SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I think that tier list is all the way from the invitational. I had deja vu reading it. It's far from complete and is very early impressions, and also can't take into account custom movesets. Now that we know so much more about Villager's Pocket and insane recovery, for instance, a lot of people will probably rank him fairly high except for a few matchups which are stacked badly against him (Fox, Mario, and Link come to mind).

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smash has been known to get things incorrect. It also doesn't completely follow canon.

See, whether Smash follows canon or not is completely irrelevant.

The point is that in Smash Bros, Sheik is female. That's a fact that cannot be refuted.

Is it really helpful for people to be defensive when theres no need to be? Hmmm? People are flipping tables over the littlest stuff and being shitty to people without provocation. If you are into encouraging that, yeah im looking at you funny.

Yeah, I don't really care what you think about them. If you think there's a problem, just report them. No need to comment on them all the time.

The point is that in Smash Bros, Sheik is female. That's a fact that cannot be refuted.

I just popped in to see the current conversation in this thread.

Did we really come back to this?

Edited by shadowofchaos

I just popped in to see the current conversation on this.

Did we really come back to this?

Hey, it all started because someone suggested that the inclusion of Sheik in a "Super Smash Sisters" tournament should be up to the one that organizes it.

I disagree with that as I believe Sheik should be part of such a tournament by default.

Like an oroboros or something.

Yeah eat your own ass!

Anyways, I've been playing a little more of the demo, and I'm pretty sure Mario's been buffed too. I can't really tell what it is; he just seems... better.

Also I learned how to grab properly today after being terrible at it for years.

Wow, I can't believe no one has realized that it's quite likely that the host of such a tournament will allow Sheik anyway. That's actually the main reason why I said what I said in the first place. I wouldn't have allowed Sheik, but I don't want to host the tournament because I know doing so and disallowing Sheik would cause needless bullshit.

Yeah eat your own ass!

Anyways, I've been playing a little more of the demo, and I'm pretty sure Mario's been buffed too. I can't really tell what it is; he just seems... better.

Also I learned how to grab properly today after being terrible at it for years.

As a Mario main, he's pretty much faster now and he's a more combo character than he used to in Brawl. He was great in melee but his lowered speed in Brawl damaged his capabilities quite significantly. They buffed his attack speed back up enough to be viable again.

Just in case Smashboards didn’t post it:

Rufure/Robin Tomes:

Up B: Elwind. 9 Uses. Regenerates 5 seconds after ditching a broken one.

Side B: Gigafire [Arcfire] 6 Uses. Regenerates after 10 seconds.

Down B: Resire [Nosferatu] 4 Uses. Regenerates after 35 seconds.

Neutral B: Regenerates after 10 seconds

Thunder: 20 Uses

Elthunder: 7 Uses

Gigathunder [Arcthunder]: 4 Uses

Thoron: 3 Uses

I think that tier list is all the way from the invitational. I had deja vu reading it. It's far from complete and is very early impressions, and also can't take into account custom movesets. Now that we know so much more about Villager's Pocket and insane recovery, for instance, a lot of people will probably rank him fairly high except for a few matchups which are stacked badly against him (Fox, Mario, and Link come to mind).

"that guy" is zero, who won the invitational tournament. of course it's missing those characters, since pre release means it was from the demo version. however, being from the demo version, it's still irrelevant.

he literally has the JPN game

he's been streaming it like nonstop

iirc he might've been fiddling around with custom movesets?

Doofina would know much better

Just in case Smashboards didn’t post it:

Rufure/Robin Tomes:

Up B: Elwind. 9 Uses. Regenerates 5 seconds after ditching a broken one.

Side B: Gigafire [Arcfire] 6 Uses. Regenerates after 10 seconds.

Down B: Resire [Nosferatu] 4 Uses. Regenerates after 35 seconds.

Neutral B: Regenerates after 10 seconds

Thunder: 20 Uses

Elthunder: 7 Uses

Gigathunder [Arcthunder]: 4 Uses

Thoron: 3 Uses

One thing they're also saying is that the Thunder tomes all share usage.

So it's, in my opinion, better to look at Thunder as a meter. It starts off at 100% full. Thunder reduces it by 5%. Elthunder by 14, Arcthunder by 25 and Thoron by 33. So you can use two Thorons (66%), an Arcthunder (66+25=81), an Elthunder (81+14=95) and a Thunder (95+5=100%).

I know who ZeRo is and I know he is good at Smash. I am saying the quoted list is old and impressions of the characters could have changed. Especially when now we can compare every matchup. It will take time for people to work out every trick with every character in every matchup now that we have the full roster.

To back up my claims, I found a reddit thread with said tier list from three months ago. It's old. http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/285jmx/zeros_smash_4_demo_tier_list/

Edited by Samias

One thing they're also saying is that the Thunder tomes all share usage.

So it's, in my opinion, better to look at Thunder as a meter. It starts off at 100% full. Thunder reduces it by 5%. Elthunder by 14, Arcthunder by 25 and Thoron by 33. So you can use two Thorons (66%), an Arcthunder (66+25=81), an Elthunder (81+14=95) and a Thunder (95+5=100%).

It would be advantageous (if you took the time to actually keep track of percentage), to use it as much as you can and charge it up for one Final Thoron.

I know who ZeRo is and I know he is good at Smash. I am saying the quoted list is old and impressions of the characters could have changed. Especially when now we can compare every matchup. It will take time for people to work out every trick with every character in every matchup now that we have the full roster.

To back up my claims, I found a reddit thread with said tier list from three months ago. It's old. http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/285jmx/zeros_smash_4_demo_tier_list/

Whoops, I see now. Sorry about that.

I saw a couple of posts as I was catching up regarding if coins transfer over to the full game. They do, but the maximum you can transfer is apparently 50. It's not a lot, but it's better than nothing