a Namco character made it in, I'm hoping it's Siegfried, Nightmare, or Yoshimitsu, though it'll likely be Patroklos if from Soul Calibur or Jin if from Tekken.

Though since Yosh is in both Tekken and Soul Calibur...he has a better chance than most. Sieg and Nightmare would play almost the same as each other.

I'd rather Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia.

I had no idea Golden Sun was getting ported! Sweet~

On a more on-topic note, I don't personally see Snake coming back. His appearance in SSBB seemed like a sort of one-shot deal.

And the MGS franchise has too different a target audience now than 6 years ago - like, have you seen the MGSV trailer? Torturing of women, child soldiers, child murder, and depictions of opening a child's stomach and messing with the organs while he is still conscious. Nintendo might not want to bring that back.

Because Ness and Kirby don't have anything super disturbing in their games (sarcasm) not to the levels mentioned but Nintendo has a lot of dark undertones people seem to underestimate. Snake has as good a chance as any veteran of returning. Sonics return proved that back in October

Yoshimitsu is a weirdo, imo. From what I saw of him in SCII anyway. He looks like a crazy mix between a samurai and a clown.

Edited by Anacybele

If anyone got in from Soul Calibur it would probably be Sieg, Mitsurugi or Cassandra.

I'd still much rather a Tales character lol

Kilik isn't one? I thought that guy was so totally hot. And I loved the way he used a staff. :D

Unfortunately they completely change his movesets in Soul Calibur V. Xiba replaced him and Kilik acts like Olcadan and Charades did in previous installments (in other words, he switches weapon style every round).

Edited by kingddd

And the MGS franchise has too different a target audience now than 6 years ago - like, have you seen the MGSV trailer? Torturing of women, child soldiers, child murder, and depictions of opening a child's stomach and messing with the organs while he is still conscious. Nintendo might not want to bring that back.

Metal Gear's target audience has always been adults. There is torture in MGS1, 2, and 3, all of which were out at the time of release of SSBB. The Twin Snakes and Snake Eater were both on Nintendo consoles and are both M games. It's not like they didn't know what they were getting into putting Snake in Brawl, despite V handling very uncomfortable subject matter than almost any game out there.

Fuckin Soul Calibur 5 with 3 mimics. King, do you have the xbox version?

No I do not sadly. I only played it at a friend's house on the PS3.

Also I hope they bring back the wheelie smash crates. The physics on it are so wacky and fun to play around with.

Sucks to SCV for changing Kilik. D:

Nice clip of Ike Great Aethering Marth, kingddd. :3

Tomorrow's the day of the direct! *picks a god and prays for Ike* ^^

I'd like to see Isaac, Palutena, Shulk, an Advanced Wars character or the return of Snake (for my dad) tomorrow.

I'm still crossing my fingers for Keldeo, Vaati, or Ghirahim for newcomers. :3

I need to not read the word Vaati when I'm half-asleep, I thought that said Vashi, then I realized why the hell would I be in Smash Bros.

In other news, why is it not the 8th yet?!

[/hyped]

Too bad I'll be in school when the direct happens. Ah well, will found out when getting back here anyway, heh.

Hm, weird, the pic on the Smash site didn't updated yet. Nice to see the Metroid back.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So...

what does everybody think of this?

the closest guess is a project codename for a DLC or an expansion set if it was releasing in 2015. The name could be derived from Wii U version being the 4th version and the 3DS version being the 5th version. They're probably using the 6th name as a placeholder for maybe extra free or paid DLC projects.

Due note that I'm just pulling my socks here.

Edited by kingddd