SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those wondering about what the page says about Ike, all it's talking about is Ike's history in the game. That CG is the one from PoR and not even concept art for the new Smash anyway. It says something along the lines of "Here's Ike at age 17~18. He's a general weilding the divine sword Ragnell." That's my interpretation, anyway, but it shouldn't be *too* off. Then it talks about Ike three years later, grown up and now the leader of his band of mercenaries. There's absolutely nothing that hints at any costumes or anything, just little character tidbits.

Edited by Samias

It says something along the lines of "Here's Ike at age 17~18. He's a general weilding the divine sword Ragnell." That's my interpretation, anyway, but it shouldn't be *too* off.

It's not. That's exactly how I would have phrased it in English.

So how do you guys feel about Smash 4 keeping remixes of the older games?

Doesn't really hurt anyone...

So I see no issue.

You're thinking of Roy.

Why would I be thinking of Roy? I'm well aware his age is 15... Even if I think he looks younger

I wasn't aware Ike's age was confirmed before.

Edited by Espeon Shaman

I love it. During the direct, there was a remix of the Great Fairy Fountain Theme that played during Zelda's portion. Sounded great!

This is not about who you find attractive or not...People need to seriously rethink their definition of "bishounen" or "pretty boy".Both Robins do this at you people:tumblr_n2crgcYhhV1rmzb08o1_500.jpg*This is not targeting anyone specifically.Honestly, people need to actually look back and see how they're using words and how the accepted definition is NOT subjective.

I think I'm wasting my time by replying, and I may have read your post wrong... but here goes anyways.

After re-reading what I'd wrote earlier, I would have to say that it honestly had nothing to do with what all the pretty boy discussion and definition and all.

Though I would have to agree with that some people (including myself) should rethink the definition of "pretty boy" at times, I feel that term is indeed subjective. There may be a set definition being that it's a style and all, but that doesn't necessarily mean everyone will think a certain person is pretty. May be a pretty boy at definition, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Robin might be a pretty boy at definition and style, but actually being considered "pretty" will eventually come down to one's opinion; therefore being subjective.

When my family was eating out one time, my sister asked my dad who he thought who was the most annoying out of us kids. My dad said that it was subjective, since what is annoying to him may not exactly being annoying to one of my other siblings.

Hmm, I think bishounen/pretty boy is an objective term because it describes physical traits/appearance as well as defining someone's psychological aspects, such as personality. Another completely different thing is whether you like someone or not (here is where the subjective part enters in conflict).

I'm not an expert, but I am pretty sure that there are specific physical features that define a bishonen, I think pretty boy is a rather poor translation of what it means. (although I'd say Robin is sort of a bishonen, based on what I know)

Technically, Marth is prettier...but Ike is manlier.

...And to think on why that we have so many female Ike sites as the westerners are trying to make him like Marth. XD

Debating whether to answer this candidly...

Um

Did somebody miss the discussion where Sakurai was interviewed on the FE:A characters and talked about how he thought Chrom would bring nothing new to the game? Wasn't that a thing? I'm pretty sure that was a thing.

Can somebody source us on that if it was indeed a thing?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it myself. It was indeed a thing. The creator of the series decided he wasn't a good fit for the game. Please stop being in denial about Chrom not being playable now, okay? It's getting nearly as incessant as Ana can be about Ike.

What? No, it was the Oompa Loompa--

...wait... NO!

GODAMMIT SoC I'LL KILL YOU

Smash-Bros-Robin.jpg

To be fair, Robin IS pretty bishonen.

^ truth

lol
I know about that already. He just favored her over Chrom for bigger fandom in Japan.

IYeah, there's a Pooka from Dig Dug in Smash Run, but seeing how a big chunk of Pac-Man's moveset represents various Namco universes rather than just the Pac-Man universe and there's quite a few Namco items (like Galaga Bugs and the Special Flag) that are in Smash yet don't have playable characters representing those games, Pookas in Smash Run without playable Dig Dug aren't too weird due to how much representation Namco is getting in general.

In addition, Sakurai said around the time of the Robin/Lucina trailer that he's reaching the end of the newcomer videos list. I doubt Sakurai would post that if there were 4 more newcomers left. 1 or 2, sure. 3 is a bit of a stretch, but I could still see how that'd be reaching the end, but 4? I'd hardly call the ~2/3 point "reaching the end."

It had good music in it too. :D

I thought bishounen was a girly looking guy like Lucius, Libra, and of course, Marth. Ike and male Robin never looked girly to me, even PoR Ike. O.o

5IGQQW.jpg
Should I start running? -.-

Well Robin and POR Ike have little muscle mass and a smooth, clean face. That counts.

That's why female Ike works in his FE9 design. Marth can be a gurl without people knowing with a good covering disguise. XD
Tiara, no pants. You name it! :D

Though I would have to agree with that some people (including myself) should rethink the definition of "pretty boy" at times, I feel that term is indeed subjective. There may be a set definition being that it's a style and all, but that doesn't necessarily mean everyone will think a certain person is pretty. May be a pretty boy at definition, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

That it is.
Clerics are also a piece of eye candy as some say.
Edited by Bimbo

As charming as the massive posts with loads of pictures are, it's not really necessary to quote everything and respond with massive irrelevant pictures. It's kind of an eyesore having to scroll through them.

Honestly, it'd be a huge waste NOT to reuse some of the great arrangements from the last two, IMO.

I think I'm wasting my time by replying, and I may have read your post wrong... but here goes anyways.

After re-reading what I'd wrote earlier, I would have to say that it honestly had nothing to do with what all the pretty boy discussion and definition and all.

Robin might be a pretty boy at definition and style, but actually being considered "pretty" will eventually come down to one's opinion; therefore being subjective.

Hmm, I think bishounen/pretty boy is an objective term because it describes physical traits/appearance as well as defining someone's psychological aspects, such as personality. Another completely different thing is whether you like someone or not (here is where the subjective part enters in conflict).

Bishonen IS an objective term. You can make up whatever definition for it that you want, but it doesn't change that the term 'bishonen' refers to a specific stereotype of appearance that Marth (in everything), Ike in Brawl, and Robin in this game fit into. That's basically all there is to it can we move on now please

I know about that already. He just favored her over Chrom for bigger fandom in Japan.

Yeah... you keep telling yourself that. :0