SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you please stop calling Robin "Bella Fucking Swan"? I don't want a character I like being compared to something from TWILIGHT of all things, which looks lame and stupid as hell (and this is coming from a romance lover). Not to mention Bella seems nothing like Robin in the first place, other than having Mary Sue traits (which she has way more of according to what I've heard). And even then, I feel that Robin's only Sue traits are being a sort of self-insert and a little overpraised at times.

Not so funny when people do it to characters you like, eh?

There are still many mysteries about Robin. Does he switch between tomes from a special move, like down B or something? Is it due to move set customization? And yeah, we've seen bronze sword and levin sword. I wonder if we'll see any other swords. Or how to switches between the swords? Hopefully, some of this will be cleared up in the days to come, with new pictures and such.

Not so funny when people do it to characters you like, eh?

If you're implying that I've insulted other people's favorites like that, you're wrong. Do you see me going around and repeatedly saying that Lucina is a spotlight-stealing bitch or something? No.

Honestly, Shulk is about as likely to get in as I am at this point. Xenoblade Chronicles is probably the greatest game ever made (easily the best on the Wii), but it's by no means a well-known one (just look back at the pre-video Xenoblade discussion and see how many people mention that they haven't played at, and this is a forum for a vaguely-similar series (Tactical RPG vs. JRPG). Xenoblade Chronicles is a very niche game that the vast majority of the Smash audience has never played. Gematsu was Shulk's only chance, and now it's gone. For what? Lucina (good, but nowhere near worth losing Shulk) and Robin (The Bella Fucking Swan of Fire Emblem).

Obviously Gematsu was never a chance for anyone. I mentioned this earlier, but I'll say it again: I believe Shulk still has a good chance of making it in (and I think you're being overly pessimistic just because this reveal wasn't Shulk, but that's neither here nor there). Why? Because we haven't seen anything Xenoblade yet. We've seen a Wonder Red trophy, we've seen Dillon, and even freaking Rayman. Do you really think Xenoblade, a game with a huge cult following going for enormous prices due to the limited print that even has a sequel (or whatever it is) in the works won't be represented in Smash? Plus I'm pretty sure Shulk is a popular choice even disregarding Gematsu.

Gematsu being de-confirmed says absolutely nothing about Shulk's chances. Or, well, if you still want to hold onto some belief that the leaker is actually legit but made some sort of mistake on Chrom, he did say that Shulk was "100%."

I've a feeling that if Gematsu actually is legit, then whoever was giving Gematsu his info saw something like the Final Smash clip and thought it was Chrom being playable while Robin was just part of HIS Final Smash. And with Chrom being an obvious choice for a newcomer and all, well...

I probably would've made that mistake as well. In fact, I almost thought we had FIVE FE reps.

Edited by Anacybele

If you're implying that I've insulted other people's favorites like that, you're wrong. Do you see me going around and repeatedly saying that Lucina is a spotlight-stealing bitch or something? No.

You've done it many times. Remember when you called Peach an "annoying little shit" in this very thread, then me and others called you out by telling you you wouldn't like it if they did it to your favorite characters, but you dismissed it as your opinion, and you also said you don't care what others said since it was their opinion?

I suggest take your own advice and just accept others' opinions on characters.

Not dwelling on this subject anymore, by the way. Don't want to contribute to ruining this thread.

Edited by Jave

You've done it many times. Remember when you called Peach an "annoying little shit" in this very thread, then me and others called you out by telling you you wouldn't like it if they did it to your favorite characters, but you dismissed it as your opinion, and you also said you don't care what others said since it was their opinion?

I suggest take your own advice and just accept others' opinions on characters.

Not dwelling on this subject anymore, by the way. Don't want to contribute to ruining this thread.

No, I have not. I called Peach that ONE time. I said it ONE time. I'm not repeating it over and over like ClevelandSteve has been doing with his insult.

And I never said I didn't accept that he doesn't like the Avatar. I just don't accept that he's being unnecessary about it.

I just hope Lucina doesn't have Aether. Aether should be only Ike's and would only make them BOTH less unique. Aether was one of the things that made Ike unique in the first place. His FINAL SMASH is an upgraded Aether for gods' sake.

In the video there was an animation that looked like the healing animation around robin during nosferatu which made me think that it does heal him. Total guess but I'm thinkin that the more powerful spells either take up more uses of the tome or have a lot less uses than the other ones. Its really hard to speculate on it though. Also, I wonder what the effect of having a bronze sword to the levin sword is?

On another note, looking at the capn falcon pictures, I never realized that when he does falcon punch, the fire goes in a shape of a falcon, that is pretty sweet to say the least.

The particles on Robin when using Nosferatu looked like it healed, so Nosferatu definitely heals them. I'm guessing each B corresponds to a different tome, though if that's the case, I wonder if this means that there are a limited amount of times he can recover with his up B.

I just hope Lucina doesn't have Aether. Aether should be only Ike's and would only make them BOTH less unique. Aether was one of the things that made Ike unique in the first place. His FINAL SMASH is an upgraded Aether for gods' sake.

Since Lucina's a "clone" she'll most likely have Critical Hit like Marth.

@metalsnow: It's been since SSB64 that Falcon does that lol >_>

Also, Lucina's Final Smash would probably be another Critical Hit like Marth's, show off some quotes plox.

edit: SF so slow, ninja'd

Edited by Quintessence

Well, there is still the fact that there is a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run.

I might be wrong, but I'll bring it up again:

VVVVVV

With Chorus Men, I actually feel it could go either way. Like in Brawl, the Animal Crossing series had a stage and assist trophy, but no one to represent the series as a fighter.

I remember someone posted a video with the Sneaky Spirits in Smash Run, but it could be the same scenario as Animal Crossing in Brawl.

Edited by Carter

People have already analyzed Lucina's moves to see differences between her and Marth. See. So she's not a complete clone or an alt skin. I'm also pretty doubtful she'll get the critical hit final smash. Maybe she'll perform the Awakening!

I hope Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch is faster and his overall speed and damage increase. Basically turn him into Melee Cap.

Edit: Red Fox of fire, how exactly would the Awakening work? Would be something like a power up similar to Wario's FS?

Edited by Ace Gamer

Edit: Red Fox of fire, how exactly would the Awakening work? Would be something like a power up similar to Wario's FS?

Eh, I dunno. That, or summon Naga or Tiki or something.

Honestly, Shulk is about as likely to get in as I am at this point. Xenoblade Chronicles is probably the greatest game ever made (easily the best on the Wii), but it's by no means a well-known one (just look back at the pre-video Xenoblade discussion and see how many people mention that they haven't played at, and this is a forum for a vaguely-similar series (Tactical RPG vs. JRPG). Xenoblade Chronicles is a very niche game that the vast majority of the Smash audience has never played. Gematsu was Shulk's only chance, and now it's gone. For what? Lucina (good, but nowhere near worth losing Shulk) and Robin (The Bella Fucking Swan of Fire Emblem).

In my opinion that's what makes him so likely. Smash is, in part, about advertising. We got a new Golden Sun, Punch Out, and Sin & Punishment because characters appeared as Assist trophies from those games. Roy was shown off in Melee before his game was even released. And who in the west had even heard of Fire Emblem at that point? Now it almost has five reps! FZero and Earthbound were never that huge commercially yet they've been staples of Smash since the very start. Really the fact that Xenoblade is a highly acclaimed game that didn't manage to sell well and is still getting a sequel means Shulk is more likely than ever. Don't you think Nintendo would like to push the Xenoblade IP?Show off the characters and highlight its importance in time for the new sequel to come out. Smash Bros is a fantastic way of advertising characters and franchises and Nintendo has used it to this effect in the past.

Edited by Jotari

Eh, I dunno. That, or summon Naga or Tiki or something.

Oh, ok. I haven't finish Awakening so I didn't fully know what the Awakening could do.

Edit: Does anyone here know how many characters were in Brawl? If all the characters from that game return(excluding Pokemon Trainer) and we add the ten newcomers, how many would they equal in total?

Edited by Ace Gamer

Obviously Gematsu was never a chance for anyone. I mentioned this earlier, but I'll say it again: I believe Shulk still has a good chance of making it in (and I think you're being overly pessimistic just because this reveal wasn't Shulk, but that's neither here nor there). Why? Because we haven't seen anything Xenoblade yet. We've seen a Wonder Red trophy, we've seen Dillon, and even freaking Rayman. Do you really think Xenoblade, a game with a huge cult following going for enormous prices due to the limited print that even has a sequel (or whatever it is) in the works won't be represented in Smash? Plus I'm pretty sure Shulk is a popular choice even disregarding Gematsu.

Gematsu being de-confirmed says absolutely nothing about Shulk's chances. Or, well, if you still want to hold onto some belief that the leaker is actually legit but made some sort of mistake on Chrom, he did say that Shulk was "100%."

In my opinion that's what makes him so likely. Smash is, in part, about advertising. We got a new Golden Sun, Punch Out, and Sin & Punishment because characters appeared as Assist trophies from those games. Roy was shown off in Melee before his game was even released. And who in the west had even heard of Fire Emblem at that point? Now it almost has five reps! FZero and Earthbound were never that huge commercially yet they've been staples of Smash since the very start. Really the fact that Xenoblade is a highly acclaimed game that didn't manage to sell well and is still getting a sequel means Shulk is more likely than ever. Don't you think Nintendo would like to push the Xenoblade IP?Show off the characters and highlight its importance in time for the new sequel to come out. Smash Bros is a fantastic way of advertising characters and franchises and Nintendo has used it to this effect in the past.

Well, I don't think Shulk being in at all is out of the question. He has a decent shot of being an assist trophy. Maybe a hidden one, like Isaac was in Brawl. In fact, the parallels between Shulk and Isaac are pretty strong: they're both the main character of RPGs that I really liked and wanted to be playable in a Smash game, and Isaac wound up just being an assist trophy in Brawl. Shulk could very well follow in his footsteps. If there was some fake leak that said Isaac was going to be in Brawl back in the day, I would have been upset when it was proven wrong, too. Probably more so, actually, due to the fact that I was a teenager back then and had less control over my emotions. However, I want Shulk to be a playable character, which is what I meant when I said he has about as much of chance as I do.

Well, I'm done ranting about how much I don't like Robin as a character (and thus don't like his/her inclusion in Smash). Enjoy your victory, Robin fans. At least I have Lucina (though I probably won't be able to main her well due to the fact that I sucked as Marth in both Melee and Brawl).